Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:26 am

I know, so many things are being tarnished from the best times, hopefully more people is noticing this than just us :roll: That was a cool and really creative Drew Carey. That show along with only a handful of others from that time like Every Loves Raymond for example were really the last, best creative, old fashion funny comedy stuff.

Here's this, I don't know if you seen or heard about it yet :?:

Beetlejuice 2 - 1.jpg

Isn't that something :? Here they were supposed to make Beetlejuice 2 decades ago then of course with delays & questionable decisions that was arguably as worse as the Ghostbusters III fiasco back in the late 90s now the film is greenlit and this happens...what the heck :blbat: :blww: :blsm: :blmm: :blhal: :blbaf:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:58 pm

I'm assuming Jeffrey Jones won't be in it. I saw that report the other day. Yeah, I forgot how funny The Drew Carey Show was since it hadn't been on TV in ages. But it started re-airing a digital antenna, and I'll catch an episode every now and then, and they hold up pretty good.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:00 am

No , I suspect Jones will not be but who knows. Danny Elfman better do the music because IT WILL NOT BE THE SAME WITHOUT HIM :blbat: Oh yeah, TDCS will be good like that for a long time to come I'm sure :)

I never saw that SNL before, that was darn cool. A great cast there of just not SNL regulars but also of DC & Marvel characters together :batwink: :batshock: Great Penguin, Sinbad is Black Lightning & Chris Farley is Smart Hulk :!: Oh it was huge during that in year in 1993 when the Death of Superman happen, hard to believe that was 1993, 30 years ago this year :o My Grandma got Me that great comic over at Venture in South Town, I still recall it there at the newsstands...I've read it multiple times...there's never been a time like it since and it's one of the best comics ever IMO :smgrin:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:34 pm

I hadn't bought a comic book in probably 4 years when my dad came home with that when it first came out. I remember the idea of it being in a bag so you couldn't read it seemed kind of dumb to me, but that was the 90s and things would get even more dumb, lol. But it probably was a catalyst that got me thinking about comics again and what had happened in the years I hadn't been reading them, so I guess it served it's intended purpose.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:48 am

Good about your Dad. Oh I haven't bough a comic in a long time. Last ones I got was the DC MOTU & ThunderCats crossover. Oh, Venture had their's on the newsstand like Magazines with no bag. I saw it and just loved it :) Comics really don't interest Me now especially how they changed Superman's son and put the TG in Batgirl :roll:

Good Golden Girls :!:

Here's THIS :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:05 pm

I haven't seen those ALF commercials but it's nice to see him comeback.

One of my favorite scenes, lol...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:35 am

I just saw them last night. I thought you might really like them PB ;)

That was a really good Community and how about that, Drew Carey was there :o
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:25 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:47 am

Amazing how much Paul Reubens did PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:23 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions