Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 15, 2024 5:54 pm

That's my kind of channel! Mama's Family!

Yep, The Simpsons were on Thursdays the first few seasons.

I feel like I posted this first one before but what the hell, there's something in Texas...

But pretty sure I never posted this one...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 16, 2024 1:47 am

Yes, they were. Remember the great move The Haunted that I posted in My Horror Topic a while back :?: Well that movie premiered on Fox 30 KDNL and that was also in 1991...such a memorable time :) Yes, you posted that before Packer but stuff like that never get's old and besides, if it means something to you then IMO it's very necessary to post it again & talk about some more ;)

Okay, remember a while back I posted George Weber Jr. Chevrolet :?: Well, here's his father, I seen him since I was a youngster. This commercial is from 1994, 30 years ago this year :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 16, 2024 2:09 pm

Wasn't he Fox Mulder's boss? (kidding)

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 17, 2024 7:10 am

Good Family Matters there.

Nope, that's not Director Skinner but he does look like him and their from around the time too :) Okay, now meet another big guy cars salesman that I've seen on TV since I was a youngster. Here's Don Brown. He was on South Kingshighway. the great area that I've talked about many times. Unfortunately like George Weber Sr., he's been gone for a long while now :roll: Here's this commercial from 1992, 32 years ago this year :)

You meet Don Brown Jr. in time :shock:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 17, 2024 5:35 pm

I was going to do more sitcoms with episodes about high-school plays, but your movie trailer made me recall all of these on MadTV back in the day and I think you might like these more...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:45 am

Huh, how about this. I saw some MadTV back in the day but I never seen them. Those were actually pretty good. Their impressions was nearly spot on. His Seagal act was when Seagal got heavier and had his pony-tail back around 96 or so. The Van Damme could be considered from anytime. Thanks for posting that PB ;) Okay, continue on about your high-school stuff :)

Okay, now meet one of the biggest names in car dealers in Missouri & St. Louis, heck he was really in the whole country really. This is Dave Sinclair and this commercial is from 1992, 32 years ago this year. He specialized in Ford and was in South County on Lindbergh close to My local TRU. Like George Weber & Don Brown, I seen him when I was a wee-youngster as well even when I got older :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 18, 2024 5:23 pm

Ok, the plays the thing, as the old saying goes...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 19, 2024 7:30 am

I forgot to mention about David Carradine. He was quite legit. He didn't originally get into Martial Arts like many of them did..he did later in his life. He was was originally a dancer and then he morphed into a new style and clicked with him. This is why his style looks awkward yet fluid like that because his style is so unique :)

How about the Snow White & the Dorks :shock: :lol:

Here's this commercial compilation of Grandpa Pidgeons, K-SHE 95, Jim Lynch on Lindbergh, Big Cheese, Bonanaza, Meineke, Krummenacher's, Mercantile Bank, Rothman Furniture, Action Fitness, Bush Beer plus much more that was all on Fox 30 KDNL in 1985 :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 19, 2024 4:09 pm

That was a lot of commercials.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 20, 2024 6:05 am

Okay, that good Boy Meets World was on ABC Family...well, check out how ABC was in 1992 (this was Channel 2 before they were Fox 2) featuring The Wonder Years & Doogie Hauser M.D. :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions