Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:01 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 12, 2024 4:41 am

That was a great Spider-Man stories there :) Okay, I wanna get back to My cool local stuff from the past. First I want to see about finishing up with K-SHE 95 because i have so much other great & fun local stuff to show :) This commercial is from 1983, it begins with Ruth Hutchinson whom I introduced a while back when I first started posting about K-SHE 95. She was the "Grandmother" of all DJs and the oldest DJ ever known then it has some other cool stuff as well :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:53 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 13, 2024 7:58 am

That was some Kids in the Hall :shock:

Here's this very short but great K-SHE 95 commercial back in 80s :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:46 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:50 am

That was a good Community, I just saw Ben Chang in a commercial a couple nights ago but i'm not sure what it was however I've seen him in many commercials before.

Okay, I got two things of sad news...I found out that Richard Simmons died :roll: Here's this video with a touching story.

It's weird, last year I showcased in My all-crucial Sweatin' to the Oldies which the VHS was originally My Grandma's. I had read that he was sick and knew he wasn't going to be around much longer :roll:

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Image

So yes, Sweatin' to the Oldies...do you recall this classic series of work out videos that starred fitness guru Richard Simmons whom was feminine gayish and cryptically androgynous that was one of the great flamboyant yet weird personalities of the 80s who looked like he could fit in wrestling as a funny jobber or even a fan favorite mid carder :?: Well if you don't here's the really cool Vintage video to remind you :batwink:

However starting in the mid 90s or so she never watched it again because things was just changing. I loved to look at & feel that VHS Cover so I adopted it and kept it in My VHS collection and I think I only seen it once back then. I still wasn't into it but now it's a bit different. I'm into it not for the exercise but for the sheer history of this series that spawned several more entries that created a franchise ;) So she got the THE original version from THAT VERY commercial and NOT the Warner Bros./Warner Home Video version release. Here's the Front & Back of the VHS Covers. They look really good and are in terrific shape. Click My pics to see and open up in a new tab for maximum viewing detail :)

Here's a side view of the VHS Box and the VHS Tape itself. Like I said, this is THE original copy. This was by Richard Simmons' own fitness diet company called Deal-A-Meal which I really dig that name because it sounds really cool, classic & fun and it was approved by the AFAA/Aerobics Fitness Association of America. Look at that Copyright of 1988, this year marks Sweatin' to the Oldies' 35th Anniversary, can you believe that much time has gone by already :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: Again open up the pics in a new tab for maximum viewing detail :)

So there's Richard Simmons' Sweatin' to the Oldies from the 1988 that I adopted from My Grandma MiMi. Did you expect this to be a showcase from Me :?: I hope you liked it and maybe were a bit surprised. OK. Now what's next in line for My Odds & Ends is going to be a absolute huge, multi-part presentation of My Baseball Collection :o I wanted to get Annie Burke, My Weather Books & Sweatin' to the Oldies archived first as I associate them with this time of year. I want to get to My Baseball showcases now while it's still Summer and while it's Baseball Season :batwink: I hope your gonna wonder of what I got and all that and anticipate it, in the mean time please check out Annie Burke in My previous showcase and possibly more that you missed here in My very crucial Odds & Ends, until the next presentation I'll see you around :batgrin:

So here's the other sad bit. MLB Player Sean Burroughs has died too :roll: I remember seeing him a lot back when Baseball was still really fun :roll:

Here's this nice video of him from back in the day :)

May they both Rest In Peace :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:34 pm

Lol, I just posted that video of Sweatin' to the Oldies in the commercials thread. I'll change it to something else. Sad about Sean Burroughs too. Drugs flooding in from the southern border are ruining this country and a generation while politicians look to legalize more of it. Nothing like a dumbed down, stoned population.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:16 am

Yes indeed :roll: How about that Richard Simmons & Drew Carey, I never seen that before, that was great :)

Here's this K-SHE 95 Commercial from 1987 :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:31 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 16, 2024 6:25 am

That was cool that Trump and on the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions