Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Entrance Theme of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Entrance Theme of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:07 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:12 am

That WWE theme of Eddie Guerrero in the WWE was alright...I preferred his 2 WCW themes way more especially the second one.

Okay, a little bit a re-visitation here. Here's Scott Putski's first theme as I noted earlier with Jim Neidhart. I will revisit this sometime soon :shock:

Now shortly after that he got a new theme for a while and his Dad Ivan came out with him too with this cool theme :)

So after Scott's short stint in the WWF, he went to WCW...here's his theme here :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:47 pm

Don't know if I ever saw him wrestler. Probably saw him job at some point.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:41 am

I see. yeah, Scott Putski wasn't around for long and yes he jobbed :roll: Oh boy, Papi Chulo...that was great :) There's more to him than what your probably know PB...I'll post about that in time :) Oh man Big Daddy V :!: I loved him. Now when I posted and talked about him when he was King Mable, that there is still My fave persona of his however when he returned and became Big Daddy V I was absolutely stoked :!: I loved his feud with The Boogeyman. This was during a time in the WWE when it was really, really fun. "The Big Man" was actually making a comeback in 2007-2008 I mean I loved it when he arrived, The Great Khali did too and he had great stuff with them against The Undertaker, Kane, a monster Mark Henry and so on. I don't know if you noticed and really I've never read anybody say it but from 2005 - 2010 in just about everything was kinda like the 80s because movies were being more graphic with violence & gore, huge men and so on. Speaking of The Great Khali, here's his first theme, I just loved it when he was a major monster and that he attacked The Undertaker when he debuted :!: While that wasn't as a shocking compared to when The Giant Gonzales attacked The Undertaker at the 93 Royal Rumble but it was still really cool. I prefer this so much more then when he became a comedy act sometime later :roll: You see some great Indian stuff and at the :08 second mark, he mocks the Undertaker :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:59 pm

Ah, the Great Khali. I could never take him seriously for some reason.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:22 am

Oh the original Tiger Mask :!: What a revolutionary wrestler Satoru Sayama was. He was actually a feared heel in the USA when he'd travel here however after he returned home to Japan, kids weRe saying that they wanted to become a major villain like him when they grow up...this forced him to become a babyface :shock: One of his great rivalries was with The Dynamite Kid :!: He had a short time in the WWF and became the first wrestler to hold the WWF Junior Heavyweight Championship and NWA World Junior Heavyweight Championship at the same time...that was so remarkable :!: His character almost has a reputation of Matt Borne's Doink the Clown as there was many wrestlers to play the character after Borne left the WWF in 93. There has been at least 8 wrestlers that has been a Tiger Mask over the decades :o

Oh I took The Great Khali seriously but when he started dancing, losing, being a misfit with Nattie & Hornswoggle...almost like a Giant Silva of The Oddities 2.0 in a way :roll: Here's his theme during that time, it's not a monstrous sounding one now to fit his newer gimmick and his theme is pretty good, very authentic Indian song :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:39 pm

Yeah, it seems like when you're as big as him or the Big Show you can only be a threat who loses for so long before you have to go the comedy route sadly.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:24 am

Yes, I believe that is the case unfortunately :roll: Yes, as I said before, the music/theme makes the wrestler. Maven didn't like his own music and look how far he went :roll: Even though he made a comeback it should have been bigger than what is was :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Now I think it's an okay theme and that it's a song. It has a good tune to it but I think it would have been slightly better had it been instrumental. Look at Keith Lee for an example. He had a song, it really was very good in NXT and he went to the top in NXT...then he's going to the main roster and look what happen...WWE fired the people that made his song as well as others...Keith Lee just fell flat on the main roster. When I first saw him come out with the new theme I just knew it wasn't going to be the same as it was in NXT because of that music change. My Grandma was watching it with Me and she was like that's really bad :wwsmh: In fact I was surprised to read some people said the same thing on the web and Lee is saying I'm trying to get my theme back but it's really out of my hands :roll: When I read that I was oh brother :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Recently they changed Shayna Baszler's theme...I am so displeased with that new theme. They play it so low and I'm like oh it's Shayna...it's unmemorable you don't even know it's her coming out anymore :x Also I mentioned this before, they redid CM Punk's theme too. Its got such a slow tempo to it like it's a beeing played 10 - 20 Xs slower :roll: When Punk comes out now it's now longer the same :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Now the thing is this has worked before for others when times were better and more creative. Shawn Michaels for instance...Sherri sung his song then when she left they changed it and he sung it...back then I didn't think that hurt him, in fact it enhanced him and I still think that. Compare Hogan's Hulk, Hulk, Hulk compared to All-American...it just enhanced him. there's others too :)

Okay, now you talk about matching who it's supposed too...here's Skinner's theme but it's not man made music, it's nature's :!:

Now here's Skinner's second theme when he came back for a few appearances in the WWE in the 2000s. NOW, THIS is IMPORTANT. Look in this video as you see Skinner facing Virgil...this is VERY, I mean VERY reminiscent of the match that I saw in person :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jun 19, 2024 2:40 pm

That first one isn't much of a theme, lol. The second one I can hear hints of the Wyatt Family in there. Never saw Skinner, though.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:58 am

Yes, like I said, it's not man made, it's nature ;) He came out with that theme since he debut till he left. Indeed, good ear there PB :) Skinner was very fun to watch whether he'd win or lose, he was really talented too. Nikki Cross' theme was/is pretty decent. It was clever how they made her a individual female theme when she was with Sanity cause all of the other members were male. I really liked Sanity, such a darn poor decision of wasting them :roll:

So it's the First Day of Summer aka Summer Solstice :o What better way to begin it than with The Dynamic Dudes, Shane Douglas and Johnny Ace :) Their theme is so darn rad. This video is too. you'll see how they were them cool neon vibrant colors which I loved that and look at that, there at the mall :!: Look VERY closely at the kid their with, he has a Ghostbusters II T-Shirt on...that was so cool as you can tell what time period this is...it's 1989, 35 years ago this year and boy it was so fun back then :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc