Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:15 am

That was a great thing they way made the interview chaotic! Here's something, The Grand Wizard "Ernie Roth" is going by his alter ego Abdullah Farouk and the other guy is Eddie "The Brain" Creatchman, he was teh first "Brain" of wrestling...kinda like Ric Flair is the second "Nature Boy and if that isn't enough, the man that their squabbling about is the The original Sheik whom was a hardcore legend yet he's always overshadowed by The Iron Sheik despite The original Sheik was first :shock:

OK, here's "Stunning" Steve Austin when the Dangerously Alliance was fading away and he became a breakout star of the group and cut his hair!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:43 pm

Still looks weird, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:14 am

When Bad News Barrett first came about I thought it was a great comical heel act...now he's just comical and I'm like why in the heck did you change him like this...he was so good before :roll:

OK, you posted the Suicide Blonds earlier. This team was the first one...The Hollywood Blonds! "Stunning" Steve Austin & Flyin' Brian Pillman. Remember the Varsity Blondes in AEW :?: This is the team that they were were inspired by just not in name but also because Brian Pillman jr.'s daddy was a big part it and boy The Hollywood Blonds were such a great team, they rank pretty high on the all-time list! They debuted in 1993, 30 years ago this year :o

As a bonus here's their theme, it's always been one of My favorites, I just love the rhythm of that guitar, this is what i was talking about before that WWE & AEW is using songs that's been used time & time again that is unoriginal with no creativity whatsoever...now this was during the time in 1993 when things were creative :batwink:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:38 pm

Pillman Jr just went to the WWE.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:15 am

How about that, it will be quite interesting. I hope they use it good...he should be NXT first I would imagine.

Oh The Midnight Rockers, they were a hot thing when they in the AWA and down in Memphis which the Memphis/USWA times were really fun. Marty had talent, too bad about him later :roll: Amazing seeing Shawn there, he looks nothing like that now in NXT as the boss there :shock:

OK, so I don't know if you can tell where I'm going with this Steve Austin...well it's kinda like an evolution of him which I like doing. So Steve Austin was fired by Eric Bischoff and completely miss the opportunity to be on Monday Nitro (amazing, same thing happen to Vader too!) Now here's this, arguably My favorite part of his career when he was in ECW which I loved ECW. He was the "Extreme Superstar" Steve Austin in 1995!

The sound is quite low here but this is great. This is the precursor to today's SCSA and you can thank Paul Heyman for altering him here ;)

Now this is really cool. Nancy "Woman" Sullivan is the Sandman's manager. When Austin calls her husband a midget that is Kevin Sullivan he's talking about...I love the expression she get's on her face here. A year later she would return to WCW in 96 and be with Ric Flair!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:10 pm

There he's starting to sound like SCSA. It's amazing Vince would think he should never talk when he came in as the Ringmaster.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:01 am

I loved Rick Martel, he's one of My favorites. I really like his Model gimmick and he had such talent. It was a great time when he was AWA Champion :)

Oh yes, like I said, that was the precursor to today's SCSA. I'm surprised you know a bit of the Ringmaster. OK, he's next. I really liked the gimmick. He was one of the last cool newcomers of the great wrestling year that was 1995. We didn't have the web then and I didn't get My Figure-Four Newsletters that I showcased till February of 1996 so I didn't have any insider info to know that WWF was getting Austin. Now there was still people that wasn't familiar with him but they sure would be soon. When I first saw this Brother Love Show and The Million Dollar Man on Monday Night Raw when it first aired on USA I was like holy crap, that's Steve Austin and he's got green tights...how smart that is because now he's part of the Million Dollar Corporation :o

Now as you watch this you can tell that things were changing in the air a sit felt different. The thing that Dok Hendrix aka Michael P.S. Hayes is talking about was really something with Goldust & Razor Ramon, one of My favorite backstage brawls ever. Then you see Sunny...things was getting edgier here then WWF is doing the infamous Billionaire skit which I absolute thought was so hilarious...this was the start of The Monday Night War which is arguably the most crucial time in wrestler ever which was 1995 because that's the year it all began :!: This bonus match is with The Ringmaster Steve Austin against a very young MATT HARDY :shock:

As a special bonus, here's his theme. It's truly a magnificent one. This is official from the WWE 2K16 Game. They made a very cool showcase of him of of many of his looks and gimmicks even including his Extreme Superstar look from ECW :shock:

OK, tomorrow I have 1 more Austin and then I'm done with him :batwink:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:37 pm

Yeah, I saw some of his stuff when I went back and watch stuff prior to WM14, which was when I got back into wrestling. Or the day after, to be honest. But I saw some of the Ringmaster stuff since then. Not exactly an ideal gimmick, but sometimes, you just have to get your foot in the door before you can kick it off it's hinges, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:51 am

I see and that is so true about the door ;)

Oh Jim Cornette & Midnight Express, their always great :!:

First off by the way...I loved his Steveamania :!:

OK, here we go with the first of Stone Cold Steve Austin. First I'm gonna give you this trivia that you may not know now follow Me here. Diesel & Jim Ross (Ross was the head of creative at the time, Nash had some pull and Dok/Hayes did too, Dok/Hayes named HBK's Sweet Chin Music & HHH's Pedigree!) are the ones responsible for bringing in Austin and convinced Vinnie Mac that he is a worthy talent. So he was given the Ringmaster which I thought was good I mean heck, Ted Dibiase is his manger for cryin' out load but it really wasn't a big draw and Austin wasn't into it so he talked to Mac & Ross about the change. Austin saw Pulp Fiction and really liked Bruce Willis' new hair cut which basically was a shaved head. He loved the demeanor of a cold killer. He studied real life serial killer Richard Kuklinski. Now the creative team was liking this new gimmick of a serial killer however what would his name be though :? Well, they gave him options of many names and still to this very moment are absolutely ridicules: Otto von Ruthless, Ice Dagger, Chilly McFreeze & Fang McFrost :o I'm not kidding, that's the names he was almost called. So one night he was talking to his classy hot wife whom I showed earlier in his WCW promo Jeanie "Lady Blossom" Clarke (she was married to Chris Adams but they swapped wives!) She's English and with her accent she's telling him to drink a cup of tea that she made for Austin before it became "STONE COLD" and she also said to him that your like a "RATTLE SNAKE" :o Yes, Lady Blossom is THE ONE that gave SCSA the IDEAS & NAME that we all know today so you can thank her for that :wwwink: :batshock: :smgasp:

So here is Stone Cold Steve Austin's FIRST match. He faces Savio Vega. Like I said before, Vega a huge babyface, he was one of the most popular ones back then but he never won any titles and never went anywhere :roll:

He would have a big feud with Vega even after Wrestlemania 12. Sadly the whole Million Dollar Championship would be dropped because Ted Dibiase was on his way out to WCW and join the nWo plus I.R.S. was already there several months prior when he debuted on the VERY FIRST MONDAY NITRO :!:

Here's SCSA & Mr. Perfect :!:

Birth of Austin 3:16. This birth was in bad taste because it was to pick on Jake Roberts who was a born again Christian and was a severe alcoholic so remember that how Vinnie Mac loved to that :roll:

BONUS first Entrance with his Theme!

SUPER BONUS! SCSA & Dok Hendrix!

So there you have it and that will finish Austin, I hope you liked that and did you know that stuff about how SCSA came to be :?:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:20 pm

Yeah, I remember hearing about the suggested names and where Stone Cold came from in an A&E Biography or something. Those names were so Vince and awful,lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc