Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:53 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:38 am

That was a great SNL there :lol:

Here's this Mark McGwire commercial :o

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:59 pm

Looks like you linked the wrong youtube vid. I do that all the time, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:15 pm

I got up early today and saw you mentioned My mistake, thanks PB, it's correct now so check out it. I'll reply to your new stuff when I get time and it'll be there for tomorrow ;)

OK UPDATE :!: That Steve Urkel was great. I wasn't as impressed with his Elvis compared to his Bruce Lee but it was still very fun ;)

So now I'm moving on to something not so fun. Today is 9/11, the 22nd anniversary of horror. For all of those that who lost their lives on that terrible day, may they all rest in peace. May all those survivors & the families & friends who were affected by this unnecessary tragic disaster, may you all have peace of mind :(

It's unbelievable that they just found more victims after all of this time :o

9-11 Victims 1 -.jpg

Here's a little rundown of how 9/11 was in My view of the day :roll:

The newscast the NIGHT BEFORE :shock:

Here these incredible views of the plane hitting the South Tower of the World Trade Center/WTC :batshock: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

I was with My Grandma doing our shopping rounds and We were at Our Holly Hills Walgreens when We found out :shock:

MLB in 2001. My goodness, we had the superbly fun Home Run Race in 98 then three years later this :roll:

So while Baseball was really delayed, I was doing My usual fun Jason Voorhees gimmick for Halloween. I recall it like it was yesterday when I was walking back and forth watching the new York Yankees vs. The Arizona Diamondbacks World Series Game thru the door and this was on Halloween...the series didn't end till several days later in November :o

WWF on 9/13/01. If ending WCW, ECW & WOW Magazine wasn't enough for big wrestling fans in 2001, this happen :roll:

WWE pays tribute in 2018 and also on 2021's Smack Down Live.

Zelina Vega lost her father on 9/11 :cry: Here she is in 2018.

So there's My little bit of 9/11. Never forget :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:37 am

That day is like JFKs Assassination in that people of our generation will always remember where they were when that happened. You covered it pretty well. For a few weeks now I was hoping to post the SNL opening after 9/11 where Paul Simon performed The Boxer with Rudy Guiliani and First Responders, but there is surprisingly no copy on youtube. There was this though....

I did find this though...

I remember that speech by Vince. I probably mentioned this in prior years, but I worked at JCPenney back then and I remember how everyone, and their mother would come in and buy FDNY, NYPD, and USA clothing, and now I think how sad those words have become so maligned in the 20 years since 9/11 by people who have their own agendas to keep us divided, and how far we've fallen as a nation and a society as a whole. The US is still greatest country in world no matter what people want to convince themselves or others. It's just a shame how tribal it's all become.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:08 am

Oh yes, the JFK assassination. That was before My time of course but I've done plenty of research and seen a ton of it to know all that I can over the past who knows how long ;) In fact his unfortunate anniversary is this November :shock: Thanks PB :)

Huh, how about that. As much as there is on YT, it is still missing some key videos & clips that you often think about and your like what, they don't have it...nobody posted it...why :? It can be frustrating at times :roll: However what you posted of Paul Simon was quite good fitting ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:08 am

Ok, back to some lighter fare. You may or may not recall in my Venture Bros. write up I discovered there was a movie in the works but no release date. So imagine my surprise when I was flipping channels Saturday night and my eye caught a listing on the Cartoon Network for a two hour block entitled The Venture Bros.: Radiant is the Blood of the Baboon Heart, a fittingly bizarre title for such a show. Apparently the movie came out on HBO Max in July. I had no idea. It's hard for me to believe the show debuted 20 years ago already. Anyway, you don't really need to know the story, but here's a coupe clips that made me laugh....

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:48 am

OK. Yes, I remember your Venture Brothers a while back when you post'em before PB. I've never watched it. How about that, was cool that you found out that HBO did a new movie of it :) This looked pretty cool. the animation looked super crisp and everything and I find it great that there's hardly use of CGI like they've done in the big animated features over the years in recent times and that they went old school :)

Here's this, this was when Mark was still an Oakland A, this is quite rad :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:20 pm

I saw that one a few days ago when I was scanning Big Mac commercials. I don't even think No Fear is around anymore as a brand but it was pretty popular back in the day.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:05 am

How about that, I think it's still around. This ain't Baseball or McGwire but it's No Fear ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions