Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:43 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:05 am

How about that SNL, that was really good and well done, it was even licensed with ESPN :shock: . The Gun was figuratively & literately :o Now that was some good football ;)

Well, after this looks like I'm done with Goedekers. I looked into his YT and the rest are just commercials that is for online. They're really bland compared to his classic commercials that I shown. I picked these two as they were like the best of the newer ones.

Tomorrow I will see about posting more local history commercials that I've seen when I was a youngster or older ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:46 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:39 am

How about that Impracticable Jokers :lol: :o

Here's these. Back in the day when I watched wrestling, cartoons and more in the morning & late at night, I'd see T.J. Mullins: Attorney At Law commercials. Their still in business. I only saw 2 of them on YT and while their not pleasant, they're still history for My area which both of these are from 1991 :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:22 pm

It's amazing stuff like that is on youtube,lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:01 am

Yes it is especially when you recall stuff and see if it's there and then it is :) That was some South Park :shock:

Here's this one. I only found one of him on YT but at least he's there. He's Chuck Rizzo of the Traffic Law Hotline. He's still in business but now as The Rizzo Law Firm-Chuck Rizzo, Jr. and really far up on Gravois. I used to see him all the time in the early to mid 90s on TV when the WWF would have Superstars & WCW would have Worldwide on Our local channels late at night like 12:00 AM. When My Grandma & Mom would watch the wrestling with Me they'd joke and stuff and say oh there's Chuck Rizzo again :lol:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:45 pm

Sorry I missed a day. We were in Cleveland over the weekend for a hockey tournament. If you follow the NFL you may've heard the Bills game was moved from Sunday to Mondy because of the amount of snowfall on Sunday, and that's the mess we drove back into last night. About 3 feet of snow on the driveway and we have a looooooooong driveway, like a good 40 yards, and my snowblower must've had old gas in it because it wasn't throwing well so it took forever for me to dig out the driveway today after I got my truck stuck at the entrance last night and...well...it was an ordeal the last 24 hours....

But it was also a weekend of surprises in wrestling, so....

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:18 am

I see. It's been freezing below zero & snowing here for many days and I can't take the cold very well so I've been trying to take it as easy as possible.

That's all great. I didn't now about Perry but I briefly saw that about Trinity & Nic Nemeth. I didn't know about Dana Brooke. I'm glad their there and I hope they have better times there than they did in WWE.

I got several commercials planned here of K-SHE 95. It's an old Classic Rock and Roll Radio Station. My Mom & Dad used to listen to it when they young and when I was a youngster then I got into it when I got older. The Radio Station is in it's 56th year already :o Their iconic Logo is of the Smoking Pig, I've known that for ages. Their located in Creve Coeur, MO.

This video has no sound but it's from the 70s and you can tell how it was.

Now this is from 1983 :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:03 pm

Since you've been doing local commercials, here's a few local commercials for a furniture store. The older guy, Steve, is former Buffalo Bills field goal kicker Steve Christie, and the woman in the Video is pretty easy on the eyes.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:34 am

Gosh, I haven't seen the Smothers Brothers in ages :o When I was a youngster I thought Tom was Johnny Carson before I really knew Carson. Tom just past away on December 26 last year...he was 86. Dick is still around however :) This duo is one of the good ones that nobody talks about anymore which is a such a darn shame :roll: That was a good one with Steve Martin. He is a natural :)

Those were good. I think I seen him before elsewhere but I'm not sure where. Yes, the woman was pretty good looking and it's cool she has some tattoos and not overly done like a lot people do :batwink: The store has a cool name, Lake Effect ;)

OK, more KSHE 95. More history...they were one of the first radio stations to play rock music on the FM band and is the longest-running rock station in the world. You've never heard a Rock Stadio Station till you heard K-SHE 95 :batsmile: Here's 2 more KSHE 95 Commercials, the first is from 84 and the second is from 86...yes your never too old...I love it :)

There's more I got lined up from K-SHE 95 that is really cool :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions