Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:38 am

That was a cute Family Matters. The Mortal Kombat inspiration there was pretty good. It was the opposite when I'd play with My Grandma, she wasn't good at those fighting games but with others it was a different story. The graphics there was darn fine. Sometimes when I see exclusive games, toys & figures and stuff like that, that was made exclusively for the program , movie etc. I'm like dang, I would love to play that or buy that but again it's for the program and it's exclusive. Finally Urkel appears! I was wondering what year this was so I looked at the copyright when they flashed it up there really quickly (see again how those copyrights come through, always look for them, always!) and I saw it was 1996 and I'm oh, this 93 when MK came out, this is 96 when Ultimate Mortal Kombat & Mortal Kombat Trilogy came out which was great times still for the original MK saga. Really cool PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Your Minutes of RJ

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:16 am

It's a sad day in Buffalo today, as long-time Buffalo Sabres announcer (51 years, since their inception), Rick Jeanneret passed away last night at the age of 81. If you grew up in or around Buffalo you couldn't help but fall in love with hockey because of the voice of the Sabres, better known simply as RJ. For years he was a hidden gem, our own Vin Scully, and the soundtrack to our lives. Ask many fans, and they could probably recite some of these calls like "Derek Plante" or "Dave Hannan". Just say "May Day" to any hockey fan, and non-hockey fans probably, around here and it'll be sure to elicit a smile. There' will never be another.

RIP to a legend, Rick Jenneret

https://buffalonews.com/sports/sabres/r ... 1a264.html

Even if you don't like hockey, if you have the time, take a few moments and just listen to some of these iconic calls. There's too many to ever really post, but this one seemed to contain many of the best while not being overly long.

One of the things that sucks most about growing old is watching the legends and the people who helped shaped your life pass on from this world. The Paul Ruebens, the Stan Lees, the Rick Jeanerrets of this world, who remind us of our own mortality and how little time we actually have on these mortal shells.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:08 am

He was like the Jack Buck of Hockey, may he Rest in Peace :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:14 am

He really was. I hear some of those calls and I'm instantly back in the moment. When Dave Hannan scored in the fourth OT against New Jersey, it was after 1AM, I was 15 and half asleep on the couch in my parents living room. When Danny briere scored in OT against Ottawa, I didn't get to see the goal scored live. I had to work an overnight shift at Walmart, and since the game went into OT I sat in my car in the Walmart parking lot listening on the radio because I wasn't going to go in until the game was over. So I wound up being about 20 minutes late for my shift that night. And as I got out of my car after the goal was scored, I wasn't the only person getting out at that moment. There were probably 6 or 7 other car doors that opened as many people were sitting there waiting, lol. He will be missed.

But enough melancholy...

In case I did that one already, I can't remember...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:54 am

Very good story there PB :)

That was a good Cheers :lol:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:03 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:08 am

That Raymond was ok. I have some issues like that. I never do that with My fingers on magazines especially if their ones I love and I want in good condition. She still looked mighty fine ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:46 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:50 am

That was a pretty good Step by Step. Dana was quite a character. The women in the 90s were so good :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:22 am

Staci Keenan was always attractive. Even when I was younger and she was on My Two Dads.

In honor of the Ahsoka live action show debuting tonight, this may be a bit longer but well worth it IMO...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions