Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Entrance Theme of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Entrance Theme of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:06 pm

No recollection of any of that, lol. Thankfully.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:47 am

IMO I thought it was good times. La Résistance was a good team, either version, tag or trio. They had some history :!:

Okay, I said earlier when I posted the two themes of Road Block that I have a bit more of him. You said you don't know him PB. So here's this, what I'm about to tell you is absolute LEGEND :!: It's a story that very few people know and really only old schoolers like Myself on the web would know. Now get this:

Road Block was featured in a large article in Rolling Stone Magazine during the year of either in 1991 or 1992, I cannot confirm which one. Back then, he was known "The Rochester Road Block" on the Indy scene when the Independents were really cool. The feature was about his struggling time making it to the business sport of pro wrestling. As you know I always complain about how today's wrestling so lacks jobbers and local talent. During these times the going rate for a jobber was only around $300 a match :shock: Road Block first knew about the business when the WWF came to his hometown in New York. He was working out and of all people "The Hulkster" Hulk Hogan came into the gym. Road Block tried to ask him about how to get into the wrestling business and Hulk blew him off. Now this is the mythical part. That night at the arena to prove Hogan wrong right before Hogan's match was to start, Road Block jumped the railing and chased Hogan's opponent The One Man Gang around the ring and pinned him :!: As always when there's a fan jumping the barricade they get arrested and as a result, Road Block was arrested :o

Now, now you can believe that or not but that there is what I've known over twenty years and so few people mention it like they mention so little from the 90s of the web. Over the years I think I've only seen two YouTube videos that ever said about it :roll: It's really the stuff of Legends in the world or pro wrestling :) Now Road Block did kinda prove Hogan wrong because he made it in wrestling...he began wrestling in 1989, 35 years ago this year :shock: He wouldn't truly begin however till 1990 and he would have other names as well such as Big Joe Nasty, Golden Terrier, The Mummy, Torre Infernal and The Masked Inferno. He would be in Super World Sports (SWS) in Asia and even the World Wrestling council (WWC) in Puerto Rico and then he would go to WCW in 1996. He was a jobber yes but he was mighty impressive and quite unique and did get some wins of his own :) He retired in 2000 I believe.

Now with that being known, here's this great tron of Road Block's third theme :)

Now the thing is, I think very, I mean very few people put 2 and 2 together. In 2015, WWE made a new PPV called WWE Roadblock :!: I was like what...you gotta be kidding Me...ROADBLOCK :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smsmh: The posters, graphics and the design even looked liked Road Block's wrestling attire :shock: Well, WWE owns WCW so they could that :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:46 pm

Nope, didn't know any of that. And Rochester is only about an hour from here. But I could see Hogan blowing him off a bit. He didn't exactly look like the Ultimate Warrior in the body build department, lol.

Dalton Castle is also from Rochester.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:06 am

I didn't think that you did PB, there's very few people that do. Yeah, he had no muscle tone at all really, just a really big & tall guy. Who knows, he might still be there, if you go back to that area look for him, I'm sure he's still recognizable :) Look in the promo section...I've posted a confirmation to the story plus there's a lot more to it :shock:

How about that. Dalton Castle's theme is pretty good. Amazing all the Peacock stuff going on recently with him, Charlotte and the service itself :shock:

Okay, beginning in late 95 and also during this time when Road Block was wrestling in WCW in 1996 there was a tag team of Construction Workers called Men At Work. They were Kris Kanyon and Mark Starr. Neither one of these guys are with us right :roll: They were a great team but usually never won. Here's their theme :)

They got a third member, Mike Wenner aka Mike Winner. I haven't seen him WCW folded. They are got a second theme as well :)

Then they got a third theme which this is also good :shock:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:40 pm

Never heard of them as a team but that was when I was totally out of wrestling.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jun 28, 2024 4:13 am

They were pretty good. My Grandpa got a little kick out of 'em. Ah Perry Saturn's WWF theme. that was going to be on the Vol. 5 but they canceled it. I liked how Jim Johnston kept the Air Raid Siren in as that was a major part of Saturn's WCW themes :) I liked the Radicalz. Amazing how all of them went their separate ways, stayed the same but yet were different. Here's "The Ice Man" Dean Malenko's theme that was also cancelled to be on the Album. It's really a dandy theme but not as epic nor as thrilling as his WCW theme. I liked how he was a ladies man during his last days in the WWF. I really digg these babes in his tron, so stunning, just an example of how cool the Attitude Era was :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:18 pm

I never really saw Malenko wrestle until the WWE and really thought he was the least exciting of the four.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:13 am

Mark Henry's theme is pretty good and matched him but yet another rap song.

Oh, okay, I just posted Dean Malenko's WCW debut promo video package. Yes, seeing him in WWE was good but not for a first timer. I liked his ladies's man gimmick/persona but really he was criminally underused in WWE. In his WCW days he was such a great competitor, women was never involved. He fought all of the great ones and had classic feuds with them all like like Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho, Ultimo Dragon, Psychosis, Juventud Guerrera and Mr. J.L./Jerry Lynn but his most memorable feud was with Rey Mysterio Jr., in fact their the ones that truly sparked the then new Cruiserweight Division to what it became. When these guys especially Malenko came on to wrestle on WCW programming, it was always exciting. He basically ruled the division for a time as he beat them all :!: This is one of the reasons why I said that when WWF was having their Light heavyweight Division, WCW was way, way ahead of'em. Malenko could handle the bigger guys too. He had epic bouts with Disco inferno, Lord Steven Regal, Curt Hennig and even Sting. He really was a tweener or neutral. He did heelish things but he was a guy that would do anything it took to win. Seeing him in AEW as an older man as a trainer/coach/official does not give him the justice whatsoever. Now, with that being said, I had mentioned yesterday that I liked his WWF theme but it wasn't as epic nor thrilling as his WCW theme. Well, when I first heard it when he was coming out during his debut I immediately fell in love with it. I was like, wow, that, that's one of the best wrestling themes I ever heard and I'm only 15 during this time in 96 :shock: Soon when I'd get on the web during the early great days of the Internet, I was like gosh, I gotta see if I can download it. Sure enough on the official WCW page they had it and since then I've listened to it countless times :o Here's this really cool tron, listen to it closely and watch it closely. It shows you just how great he was. You'll see many of the greats that he fought and how he walked out, he had a very serious entrance. Also in the video is included when he posed as the Luchador Halloween (Ciclope) and beat Jericho :!: Watch & listen :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:28 pm

Definitely sounds to the point, no messing around.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:19 am

Oh, that was a good time with Edge & Christian. Edge's second Theme was really improved here. It was on WWF the Music Vol. 4 Album which I showcased :)

Here's a double Jacqueline Moore theme, she was so good, Way before Naomi, Bianca Belair & Jade Cargill. She was a total package, really hot and such a pure wrestler. She was USWA's number woman and one of the best overall :)

Here's her Tron from WWE 2K17, the Theme is a bit different but arguably better :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc