Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:31 am

OK sounds great :)

That was a pretty good All in the family one PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:00 pm

I never really watched All in the Family but that's considered an iconic tv moment.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:33 am

Me neither but that was good :) Those were good Alice. I noticed Charles Levin who played the cop Elliot Novak. I'm like that's the guy in No Holds Barred. IMO he had a suspicious death in 2019 :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:42 am

Hmm, I didn't know of his passing, or what had happened. It is strange but seems plausible. Sad, though. He was originally meant to be the fourth housemate on Golden Girls when he appeared in the pilot as their gay roommate, Coco. Sophia was actually meant to be a recurring not a main character, but after she stole her scenes in the first episode, and the pilot ran 5 minutes too long, a lot of Coco's scenes got cut, and he was never seen in another episode.

RIP CHarles Levin.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:15 am

Charles Levin was pretty good and is an example of a good talent that was quite underrated. I didn't know that Golden Girls trivia there, always the time restraints of what could have been :roll:

I never watched Grounded for Life. Donal Logue is a very good actor, I like his sister Karina. Dang, if I had girlfriend and she was doing that to Me I would all over her, wouldn't have to ask Me twice :batwink:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:05 am

Grounded for Life just started re-airing on Laff TV. I haven't seen it years, and now that I have kids the relative same age (Lily is 14 in that clip, my daughter is 14) I think it'll hit home a little more, lol.

Kevin Corrigan, who played Donal Logue's younger brother, would later appear in an episode of Community...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:57 am

How about that your daughter ;) Oh I know Kevin Corrigan too he's very good as well. That was some Community, totally fun crazy to say the least :o ;)

Since we're on a shark kick now, here's this. During Shark Week in 2017, they had a 1 night event at My Wehrenberg Theater that was really Marcus now (I recall how they were rebuilding it and the diner was closed, I ate at Subway across the parking lot which was fun) and they had a Discovery Channel Shark Week Episode that was like an hour or so and it wasn't on the five dollar Tuesday price as it was full price but I wanted to see something like that on the big screen. I got a free Shark Week fin cushion hat that I may showcase later on down the road. Anyway it's such a short trailer but it's great :)

As a side note this same episode was soon on TV and I DVRed it and watched with My Grandma cause long ago she introduced Me to Shark Week in 92 and she thought this was really cool cause like I said before, she loved Sharks :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:08 pm

I never really got into Shark Week.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:38 am

I see, well sometimes they have some super rare species of Shark there, some that hasn't been seen for hundreds of years. I loved the Frilled Shark, it's the oldest living specie of shark living today! The obsession of space and discovering new life on other planets is great but the thing is nearly 100% of our oceans has yet to be explored. I love the mystery of this however I also love that they are finding new species all the time and makes Cryptozoology even funner :)

That Drew was pretty good...holy crap...there's not one but two WWE Hall of Famers there :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Speaking of space, this week is celebrating the Moon Landing, in a similar manor when I saw that special Shark Week episode, tww years later in 2019 I saw the superb documentary of Apollo 11, its one of the most Fantastic documentaries I ever saw. Here's the trailers of it ;)

This is totally amazing here of how they made this :batsmile:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:11 am

Carol Channing is in the HoF? Well, she should be!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions