Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Entrance Theme of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Entrance Theme of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:48 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jun 21, 2024 5:50 am

Oh yes, Gillberg, that was Duane Gill, a long time WWF jobber. It was quite obvious who he was and that was so hilarious that the WWF did that :lol:

Here's this feature of Bobby "The Brain" Heenan :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:05 am

There'll never be another like the Weasel, er Brain.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jun 22, 2024 3:48 am

Yes, that is true, so true :roll: Monster Abyss' theme was quite good, it was really unique for a monster like him. Dale Oliver has composed many good TNA themes and songs and that's one'em :)

Here's The World's Greatest Tag Team theme. They truly were a great team. WWE tried to have others to be like them with American Alpha and even Alpha Academy but only The Creed Brothers come close to Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin :!: I love how this theme starts out with the Olympic run then it goes heavy metal with a great guitar then becoming a little brutal. It really reminds of a great cue that Marc Mancina & Trevor Rabin and Sammy Hagar did for 96's Twister :!: Jim Johnston really knocked it out of the park with this one and the tron is great too :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jun 22, 2024 6:41 pm

I really thought American Alphas were going to be bug. Shame the one guy got hurt. I always liked Charlie Haas. And Shelton Benjamin was criminally underused and misused for his abilities.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:53 am

I know, such mishandling/misusing :roll: That was Jason Jordan with Gable. He was incredible, almost like Bron Breakker in a way. He's currently a WWE official, sometimes he pops up to break up a fight :shock: Their theme pretty good, nothing like The World's Greatest Tag Team however, if you play them back to back you can tell & hear how much the eras changed :roll:

Here's Jacques Rougeau when he was the Mountie during fun times in 91 - 92. He was such a talent. Here's his great first theme :)

Here's his super fun second theme with him singing his song :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jun 23, 2024 5:24 pm

Ah, The Mountie was something. Crazy how back then wrestlers could just completely reinvent themselves in the same company like that. I don't think they could do that anymore these days. Yes, Jason Jordan. Couldn't think of his name and didn't feel like googling it.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:52 am

Yes, there is so much that you can't do in wrestling now, just another thing in this modern age that is lacking :roll: Alexa was really good. Her theme is really nice and fits her quite well :)

Here's the Quebecer's theme, I just posted a special story about them in the Promo section. Their theme is cleverly done in the same way as The Mountie's second theme. This has always been such a fun one :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:32 pm

I always wondered what real Canadian Mounties thought about the gimmick.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:37 am

I wonder too :? Michele McCool was quite good. She had such an arsenal of moves. The spear and belly-to-back inverted mat slam which is a form of Styles Clash. She appeared in a a couple Women's Royal Rumbles and she was mighty impressive. I'm like why isn't she making a comeback...she's arguably better than the entire women's roster :o

Okay, so we were talking about Pierre & PCO in the Promo Topic...I wanted to quote Myself here because I love this, it's one of My all-time fave wrestling themes :)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:
Jean-Pierre LaFitte - I loved Pierre. This was My fave gimmick of PCO, he was going places in the WWF then the Kliq happen and ruined it all :roll: His theme is great. Of course people has to complain and say it sounds like The Undertaker or Hakushi...instead of that why don't they be grateful that is it actually available after decades of waiting for it :x

Okay, so as I said in the Promo section, I have a bonus and you might be surprised so here it is. I couldn't find The Amazing French Canadians theme but you can hear it enough in the match in the Promo Topic that I posted. Now, as I said about The Quebecers how they appeared in the WWF in 93 with no hype. Well, fast forward to 98, they returned to the WWF having the same thing. I couldn't find any promo of them during this time but here's their return :!: Notice they still look like The Amazing French Canadians a bit and Pierre still has the eye patch as I explained in the promo Topic and this was one of the most underrated moments of The Attitude Era IMO :)

Now, continuing what I was talking about before of many guys using the same theme like Mark Henry, Jim Neidhart and Scott Putski. The theme is being used by Buchanan and Poirier whom were Armageddon. They were part of the Truth Commission which were an awesome stable and extremely underrated. This is one of the only matches that Armageddon had and they face The Quebecers here. Make sure to listen to the theme of Armageddon when they come out, I'm sure you'll recognize it :!:

Now, here's The Quebecers second theme that you just heard above when they came out during that match. It's not as fun as their first theme but it's still pretty good :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc