Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Entrance Theme of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Entrance Theme of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat May 18, 2024 4:42 pm

Truth, I almost did Ken Shamrock first but thought maybe we'd done his before so I went with Steve Blackman,

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun May 19, 2024 5:55 am

Crash Holly was very good, another gone way too soon :roll: Yes, I posted Ken Shamrock before, that was a better tron though. I posted Severn before but not his first theme and his second tron was different too. I really don't like posting the same stuff over again but if there's better versions and the stuff is on My mind then I will do so ;) I never posted Tank Abbot before. These guys are hardly talked about now when they were the Hogan, Savage & Warrior of the UFC. Those days of the original UFC were so cool, there's no comparison of today's UFC, kinda like today's wrestling in a way...fun & exciting yes but so much lack and no classic feel. Now after the original "Beast" (gosh sometimes I just hate it when Brock Lesnar would come out and be called "The Beast", I hate that your supposed to forget the past & reboot or this is better than that crap plus it's not good for this generations's future cause once they don't know the past then it's just not going to be good :x Dan Severn's brief stint in the Federation, they got "Dr. Death" Steve Williams from Japan (amazing that both Steve Williams was in the WWF at the same time, the other was Steve Austin...that's why Steve changed his name to Austin when he got big on the scene before WCW so there wouldn't be any confusion) and gave him Severn's second theme. I loved his short time there :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 19, 2024 2:55 pm

That was a really menacing song. It's a shame they ruined him with that stupid boxing tournament.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 20, 2024 9:11 am

Yes it was, such a good one. Oh I know :roll: When I'm done with Goldust in the promos I'm gonna do Steve Williams next :shock: That was a very good one of Jim Cornette :)

OK, well here's Goldust's 4th theme when he was The Artist Formally Known as Goldust...this is arguably My fave theme of his and one of My fave wrestling themes in general, it's just so fun & weird :batwink:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 20, 2024 2:38 pm

That wasn't a bad rendition of a familiar theme.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 21, 2024 8:30 am

Oh yes, it was great :) Ah, The Strike Force's Girls in Cars, that was such a good one and they were a good team ;)

Here's this excellent Mr. T "Eye of the Tiger" theme & tron. These times were so great, there's still very little that can compare to how fun all of this was then :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue May 21, 2024 1:27 pm

Ah, it's how to imagine just how big Mr. T was back then. I covered it a bit in the cartoon section, but he was everywhere back then...cartoon...A-Team...guest appearances...a kids hip hop album!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 22, 2024 7:39 am

Oh I know you did PB, you covered a ton of him ;) Yes, he was very big :) Oh Elix Skipper, he was a good one that you never hear anything about anymore :roll: His time in WCW was really fun. Here's the Wild Samoans, Rikishi's Dad & Roman's Father :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed May 22, 2024 6:48 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu May 23, 2024 5:22 am

Billy Kidman's theme was great, been one of My faves since he first came out with it after he left Raven's Flock and stopped the seven year itch :shock: It had such a unique tone to it. The guitars and drums were kinda unique but what I really liked about it was the near-haunting sound when the 5 second mark hits and it continues off & on throughout the theme :)

Here's Cyndi Lauper's theme which of course was her own song. Like Mr. T, this was such a great time. Her along with Wendi Richter were the true pioneers of today's Women's wrestling :wwwink:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc