Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Halloween: Wrestling Promos to Terrify!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: 31 Days of Halloween: Wrestling Promos to Terrify!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:49 am

PB - Oh as Jake got older yes but he was getting sick though but during the 90s he was still a great speaker and yes, it made him more dangerous as you said. I really liked Papa Shango, he was a great character but kinda like The Boogeyman he could only do so much and was like that big, mid-card enhancement talent. His best moments was when he cursed The Ultimate Warrior and feuded with The Undertaker in 92.

Acid - Oh yes, that was great and still one of the best, there's nothing like the originals. Keep up cause a lot more cool spooky stuff in on it's way :blbaf:

Here's these to continue yesterday :blbat:

OK, so moving on WCW Halloween 93, this was 30 years ago this year :o They had another Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal too! WCW did so much more than the WWF back then and while it may not have always been a success at least...well as Jack Burton says, "You never know until you try" :) So here's the cool commercial.

Now here's the great WCW Halloween Havoc 93 Control Center with Chris Cruise and it has many fine moments & promos including Vader, Cactus Jack, Sting and Dustin Rhodes. There's a lot here :blww:

Now here's this one. I posted this before last year but I guess it was over looked or whatever because nobody said anything about it :o This is actually the intro for the WCW Halloween Havoc 93 PPV with Tony Schiavone doing a great job here and really is one of the creepiest and classic wrestling segments of all-time :blsm:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:18 am

I'm just glad he got healthy and is still with us. Didn't think he'd be one that was still around. I wish he were on AEW tv more.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:58 am

Oh I am. That was some Kevin Sullivan & Dream promo there and you'll be seeing more Sullivan shortly ;)

Now during this Autumn/Fall/October/Spookytime, King Kong Kong Bundy was making his return to the WWF. I was sick and adjusting to My new life but seeing this weekly on WWF TV helped Me. I loved these for numerous reasons. 1. Bundy was always one of My favs. 2. I love how they made him huge and how he's laughing and 3. When he's walking thru the great looking CGI city, he's actually scaled to it very well and you briefly hear Holst's Mars: The Bringer of War which is one of My all-time fav classical pieces and it's such an important piece of music as well.

Now here we go with WCW. They were becoming the one to watch by now. Hulk Hogan is there for a couple months already and his first big feud was with Ric Flair at WCW Bash and the Beach and now at WCW Halloween Havoc 94 their careers are on the line but Flair isn't going down with no help because now he has Sensuous Sherri in his corner :wwwink:

WCW Halloween Havoc 94 VHS promo!

Here's the cool Intro for WCW Halloween Havoc 94 :blbat:

Here go with Hogan vs. Flair. Mr. T is the special guest ref. Watch how Sherri get's involved for her man Flair. I loved how she looked here and she really took the bumps. She climbed that cage so well, arguably better than any women in this modern era. Hogan & Mr, T reunites a decade later and with Muhammad Ali too :blsm:

So after the match that ended Flair's career for the time being, the Masked Man returns and Kevin Sullivan and his big surprise formed the Three Faces of Fear which was this the precursor of the Dungeon of Doom in 1995 :blaq:

This was such a good event. Here's the Ending. It has such great music. Notice Tony Schiavone is the producer of the show. WWF never showed their credits but WCW always did :!:

Now next I will show the beginnings of the Dungeon which there is a lot to see :blsm:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:35 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:20 am

That was a great one by Piper. Because he said so...amazing how that didn't catch on yet :shock:

The Dungeon of Doom is coming soon but first here's a promo of The Three faces of Fear: Kevin Sullivan, The Butcher & Avalanche that continues right after WCW Halloween 94 that you just saw :blbat: :blww: :blsm:

Note: Brother Dave that The Butcher is talking about is Dave Sullivan (The Equalizer/Evad Sullivan) whom was Kevin's kayfabe sibling.

Here's a bonus promo of The Three Faces of Fear :blsm: :blmm: :blbaf:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:43 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:16 am

That was a cool Undertaker & Paul Bearer promo. Those were great times in the early & mid 90s when the WWF crossed over the USWA & SMW & vice versa. In reality they were the training grounds for talent and many of their wrestlers would become a WWF Superstar. These feds had partnerships and eventually they went under and were owned by the WWF.

So I couldn't find the clip where Kevin Sullivan fought the Butcher who became "The Man With No No Name" and when Kevin's Father "called" him and he traveled thru the forest in a very haunting promo however here's when he meets him in the cave. His Father is the "The Wizard" King Curtis Iaukea whom I showed and told about in the regular promo topic. You can clearly tell it's him because of his voice and the way he talks plus he's still around 400 pounds. Here he is "The Master". This is such a great promo where Kevin Sullivan becomes "The Taskmaster" thus officially beginning the The Dungeon of Doom :blbat: :blsm:

Next I'll post the first additional member(s) of The Dungeon of Doom :blww:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:59 am

"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:52 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:21 am

PB - That was a great Kane promo :blbat:

Acid - That's the ones I was looking for. When Sullivan & The Butcher had a fallen out there, The Master called him...see how haunting that scene was when he was running in the forest :?: Thanks Acid for filling in that gap :)

Here's the third member of The Dungeon of Doom..."The Ugandan Giant Kamala :!: I love this and Kamala was wonderful :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc