Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:40 am

That was a good one. Michael C. Gross is such a underrated actor. I loved his Burt Gummer character in the Tremors movies...I'll do them sometime in the future in My Cryptozoology topic ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:55 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:23 am

How about that, Thomas Hayden Church!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:27 pm

Indeed, he plays a mean Simon Says.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:43 am

Oh what a drag ;)

OK, now this is something else & important - I got 2 sides of this story but I'm gonna be brief.

1. I used to go to St. Alexis Hospital, I don't know if you know it or not but if you don't because of #2 you will. OK. It wasn't a up to date tech place, that would be Barnes-Jewish Hospital – BJC HealthCare. I'm not going thru My health experiences over the decades, I have gone thru so much. Anyway that hospital is quite famous, in fact most athletes & celebs go there when they're sick and need help...just ask former MLB Yankee World Champion Joe Torre for example. So before everything changed in 2020 I used to go St. Alexis just for My lab work every other month because their right down the street from Me on Broadway, their much closer than Barnes. I'm not talking about the absolute injustice they caused for My Grandma however.

GOOD STORY: Now I had a favorite nurse there, she was Asian, really, really nice, she always went the extra mile for Me and in fact I'll never forget that one day she drew the wrong order on Me and ran outside with her little black tennis shoes right before I got in the car and she's calling My name with her fine accent and I was like dang babe, I'm glad you caught Me now before I left. So I thanked her a lot. Sometimes I feel I should of really hit on her and asked her out and all of that I mean she was wonderful. There was also a technician there that I liked that worked on My left leg after I broke it in 2013 (10 years ago this year, an anniversary that I don't like to say the least, you can check on the board for the history of that, it was a big deal then) and she was Caucasian brunette and kinda resembled Jenny whom I talked about before. We always just looked at each other when I went by her, darn shame I never pulled the trigger asking her out but hey I guess it was never meant to be but they were two women I'll never forget :)

OK, back to the main story. St. Alexis changed their name to South City Hospital. Well now their closing. Here's this video of it :o

IMPORTANT READ!!!

NOW'S HERE #2. Remember those special videos I posted in your Halloween Topics PB about The Exorcist :?: Well St. Alexis is THE HOSPITAL that is THE REAL one took place that THE MOVIE WAS INSPIRED BY :batshock: I'm not kidding, you can check it out for yourself. It was called the ST. MICHAEL EXORCISM :smgasp: I knew about it long before the web because My Grandma knew it cause you know, she loved history, had sources and loved to find out things ;) Well, when I went their for the first time in the 2000s She showed Me EXACTLY where it happen. They sealed off the room there. It's right next to the Lab I went to all the time. It's basically in between the Lab & the Chapel. They put a huge wall there and placed a beautiful statue of Mary, Mother of God there. Every time I walked by there I thought holy crap, that's where THE REAL EXORCIST HAPPEN :blww: Now when they were remodeling in the Emergency Room area when I'd get My orders to say hi, I'm here for My Standing Order. Well there was a security guard there and some kids. I tried to tell them about the spooky stuff that took place here & there and they're giving Me the :roll: and not believing Me and I'm like dang, even with the web you people are still skeptics and like that. That was one of the last times I went there before 2020.

OK, well there's that. Who knows I might continue this for Halloween :blbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:29 am

William Friedkin just passed away a couple days ago. RIP.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:15 am

Yes, that's a shame, he was a great director. My fav movie of his was 2003's The Hunted with Tommy Lee Jones & Benicio Del Toro, one day I'll spotlight that one ;)

Amazing how puppeteers are and how they can do the voices :o
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:19 pm

And we couldn't have a special Hulk Hogan Birthday Zen post without one of my absolute favorite movie moments of all time!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:01 am

All of that is so classic and to think that Hogan's 1990 Gremlins II scene was deleted in the VHS version, it was first seen on DVD :o
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:24 pm

I would've been so disappointed if I got the VHS and that wasn't on there.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions