Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:11 pm

I saw the news about those sharks. I don't know, I've been in the ocean multiple times, both Pacific, Atlantic, even the Gulf of Mexico. Never really worried or thought much about it.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:45 am

Just be cautious next time you go in the water, ocean, lake or river, it really doesn't matter. Great Whites & Bull Sharks are known to get in big rivers... you just never know. Those clips are something. I don't think I knew about the peeing method. I know when Keith's boys, Mike, Tony & Joe were telling Me this...they weren't laughing. they were very serious kids older & bigger than Me that loved Football and had the passion for it. They were decent kids and I hope their still doing good as I type this :)

Since you posted that Friends...check this out...this Heineken Commercial was banned in 2008, over 15 years ago already...Jennifer Aniston was the star of it :shock:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 07, 2024 1:52 pm

Banned> For what reason? The jellyfish trick wasn't anything I was aware until that Friends originally aired. It's kind of a joke now anytime we're in the ocean.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:08 am

According to what I know, it was because of her booty. She was embarrassed and had her lawyers banned it in either 2005 or 2008, I don't know the exact year. Really sully if you ask Me :roll: Good Momma & Boy Meets World there.

Here's this Goldust & Marlena on Late Night with Conan 'Brien from March 21. 1996 :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 08, 2024 1:20 pm

Hmm, that's a shame. Funny commercial. Never saw that Goldust clip. Never really watched late night TV after Carson or when Letterman was first on CBS. Nowadays they don't even have good hosts on those shows besides Jimmy Fallon.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:25 am

Yes it is. I used to, it depends on what guest was on there. Yeah, a lot of hosts and comedy isn't what it used to be as I've said before :roll: That was some Brooklyn there...BUGS BUNNY :o

Here's this one as well, Goldust was on The Howard Stern Show in 2003 and this one was in March too but a lot has changed since 96 :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 09, 2024 1:25 pm

I never really got into Stern. I can probably count on one hand how many times I saw his show on E! or listened to him on the radio. I don't know, it always seemed like they were mocking guests more than anything. I did go to see his movie in the theater though

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:51 am

Yes, I agree, basically it was the same with the talk shows, if so & so wasn't on it then I'd skip it.

Oh the Babylon Bee, I'm very familiar with them. That was some video of our Commander in Chief. I don't know if your familiar with JP Sears. He's pretty famous and get's around. He's in cahoots with Babylon Bee :shock: If you don't know him, he's a comedian and very muscular and loves his new son. In fact a long while back I wondered if you seen him or like him PB. He has a YT channel called Awaken with JP. His material is quite important & sensitive but very funny. Here's this video from a couple years ago :o

Here's these two just the other day :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:20 pm

I really only know the Babylon Bee from their Twitter posts, which are usually pretty funny. I never really watched any of their vids, just happened to stumble upon that one and since we were talking about Inside Out not that long ago. Neve really seen that guy around, though.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 11, 2024 9:49 am

I see. Well if you want to be awake, watch JP Sears, he says a lot of stuff that isn't on the regular news ;) That was a really good SNL with Jon Lovitz & Phil Hartman, like many of'em, I never seen that one before :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions