Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:16 pm

That was kind of funny.

I found some Not Dead Yet clips. The shows premise is basically Nell returns home and gets a job writing obituaries for a newspaper and suddenly when she gets assigned to write someone's obit, they start showing up to help her write about their lives. It's an odd premise but the show is actually pretty decent and has a lot of heart in it. Here's a couple scenes with Martin Mull from the pilot.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:08 am

Yes it was. That show looks alright. It was good seeing Martin Mull there. I've noticed actors being is movies or whatever with titles like that then they pass away...really strange :shock:

Okay, I'm going to pull off a CLUE :? I know I said about that being a finale...that's what you thought...but that's the way I could have ended but it isn't the way I am :shock: I'm ending it with this two-part finale :o This came out in 2002 I believe. This is a wonderful SW Fan Film. It has many Jedi that was is Episode 1 & Episode 2 that Lucas didn't focus on much. This is truly amazing :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:21 pm

Some of those Jedi looked interesting in those films, but other like Even Piell were, I don't know, less interesting. And the name, lol. Sometimes SW has some cool names and others just make you shake your head.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:48 am

Oh Homey D. Clown, he was funny, I like him :) Those kids were something too :lol: Okay, here's the last of the SW Fan Films. Now this one is quite historical. It was made in 2002. It was on the Hyperspace web page long before YT existed and was well known during that time. I find this one tremendous. It has special effect very similar like Dark Forces 2 the video game that I showcased which IMO is still great. Here's My true finale :)

Now what I'm going to do soon is put all of these entries in a new Fan Film Topic in the SW section, that way you can see these any time you want and you won't have to search for them plus you can add new entries as well ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:48 pm

That was a longer one. The fighting wasn't the best, but that was pretty good.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:17 am

Ok, well I hope you liked all of those SW Fan Films overall :) That was a great Raymond there, that one very cleverly done :)

Okay, so since I'm done with SW for now, I'm moving on to different stuff ;) Here's these featuring Brad Garrett that i saw on TV a lot :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:59 pm

Brad Garrett is also on that Not Dead Yet show. He plays the billionaire owner of the newspaper. It's strange seeing him look much older now, but since he's been doing stuff since way back when the Rock n Wrestling cartoon was on, it shouldn't be surprising. Time remains undefeated, as the old saying goes.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:18 am

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY :)

Yes, I was looking for a good clip of his voice as Hogan. Maybe I'll find one some other time. That Wonder Years was good. That girl was in several episodes in Walker: Texas Ranger too :shock:

Okay, here's the iconic Fourth of July scenes in 1975' Jaws :!: You couldn't pay Me enough mollah to ever get in the ocean like that :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: John Williams score is so good :)

Here's the iconic speech in 1996's Independence Day - ID4 by President Whitmore. IMO this is one of the most moving moments and best speeches from any film :!: David Arnold's score so darn epic :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:03 am

That Independence Day speech is pretty iconic by now, I think. And Jaws is a classic. I've swam in the oceans a few times and honestly never thought much about it. I even wore an Amity Island tank top to the beach once, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:00 am

A lot of people don't think of what's in the water. That's interesting trivia there PB :shock: At the climax look for some trivia of My own :)

Those are good clips especially Darren McGaven. I tried to fid the Tiny Toons Vacation Happy Independence Day clip but couldn't. Yesterday there was some Shark Attacks in South Padre Isle in Texas :o

I have a bit trivia too. Remember I was saying about Keith Smith and his three good sons across the alley who were My friends for a while :?: Well when they went down in Florida and went in the water, they got stung by Jellyfish. I was like oh man what happen. They were tan but gosh the scars on their bodies were white :shock: That was about 1991. During the same year My Mom and her boyfriend Jasper went to Destin, Florida, they saw dead Jellyfish on the beach then they went in the Ocean. She then saw a little boy in trouble in the water when he was swimming. Turns out he was stung by Jellyfish :o Also during the the same year when her, Me, Jasper and his son Giuliano went to the Lake of the Ozarks which I've talked about a bit of this time before, We went swimming there and I was quite scared because of what could have been the water. I never ever wanted to go in waters like that again. Just recently in My Cryptozoology Topic I posted about the dreaded Flathead Catfish in the Ozarks that is now terrorizing Canada. People is gotta think twice before they get into waters like that :!:
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions