Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:14 pm

Terry Bradshaw makes for entertaining tv. That SNL skit made me remember this one, which is amazing, and probably even funnier if you actually saw the film it pardoeis, which I have not...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:43 am

Indeed he is. I sure did, I just spotlight the Joker a little while back ;) This was cool use of morphing from DC Joker to Sesame Street, really nuts there and David Harbor is one of those guys that can pull it off :)

TV Dad :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:51 am

It was good to see Reginald Vel Johnson after all these years!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:13 am

Yes it was. How about that, he was himself in BN-N. That's cool that they kept his two major roles going like that ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:10 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:07 am

That 70s Show was ok but I must say that Donna has a really good physique :batwink:

So here's this, I think of this moment quite often, IMO it's one of the most memorable moments of Raw in that entire decade of the 2010s as this happen in 2013 so this year marks it's 10th anniversar :o . So this is memorable because a few reasons. So Randy Orton & Sheamus were in a big feud, The Big Show was a tweener and was involved with them. Randy Orton & Sheamus had fought each other for weeks in multiple rematches on Raw, Smackdown and so on. So on this episode of Raw they fought each other for the last time in this series. The video is edited so you don't hear everything the crowd was saying I mean it was a ruckus crowd which sometimes I like especially back in the day of Cena cause it made it so much more interesting. So the Big Show arrives and destroys them and the crowd says "Thank You Big Show" and Jerry "The King Lawler is acting like why are they saying that :roll: Of course WWE commentators won't acknowledge reality unless their told by Vinnie Mac & Kevin Dunn or their forced too. Then the crowd says "We Are Awesome!" and I'm like and still like that and I've said it before, the people know what the card is, the web & net exist, why don't they do their research and all that...do they pay all of that money just to complain and be unhappy at these events :?: Did they see every Orton & Sheamus match in person :?: They should feel fortunate that they can do this...I know I would and even though I watched & kept up with the WWE product on TV weekly, seeing it all in person would be so completely different so again, I wouldn't be chanting this is boring and all that like I've been to every WWE event ever, I would feel very grateful for it :) When he showed up the crowd was quite excited so that was good. I love The Big Show's expression toward the climax :)

The Big Show 1.jpg

So here's the epic video, first see Vicky Guerrero and Brad "I wasn't lost in a Cave" Maddox, Sheamus, Orton & Booker T. The match starts at 2:08 and Big Show soon comes at 3:09. Note how Cole, King & Bradshaw calls him "The Giant" as this was a time when The Big Show was going thru an unstoppable rage almost reminiscent of his first & early days in WCW in the great year of 1995 when he was simply known as "The Giant" :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:58 pm

Some crowds go off the rails. I could see it with some WWE shows, especially a 3 hour Raw that isn't very good

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:00 am

Yes they can :!:

I had only seen a tiny bit of that Kylo Ren SNL Undercover Boss. That was actually pretty nifty :)

So today is September 8, it's the 25th Anniversary of Mark McGwire's 62nd Home Run when he broke Roger Maris's record of 61 homers. This was one of the biggest and most exciting moments I ever watched on TV and was a part of the experience. This Home Run Race with him & Sammy Sosa was so exciting. I kept up with it game after game and I then became a huge fan, arguably even more than wrestling :o Mark became a new hero for Me and this really brought Family & friends close and people you didn't even know at stores and so forth, there's never been a time like it nor will there ever be :!: I am quite fortunate to have experience it all :)

Now I never met him but I have seen Mark in person at the games a ton of times. There was nobody else like him. When he'd make his entrance with GNR's Welcome to the Jungle it was so epic. Everybody would take pictures of him with their cameras and their flashbulbs going off, it was the most incredible feeling whether he'd hit a homer or not. It was always so fun at the original Bush Stadium, I knew almost every inch of the stadium, I went there so much and again I was very fortunate to :) So here's the official video of the at bat as it happen and hit it off of Steve Trachsel :!: Those Maris' kids right there with "Big Mac". I read some of the comments on YT and I'm glad there's still people that still love this and this is the reason why they got into Baseball :)

NOTE: I've been showcasing a lot of Baseball Collection in My Topics, please keep up with Me as there will be a lot more to come :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:00 am

Ah, that was a fun time for baseball. It was pretty neat that he did it in a game against Sosa. You couldn't script that better.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:48 am

Those Simpsons were pretty good ;)

Yes it sure was, if there was ever a time that reality was better than fantasy this would be the moment :)

Here's this nice commercial to show it just wasn't Mark McGwire who made history and was the only fun one to watch. Here we see Cal Ripken jr., David Wells, Kerry Wood, Roger Clemons & Sammy Sosa. This 1998 was truly the season to watch however IMO 98 - 2002 were the absolute best times ever in the sport :)

Here's some special NOTES: Seeing these guys and others not seen here really got Me into the game. I was already anticipating the 99 season :o Many times when Me & My Grandparents would watch David Wells, We'd say how much he looked like The Big Boss Man :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions