Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:27 pm

I saw it on jeditemplearchives last night. What a loss. What a legend.

RIP to an iconic voice and actor. Farewell...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:43 am

And What a shame :roll: At least you found out at a place that James Earl Jones's iconic Darth Vader is a part of :) James Earl Jones was quite versatile...great clips there Packer :)

Okay, today is 9/11...

Here's this news broadcast the night before on 9/10. Boy I find it weird that he said "everything looks in pretty good shape" :shock:

So here's this on the Regis & Kathy Lee Show on 9/11 when it happen :o :batshock: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

May all those that died that day Rest in Peace & that is still affected by the horror, I hope they are doing better now :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:19 pm

Indeed. I will always recall that morning. It was such a serene, cloudless morning here on the other side of NY state. I was in a college class until 9:15 and then listened to what was happening as I drove to my wife's (then gf) house and we just sat there all day in near stunned silence watching everything that unfolded.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:52 am

That's not great for such an unfortunate day but then it is great you recall that, it's part of "Never Forget" :) Those were some clips there.

Here's this great National Supermarket commercial. I miss them so much...I remember this commercial and seeing this makes Me recall such good times there in South Town on Chippewa & Kingshighway :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 12, 2024 2:58 pm

Well, we were talking about "special" wrestlers and that made me recall this. Comedy is subjective, and maybe someone will find this offensive but...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 13, 2024 8:31 am

Gosh, if you and others only knew how good National was and what a fun store it was. I've showcased it and share My memories of it many times :) He did do the vocals good.

Okay, I just posted a great Baseball Showcase in My Odds & Ends. To coincide with it, here's Uncle Leonard's TV. He was a great personalty of St. Louis & Missouri. Two very famous Baseball Players make an appearance here...John Tudor & Vince Coleman...watch this :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:58 pm

Ah, I remember John Tudor and especially Vince Coleman. When we were in elementary school I'd always have arguments with a friend about who was a better base stealer. He really like Vince Coleman but I rightfully so considered it to be Rickey Henderson. That would've been around 1986-87. I think history proved me right, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:01 am

Good trivia there PB. Yes, I thought that was great seeing them on them Uncle Leonard's commercials. Sadly, Uncle Leonard has been gone for a long time now :roll: See, that Thundarr the Barbarian was great. Hollyweird waste so much time of what could be made :roll:

Here's this commercial with "The Wizard" Ozzie Smith as he's advertising Vess Cola. If you don't know them, they are Missouri's own. their still around but things really chnaged like so much but back in the day they were great and My fave. They had 3 Liter...3 LITER Bottles being the same prices of a Pepsi or Coke 2 Liter bottle I mean you got your money's worth there a lot :o I started noticing in the late 90s how they started to make less flavors and stores started to carry them less and the 3 Liter Bottles was gone :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: I loved their Cola but oh man, My Grandpa PoPo loved Whistle which was Orange Soda. You can see it in this commercial :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 14, 2024 6:46 pm

I've never heard of them. Yeah, there used to be lots of brands but it's slowly been whittled down over the years like everything else, the big boys take out the little guys.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 15, 2024 6:37 am

That was a good Saturday Night Live with Kirstie Alley. Remind Me not to go to Cantore's when I have a date :o

Okay, one of St. Louis' own just past away and I've showed him before. It was Ted Drewes of Ted Drewes Frozen Custard :roll: Now follow Me PB, I got a lot to show here including several videos. First, here's this quote from Christmas...

packerbacker180 wrote:

BrandonDaCollector wrote:i don't know that Dave's Christmas Superstore in 1995 but I sure do Ted Drewes and I guess that's why you chose that one PB ;) Here's My quote from My Baseball: Origins P2 showcase :)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Since it's My city I thought I'd now show this as a special bonus that I am including for this Showcase is a St. Louis Blues Button that was in My Big Box of Buttons. However this just isn't a St. Louis Blues Button, this is a special & unique Ted Drewes Frozen Custard item. I'm really not sure how I obtained this but possibly at school as well :)

Now if your not in the Mid West much less Missouri then you probably don't know anything about Ted Drewes Frozen Custard. It's the most famous of all Frozen Custards in the state. He's got two locations, 1 on Grand that was hardly ever opened near where Ben Franklin's & Sears was and the other is on Chippewa that has always been insanely busy where Grandpa Pidgeons was. Ted Drewes's commercials are always on Fox Sports Midwest during the Cardinals & Blues games. Here's his logo and here's the man himself :)

Now this is the location on Chippewa, right across the street is the great Donuts Shop Me & Grandpa used to go to which their still there. We'd be like look at that crazy crowd of people at Ted Drewes. Ted Drewes is absolutely huge for sports here I mean their pure St. Louis history. Really there's not that many that's more iconic than them. Tourist have come here to just to try them out and as Ted would say..."It's really good guys...and gals" :)

OK, now back to the commercial. That's Ted Drewes there. In that commercial you can see it's the place in My picture. They still have those trees there as I speak, I saw them last week when I was in the Chippewa & Hampton area. I'm sure they cost a pretty penny. Thanks PB ;)

Okay, do you recall that :?: First here's the sad news from Fox 2.

Another one from Fox 2. The blond news woman there is Mandy Murphy. I've known here since I was a youngster, she still looks decent with that same look which is remarkable how she's kept herself looking that way :) Now listen to the customers, people from all over the USA come here because they all say Ted Drewes has the best Frozen Custard :)

And here's this one from KSDK Channel 5. You see how busy Ted Drewes is :)

Okay, now the important videos of the history including the introduction :) This was on NBC Dateline I mean Ted Drews is known all over :)

Here's this special from KMOV Channel 4 :)

It's the 3rd Generation as these show you what a great family friendly place Ted Drewes is on Chippewa :)

Here's these three short clips to show how busy Ted Drewes is on Chippewa I mean it's been like that ever since I was little :!:

Here's short vid of Ted himself :) :)

May Ted Drewes Rest in Peace and I'm so glad that great people is going to continue running the business & history :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions