Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:37 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 01, 2024 8:55 am

That Three's Company was good, amazing that she hypnotized him instead :shock:

Here's this K-SHE 95 with Cheech & Chong. They know St. Louis and that it's known for it's great Beer & BBQ and yes, there's great women here too:) When Chong says John Ashcaft...I featured him in My Odds & Ends recently because when he was the The Attorney General, he helped Me get My money back and then some of 2 different cases....now he was a great & considerate politician :!: Listen to what they say especially about the Kiel Auditorium. It's a very famous arena. Ric Flair among others had many great times here. Here's this video from 2009, 15 years ago this :shock:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 01, 2024 5:53 pm

Their comedy was before my time, but I've enjoyed stuff I've seen them in later like That 70s Show, Tin Cup, and Born in East LA.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 02, 2024 9:25 am

Oh yeah, way before My time roo. Like I said, I was very surprised when Cheech said about John Ashcroft I mean he helped Me get My money back and then some on two different occasions. I talked all about it in My Odds & Ends and of course I posted a picture of him :)

That was some D&D there, really good animation :!:

Here's this cool K-SHE 95 & St, Louis Blues celebrating both of their 50th Anniversaries back in 2017 :shock: :shock:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:01 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 03, 2024 7:56 am

Gosh, that was some Laszlo Cravensworth :blbat: :wwshock: :smsmh:

Here's this K-SHE 95 :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 03, 2024 6:52 pm

Ah, I think you mean Jackie Daytona.

I wasn't too sure who they meant by helmet with hair, but I guess it works, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 04, 2024 3:53 am

As Ace Ventura would say, alrighty then, Jackie Daytona...I not familiar with him ;)

That was really something with Siskel & Erbert there. I watched them from time to time back in the day. They were really classic critics. That was amazing how it was from teh original & special edition...basically from the same movie but a twenty year difference from 1977 to 1997 and seeing how they both aged. I miss those times back then :roll:

Okay, this reminds Me of this special that I posted a while back in My Star Wars Collection and I believe you completely overlooked it. I showcased My 1995 Star Wars VHS release, two years before the Special Edition in 1997. It was the last of the original version of SW and it's one of My most prized SW items & times. Here's the big bonus that I posted there :)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:So without further adieu here is the really cool trailer that goes along with My Star Wars Original Trilogy VHS Box Set that I got long ago :batsmile:

Now if that wasn't enough, as noted above in My first quote, each VHS Tape has a special interview with George Lucas himself by Leonard Maltin. It was in three parts. This was the first time I saw Lucas on film. I believe I saw Maltin before. Lucas tells a lot of his work, tons of trivia and the future. At 11:00 he talks about the music & John Williams. It's important stuff I mentioned before in My Composer Topic. It's really great when he talks about this :) All three interviews are included in this video which is really cool that their all together, watch it & listen closely to see how it was before the days of the Special Edition & Prequel Trilogies :)

And here is this special bonus :batsmile: :wwwink: :smgrin:

That's it for this bonus, more great SW showcases coming from Me soon, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:

You can see My special VHS showcase plus a whole lot more that you may have missed here --->http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/star-wars/star-wars-my-miscellaneous-collection-intro-more-t1191-80.html Also, just yesterday, I replied to you PB in My Classic Kaiju Topic about Lucas ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 04, 2024 7:10 pm

Ah, Jackie Daytona was just the name he was going by in that first video when he was laying low after a fellow vampire claimed he owed him money from 167 years ago. Rather than pay, he went on the run, lol.

I used to watch Siskel and Ebert when I was in high school. It used to be on Sunday nights at 1130 after the news, and I'd like to see their reviews of new films because I'd usually had gone to see the new big film that came out that Friday.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 05, 2024 5:45 am

Ok, well all of that is good. That was some Michael Jackson parody. Jackson had a medical skin condition called Vitiligo.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions