Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:50 am

Andor is pretty good. It's closer to Rogue One for obvious reasons than anything else If most Star Wars stuff is Saturday Matinee, Andor is a 10 PM prime time drama. It's slow and intricate. Luthen Rael's backstory is a mystery, What happened to him 15 years ago? Rumors are he was a Jedi or was married to one. I hoping it's the latter, as the former is too simple, and obvious, But who knows.

One more Star Wars before we move on. This is actually the episode that got me back into SW after souring on the PT. I knew of Rebels but never watched it or the Clone Wars. But then I saw an add that Vader was going to be on it, and I stumbled upon it one day while flipping channels. After that I had to go back and see all the episodes that led up to this. When that was done I had to go back and watch The Clone Wars cartoon. And despite the sequels, I've been immersed ever since. I've included this version because the animation is better. Originally it was left as a cliffhanger of whether Ahsoka survived, it wasn't until a later season that it was revealed how Ezra saved Ahsoka. From the Ahsoka trailer I think it's safe to say it isn't a spoiler to reveal she survived, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:19 am

I see, well that's good. So much they make is so fast faced with all of these camera cuts and stuff. their always in such a rush. They need to make movies and all that at a slower pace like the OT for instance, it had such great pacing as did other stuff in the 80s & 90s. Pacing really changed come 2001.

I can tell how this scene got you back into watching the SW series. It was a great scene and an authentic continuation and I can also see why they chose Rosario Dawson to play as the live action version. This animated depiction really resembles her face-wise IMO. Vader sounded really great. Since you love it do yourself a favor a watch it again, at 1:46 when Tano draws her sabers listen to that music in the background with the haunting solo female voice and then some action music. The score is Kevin Kiner. He did wonders on the Clone Wars 2008 film and he also did this, He's a great composer. Listen to how he emulates William's score, I love it when a composer doesn't ignore the original material. One day I'll see this series and make an event of it. I like doing that with a franchise watching everything in chronological order seeing the story as it unfolds. Cool PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:46 pm

It's a great scene and totally made me want to know more about the show. There's a Maul vs Kenobi scene from an episode I'll probably post eventually.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:21 am

I know how that goes, you see one awesome scene then you want more and get involved with it big time.

Again, I never saw that one before. Charles Durning was a great actor, so underrated. Don't forget he was Doc Hopper in the Muppet Movie and Dom was there too :shock:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:48 am

Ok, I know I said no more Star Wars for a moment, but then this was in yesterdays The Mandalorian episode. It doesn't really spoil anything about the overall storyline, but it made me LOL and really smile. It's basically an interaction between a parent, a child, and a grandparent who always buys the toys the parent said no to, lol. Grandpa Karga! A little bit has been cut out of this version, but it's the best one I could find posted. It's still pretty funny.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:11 am

That was pretty good. It's cool they still had an IG droid there and course it great Carl Weathers is there :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:46 am

Yeah, that made me laugh.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:57 am

That was nuts :o Ferrets are cousins of Wolverines, Badgers, Weasels, Otters & Skunks of the Mustlid family, you do have to be careful with them as well.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:42 am

That show just premiered this year. It's not bad, probably still finding it's footing.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:39 am

It was Homicide meets The Closer in an alternate reality :o
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions