Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:45 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:40 am

How about that Now Back To Our Regularly Scheduled Programming. That was interesting that they chose Jupiter, The Bringer of Jollity by Gustav Holst. It's one of the greatest pieces of classical music ever :!: that was some SNL Moppets :o
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:57 pm

I saw that Muppet SNL a couple weeks ago and debated whether to wait or post it then but I figured I'd wait until the new year. I just didn't want to forget about it, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:28 am

I know what you mean PB ;)

How about that Rick and Morty, that was nuts:o :lol:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:39 pm

Yeah, I finally got into Rick and Morty after watching the season 6 Christmas episode this past December. That lead to me watching season 7 after to see where it went, and now I'm on season 2. Not sure why I avoided it for so long, one of it's creators is Dan Harmon who also created Community, so the humor is right up my alley. Expect more clips in the future.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:37 am

Well that is great PB, it's fun when you follow a creator of something and then you know what to expect what else they make is ;)

What a way to meet your favorite celeb :o That was cool he mentioned that he was from Star Trek & Reading Rainbow ;)

OK, I'm gonna post as many vintage local commercial as possible. During Christmas you met Steve Goedeker, so here's this one that is a bit of a introduction :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:59 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:47 am

Oh the Little Shop of Horrors Skid Row was great, I think it's an underrated part of the film.

Here's this little KPLR Channel 11 promo from 1989, 35 years ago this year of showing Batman the original Series and then going back to the 3 Stooges. I loved it when Batman was on TV and If this was still the 80s The Three Stooges would be on at 12:00 AM Midnight tonight and woudl be over at 3:00 AM. Those were such fun times for Me ;)

OK, back to Goedekers. Here's this Goedeker's from 1990 :) Notice he says Best Buy & Circuit City :?: That's because they were his competition in South County. Only Best Buy remains right now.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:25 am

Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel. It's weird because around here I think it was the arrival of Best Buy that took down Circuit City.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:00 am

Indeed it was same Bat-Time, same Bat-Channel :batwink: Such fun times. That was cool how KPLR Channel 11 did that Three Stooges...they did gifs before gifs were a thing :shock: How about that. It's different in all locations. Goedeker actually outlasted Circuit City but he was taken over by a company & people I didn't know in about 2019 so Best Buy really didn't put him under. Keep in mind this in South County is where Toy Chest & TRU was as well as K-B in the mall. In fact the South County Mall was right across the street from him. I still can't believe that mall is gone :roll: Here's this commercial from 1994, 30 years ago this year which I really recall this ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions