Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:58 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:25 am

Thanks for posting that PB ;) Those Godzilla x Kong - New Empire figures look pretty decent with cool features. Scar King looks awesome. I hope kids today appreciate that there is actually Godzilla figures. It was a rarity when I was youngster with very few to choose from in the US as I have showcased. I bugged & bugged My Grandparents & Mom to find Me monster figyres but no stores carried them except for the Imperial Godzilla 1985 figures that I showcased. I mean if My Grandpa wouldn't have been in Kansas City, MO on that business trip at the time and not looking at the comic & toy shop, I would have never gotten that big Imperial Godzilla 1985...that was so great of him surprising Me with big G85 :) It was so cool that St. Louis' own Trendmasters made their own large line from 94 - 98 which that was quite big for Me then after they went out and Jakks Pacific took them over collectors were forced to buy from Japan once again until the mid/late 2000s until Bandai FINALLY started to make their own figures like they did in the Orient. I love collecting Godzilla & Kaiju figures. You saw that I got that special Hollow Earth pack for My Birthday...

These are wonderful because it was cheap and it had many of them together plus the figures are small which I really love that style. I would really love it if Playmates puts a set like that out for this new movie soon :)

Here's this Steak 'n Shake one titled "The Path". I love this one :lol:

I have one more with Master Sensei tomorrow ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:19 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:15 am

Gosh, I actually never seen that McDonald's Godzilla commercial :o Clearly that was from the Heisei era as that was Godzilla in the 90s which was arguably his best incarnation. Cool PB :)

Here's this Steak 'n Shake with Master Sensei :lol:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:21 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:19 am

Man, that Mattel Godzilla Game looked cool and different. that was in 1978. Toho had retired Godzilla with The Terror of Mechagodzilla in 1975 till the 1984 reboot so that was cool he was still at it with the kids ;) I'm sure it was quite fun then :)

OK, I think I only have a few more Steak 'n Shake commercials after this , I wanted to do this as long as I could ;)

Here's this one :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:18 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:34 am

I actually never saw that Carl Weathers Old Spice commercial...that was sweet :)

Here's this Steak 'n Shake commercial :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:20 pm

And here's a bonus from yesterday. I usually DVR so I can skip commercials so I didn't originally catch on to this right away bit BING!...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:46 am

Holy crap...that Trendmasters' Godzilla Doom Island series :o They are regardd as one of the most rare and sought after action figures ever because when Trendmasters was releasing these then they had cancel the series because they were getting ready to file for bankruptcy despite they had a huge thing going on with Godzilla 98 :roll: So if anybody out there has these, you got some history there :)

How about that, Ned got in on the day repeating too...I never seen that Groundhog Lays Commercial before...that was quite good, unexpected and hilarious :) :o :lol:

Here's this Steak 'n Shake commercial :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions