Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 31, 2024 6:31 pm

I watch a lot of Tubi. I ran through most of the original Unsolved Mysteries on there. I like that they still update cases even decades later after each segment if the case was resolved. Tubi, Freevee, Roku, they all have some good, classic stuff.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 01, 2024 6:22 am

Yes, their all pretty good. Tubi really is the smoothest running. That was some Drew there.

Here's this St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department Drug Hotline from KPLR-TV Channel 11 IN 1994, 30 years ago this year :shock:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:02 pm

That makes me think of the videos of kids today seeing a rotary phone and having no idea what it was or what to do with it.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:53 am

Yes, see what I mean...kids today don't even know what a rotary phone is...I thought that was never possible...they gotta learn these things...the future is going to be so bleak if they don't :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

Good Medieval there. See, Adam Eats The 80s, yet another retro show especially how that logo is at the climax.

Today is Labor Day so here is this Labor Day Coors Beer Commercial from 1984, 40 years ago this year and this one is super-duper good :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 02, 2024 8:47 pm

Adam Eats the 80s is a neat little show if you ever come across it. There's episodes where he goes to companies to have them recreate food and snacks that were popular then but no longer exist.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 03, 2024 7:55 am

I see, it did look good. How about that Office :!: Here's this special newscast of historical St. Louis from KSDK :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 03, 2024 9:00 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 04, 2024 2:59 am

That was a classic Mr. T video there :)

Okay, today is September the 4th, on this day in the great fun year of 1995, the premiere of WCW Monday Nitro aired on TNT. It is still one of the most remarkable nights ever in wrestling with Mongo McMichael now part of the WCW Commentator team and with the returns of "The Total Package" Lex Luger & VK Wallstreet appearing unannounced whom were just in the WWF among other great moments. AEW Dynamite's debut on TNT was great but it didn't feel like this IMO. Here's the commercial and the awesome intro :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 04, 2024 3:27 pm

I missed those years. By the time I got back there was multiple nWo and half the roster seemed to be in one of them, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:23 am

This was still during the times when wrestling was great family fun. When the nWo truly began the Attitude Era in 96 things just felt different yet however it was still fun. I never seen those Robot Chicken Episodes before, those were pretty good with authentic voices and that they used the Jakks figures to base the characters...really cool :)

Check this, I just found this commercial by WPTT in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania of a double header of WWF & NWA wrestling in 1988 :o The headliners are Sting & Hulk Hogan...now this was one awesome commercial and surly this made at least one fan of both Federations back then 36 years ago this year :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions