Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:04 pm

I always thought it would be fun to go there It looks like it would be just from videos and from the movie scenes. It's only three and a half hours from here, but they start partying the night before and I don't know how we'd work that. I just watched the movie this morning. Bill Murray had some great films in the 90s.

I was going to do something else today but then I heard about the passing of another legend. RIP Appolo Creed, Carl Weathers. Man, he was in so many great things throughout the years. What a loss.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:29 am

Well that's not long really. You don't have to be there on time...just be there in time to do some stuff ;) Oh yes, ever since I first saw the film I thought it would be really cool to participate there and be a part of it :)

Groundhog Day 1.jpg

Yes, I was quite saddened to know that Carl Weathers passed away and may he rest in peace :(

Carl Weathers RIP 1.jpg

Carl Weathers RIP 2.jpg

You know I really liked him. He was such a good actor and had such a tremendous physique and all those clips you posted were very good PB :) Now it's My turn :) Here's his deleted scene from 1977's Close Encounters of the Third Kind. His scene had been restored for the Special Edition released in 2017.

Here's this iconic scene from 1987's Predator. It was amazing when I first saw this...Arnold was one of My first big action heroes as you know. When Carl Weathers first talks and you see him...I was like that's Apollo Creed and he's with Arnold because really I knew Apollo Creed shortly before I knew Conan or the Terminator :o

This here is such an incredible scene for Carl in Predator :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:10 pm

Yeah, Carl Weathers put most wrestlers to shame back then. Dude was built like a truck. The way he looked in the Rocky movies was almost unbelievable.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:56 am

That was some Mandalorian right there :shock:

Here's this video of THE LAST remaining Sears :roll: If I lived in the area/region I would make a special trip down there see it and get something as a historical item. It's cool how they put a little bit of the Vintage Commercials there :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:38 pm

Man, Sears used to be huge. I think they tried to be too many things in the last few decades. Electronics, tools, sporting goods, clothes. Just a little bit of everything but not a lot of one thing, and then places like Walmart and Target came in, or Hope Depot and Lowe's and they all took some business from them whereas places like Kohl's or Penney's that was more focused on just clothing, have survived longer. Of course, online has hurt them all.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:46 am

Yes PB, you be right on there :roll: Oh gosh, that SNL was ridicules but it was good and what a cast it had too :o

So yesterday I posted about the last Sears in New York. I saw this as well which while this is in Detroit, their connected to My own personal history. OK. Before you see the videos, this happen at a Mrs. Fields. I don't know if you know them or have them in your area. Their usually in malls. When We'd go to Crestwood and We'd do Our stuff including Me going to K-B & K&K, We'd go to the Mrs Fields Cookie Shop that was right across the way from KB Toys. Many times it was Me & My Grandpa PoPo as he'd stop by there on his way to Sears which was just feet aways either to go to work at the Tool Department or just to shop. They had a ton of cookies and extremely rich too. I loved their giant Chocolate Chip Cookies. They were the size of a dinner plate. Oh man those were so delicious and they were in a wrapper that you could just easily take it out of, they were like the best cookies ever. OK, well that's My story there. See, these videos reminded Me of that and while that is great, what happen to this girl isn't :roll:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:01 pm

Rome fell slowly as well. Our society is morally broken in many ways. It's sad to watch.

But this isn't!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:31 am

Many ways...you can say that again :roll: I never seen that Mad TV Terminator vs. Jesus. That was interesting to say the least :o

EDIT UPDATE...I just saw that Toby Keith just passed away :roll:

Toby Keith RIP 1.jpg
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:09 pm

I saw that this morning. I'm not a big country music fan but some of his stuff was good. RIP

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:33 am

I'm a not huge country music fan either but only sometimes depending on things. Those were some good clips of Toby in wrestling. He was big guy and suplexed Jarrett with ease. Amazing how TNA was then. I miss those days. I thought he had a really good look too. Thanks for posting those PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions