Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:03 am

I see. I find it amazing how his wife is the one yet hardly anybody ever acknowledges her :roll: It's kinda like when Levinson (Jeff Goldblum) gets the idea of the virus to infect the Mothership when his father says about catching cold in ID4 :o

I liked Mr. Fuji, he was a great manager and kinda funny. Here he is with one of My all-time favorites Yokozuna. You know how much I loved him when I presented My autograph from him when I was sick. I was behind him so much back in the day...he got bigger & bigger in size. You'll see more of him in the future from Me :) This promo is just after he won the 93 Royal Rumble which was a great one :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:45 am

Mr. Fuji was a great heel manager, probably the 2nd best in the WWF back then to Heenan.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:13 pm

Bonus

RIP Adrian Street

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:35 am

Oh yes he was. He and Jim Cornette led Yokozuna to be an absolute monster. Yokozuna is the one that stopped Hulkamania 30 years ago this year in 1993. WWF would hardly acknowledge him after the first King of the Ring. Hulkamania was gone. For the people that never followed WCW & wrestling books or simply ignored them that wasn't WWF then Hulk Hogan was nothing but a five time world champ of the past. For those that did like Me, Hulkamania was like reborn/restarted in a way in 94. WWF only made fun of him during the hilarious Billionaire Ted skits with "The Huckster & The Nacho Man which I still find those so funny and this happen in 1996 which truly green-lit the Monday Night War :!: They didn't talk about him majorly till he invaded WWF/WWE with the nWo in 2002 and it was a"reintroduction" to Hogan in the WWF/WWE though they never talked about his feud with Yokozuna, the one monster that he couldn't defeat nor slam :o The thing is I was behind Yoko way more than Hogan. I love being for the bad guys & monsters. I recall saying to My Grandpa PoPo when I first saw him that he's going to be world champ and he's like no he's not and I said yes he is...well look what happen...Yoko won the 93 Royal Rumble, beat Bret Hart at Wrestlemania 8 then of course Hogan screwed the time and beat Yoko then Yoko got his revenge and ended Hulkamania and became one of the best world champs ever! More about Yokozuna later, there's so much about him and I loved following him from his debut till his last match especially with his times with Owen Hart :)

Oh boy, it's Wayne "Presley" Farris long before his Honky Tonk Man days. He looked pretty good and it was something how he feuded with his cousin Jerry "The King" Lawler. To bad it never happen in the WWF when it could have but they did have a couple moments together while The Honky Tonk Man was still there in 97 ;)

Oh man, "Exotic" Adrian Street. He was the same age as My Grandma MiMi :roll: He was one of the first pioneers of being androgynous in wresting and really he put U.K. wrestling on the map for North America. He & his manager Miss Linda/Blackfoot Sioux/Angel Dust were really one of your first couples like that in wrestling. May he rest in peace :roll:

OK...It's SUMMERSLAM week :!: I can't wait for it this weekend, I have always loved SummerSlam. All week I'm gonna post at least 2 promos from each year of the classic times :)

First to get in the mood of when SummerSlam was so fun here's the cool theme, gosh this is so great and I could listen to this all day & night and not get tired of it, I love it as much now as I did then :)

So here is SummerSlam 88, the first one ever which has it's 35th anniversary as I speak :o

So this was actually before Wrestlemania IV as I couldn't find a proper one but it's good enough. It's The Mega Bucks!

VS.

The Mega Powers! Look at Sean Mooney in the Control Center and check out how it ends with the SummerSlam Theme and Howard Finkel talk at the climax :)

More SummerSlam tomorrow ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:16 am

It's always funny seeing what pre-Honkytonk Man looked like, lol. Like, it kind of looks like him but not really. But damn if he didn't make that gimmick work.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:10 am

Oh Dutch Mantell and Rip Rogers. Both had their times in WCW & WWF and recently Dutch as Zeb Coulter in WWE. Both were good talents. Dutch was great as Uncle Zebekiah when he was managing The Blu Twins & Bradshaw. in 95 & 96. Dang I miss these days. His Zeb Coulter in WWE was a continuation/reboot of his Uncle Zebekiah.

OK so here's SummerSlam 89, this was so fun.

Here's the tremendous promo of the Twin Towers & The Eiffel Tower...this was so awesome when I first saw this and the sheer size of this team...Andre the Giant and the Twin Towers...Bossman is 6ft 6", 400 pounds, Akeem is 6ft 9", 460 pounds and Andre is 7ft 4", 525 pounds oh and Slick wasn't small either, he was 6ft 5"...they were nearly a ton :!: This is one of the big reasons why I got into wrestling, gosh I love that stuff :)

Macho Man, Sherri & Zeus :wwshock: This is a great one as all three shine :!: Macho is funny here, Sherri looks great and Zeus is just so awesome and I love how they made No Holds Barred in real life ;)

VS.

Hogan & Beefcake! Amazing how Beefcake said about his blades being titanium and being part of him, they kinda would be in away because when he had his accident the next year he would have steel, nuts & bolts implanted in his face and and he says Listen up like Sgt. Slaughter and says their gotta be a part of the Macho Madness like Buzzsaw said in The Running Man movie two years prior in 1987 :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: Oh and I never thought Sherri was scary, I thought she was great looking and perfect representation of 80s women ;)

BONUS! Here's Tony Schiavone in the WWF :shock: He was there about a year and went back to the NWA/WCW. Notice he's with Jesse "The Body" Ventura who I loved on the mic...they would reunite in WCW in 1992 and be a commentator team there :!: Isn't it amazing to see Tony Schiavone in the WWF and him saying "WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION :?: I find it absolutely remarkable :)

SummerSlam 90 is tomorrow :batwink:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:21 am

That was a lot of man in one ring, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:18 am

Yes that was :o Here's a big bonus...Demolition Smash SLAMS BOTH TWIN TOWERS plus look at Hacksaw Jim Duggan's FACE PAINT, I loved this :)

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel was a great talent. I liked SMW and I know all about their partnership with WWF. These were so fun times. Landel had a cool brief run in the WWF in 95 and even used Ric Flair's WWF theme. He wrestled in many federations. It's true what he said about his championships, he is one of wrestling most decorated champions :) I was sad when he got in a car crash in 2015 and went against his doctors orders and went home. He told told his wife Donna that he was feeling awful and then the next thing she knew she found him passed away in their home :( There's never been a follow up to this :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

OK, here's promos from & about SummerSlam 90..some of the stuff I was thinking about isn't on YT which is a shame like The SummerSlam 90 Brother Love Show when Sgt. Slaughter returned and shocked the audience turning heel when he joined Iraq but what was available is just as good. I loved 1990 in wrestling, arguably the best wrestling year ever, same thing with movies!

BONUS commercial!

Here's Kerry Von Erich after he beat Mr. Perfect at SummerSlam 90. My Grandpa loved him :) I told the story before. When I got the August 1990 WWF Magazine with the Hart Foundation on it at Out 7-11, I took to My Grandpa's bike shop and showed him it. I also told him about Beefcake's horrible accident. He was bummed about that but I told him that he is being replaced by "The Texas Tornado" Kerry Von Erich. He's like wow, really? This is when I really found out how much My Grandpa like him and how much he watched in years before Me :)

Hart Foundation & Demolition on the Brother Love Show!

Ultimate Warrior on the Brother Love Show!

"Ravishing" Rick Rude's workout for the Warrior!

BONUS! Rude & Warrior TOGETHER!

Hogan and the Bossman. Notice Bossman has lost weight, he's no longer 400 pounds now, about 350 now.

SummerSlam 91 is Tomorrow!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:17 pm

Don't forget to check out My previous post of that great SummerSlam 90 promos & material :)

Here's SummerSlam 91, this was great!

The Mountie vs. The Big Bossman!

The Triangle of Terror kidnaps Sean Mooney!

The Ultimate Warrior & Hulk Hogan!

BONUS 60 SECOND SUMMERSLAM 91 RECAP!

SummerSlam 92 is next!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:23 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc