Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:06 am

I just found out that legendary Hall of Famer NFL Football player Dick Butkus has died :( Now as you know I'm not a Football fan but I do know some of the players and I knew him a bit.

Dick Butkus RIP 1.jpg

Dick Butkus RIP 2.jpg

Here's some clips of "The Monster" of the Field!

He becomes a NFL Hall of Famer & more!

Here's a few clips of him back in his day and I recall seeing a few of these when I was a youngster :)

This was 50 years ago this year :o

Was he a really a "monster" :?:

Is Dick & Bubba Smith Animals?

This is from 1983, 40 years ago this year, the sound is low however.

Here's Dick, Bubba, John Madden and even Rodney Dangerfield!

Here he is with "The Fridge" William Perry!

Here he is with Mike Ditka whom sometimes I got a little mixed up with thinking one guy was the other and they even resemble each other too ;)

May Dick Butkus Rest in Peace :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:12 pm

Yeah, heard that on the radio yesteray on a sports channel. Besides being maybe the greatest middle linebacker ever, tor me he'll always be Mr. Klawicki!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:09 am

Yes, that one too :)

Well, if 2001 wasn't already a bad year with WWF buying & ending WCW & ECW, WOW Magazine ending and of course 9/11...Mark McGwire had to retire and then today is that day, October 7th, this is 22nd Anniversary of when Barry Bonds tied and broke Mark McGwire's home run record by 3 and oh and he beat up Hank Arron's record too :roll:

Bonds was the oldeest player to do so many things.

i would have Mark get his revenge on Bonds like this ;)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:01 am

Richard Moll, the six foot eight star of Cheers has past away :roll:

Mathew Perry has died :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:17 pm

I was bummed to hear about both. Mathew Perry was still pretty young. Richard Moll I was hoping might appear on the new Night Court. RIP to both.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:43 am

Yep he was so good :(
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:06 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:47 am

That was a really good Cheers :lol:

I just found out that The Texas Rangers just won the World Series, their first ever in their 63rd anniversary year or existence :o Too bad they didn't win when the team was awesome with Rafael Palmeiro, Pudge Rodriquez,Juan Gonzales and Rusty Greer back in 98 & 99 :roll:

Rangers win World Series 1.jpg
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:08 am

I didn't even realize it was the last game I was actually flipping channels when I landed on the game in the 8th and Texas scored a couple runs If I knew a win would've sealed the deal I may've stayed tuned, but I honestly don't care much about either team and haven't paid much attention to the playoffs, so I changed the channel. Oh well.

We're going to try for all Thanksgiving themed Zens until Turkey Day, hopefully there's enough out there to make it. I think we'll be ok.

Ok, bonus because I just saw this and it's amazing....

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:55 am

Well I really didn't care about it, if this was the late 90s - late 2000s then yes I would have had 100% attention on it especially the D-Backs but it's just not the same anymore with Me, You got sons of veterans like Tatis & Guerrero but IMO they have done nothing like their elders, kids today & this generation needs to see what history their Dads made back in them days. I mean most of the guys I knew when I was watching baseball heavenly for many years has retired. Just yesterday it was announced that Nelson Cruz just put his gear away for good which is a shame as there is no more Nolan Ryans :roll: I just wanted to bring the news here for a moment ;) Oh I'm sure there's plenty of material out there PB. That was a nice Thanksgiving one there :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions