Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:13 am

Yes, it was glorious.

Amazing, so much seen in plain sight :o

So here is this show I really liked on TruTV, it's called Hardcore Pawn. I watched every episode till they cancelled it, I found it so good, funny and exciting. If anybody here isn't familiar with it, it's like Pawn Stars but I found it way more exciting because of all the guest stars the insane plebeians that enters that shop every day. It's owned by Les Gold and his son & daughter are managers there and his pawn shop is one of the biggest in the Nation and THE biggest in Detroit Michigan. There's a lot of clips out there but I'm only going to show 3 of them now.

Here is Les whom some angry customers call him Hulk Hogan mocking him. Take a gander at the size of these guys!

So here is this one :!:

PREPARE TO BE SHOCKED :? When I first saw this episode when it first aired in the early 2010s I was completely shocked because not only did wrestling legend "The Total Package" Lex Luger appear but I couldn't believe how he looked :o I had no idea he was that bad off then and really is still like this :roll: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

More to come :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:54 pm

I used to love Hardcore Pawn. We used to make the Ashley face, lol. It's still on Quest, one of the digital antenna channels and I will watch an episode every now and then.

Banditland was rocking last night!

My son is actually in this video, well, me and him, well his back and my legs :47 mark wearing #11 jersey! It's from 2-3 years ago, but they put it in this years video.

My kids after the game with #1 Tehoka Nanticoke, who was actually a ball boy for the Bandits about a decade ago before being the 3rd overall pick in the NLL Draft a couple years ago. He came into the stands after to celebrate with everyone.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:16 am

I see well that is good.

That was cool stuff there PB. I hope you and your kids really cherished that moment and still talk about it on a regular basis. There's a lot of people that would do a lot to do the things you have done.

Since you love Lacrosse so much then I'm sure you watched MTV's Teen Wolf and saw like the whole series right :?: I mean nearly the whole series it focused on Lacrosse. I found the show good but sometimes it dragged on too long with things and with all the commercials it was really only about 30 minutes than an hour :roll:

I complained a lot about this in My Classic Music Video Topic. This was an example of what I was talking about how they turned MTV into a joke with reality stuff like Catfish & Teen Mom and stuff that has nothing to do with music tv just like they made AMC focus on rather recent movies then stuff from the 40s - 70s :roll: Oh sure they would have at the bottom of the screen of the song that is playing like a news channel during a love scene or a lacrosse game or whatever but that is nothing but an excuse of just trying to keep the MTV name :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:01 pm

It was a great night. I've had season tickets since 1994 except for last season when there was a vax mandate from our idiot governor and county executive I had to give up my tickets until they lifted it towards the end of the season.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:06 am

Well darn, you were going for 30 years straight then :roll:

I never watched Alice, that was pretty good. Telly Savalas was a great one :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:31 am

Alice was a decent show. I watched it from time to time on the digital antenna. It's one of those shows you can watch any episode from any season and get a laugh or two and not really need to know any backstory.

I forgot to comment on Teen Wolf. I didn't know it swapped out basketball from the 80s movie to lacrosse. That's interesting. I never watched it, though. MTV/VH1 aren't channels I checked much anymore as there isn't really anything on them that looks appealing, and Teen Wolf just looked too teenage-y/Twilight for me to check out. There's only so much time in a day for TV, lol, and it just never got my attention.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:10 am

Well I'm glad you retracted there :) OK, well see what you miss when you skip something but yeah, since they turned MTV into this reality crap like Catfish the channel was literally just a turnoff which adds yet another thing to this pathetic age and that was actually years ago :roll: Lacrosse was like it every episode and really it wasted so much time because I wanted to see werewolves and monsters and an occasional love scene, if I wanted to see a Lacrosse game I would see an actual one and yes it was kinda like twilight, very PGish, CGI scenes that they trended like everybody wanted to see this type of toned down stuff then it went g@y when the twins arrive so if you ever watch it with your kids be warned about that :roll: I do give the show kudos of having a version of The Beast of Gévaudan which if you know Cryptozoology then you know the big story of it. I first saw the preview of it on another channel back then in 2011 during the year when so much was being downgraded and I though it was ok but I was like why is that on MTV and not CW or some other station where it would fit more cause I hadn't watched MTV in so long because I wasn't liking where it was heading many years prior and then tuning into the first episode of Teen Wolf made Me know why that was not to mention yet another reboot :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

That was great, them playing baseball on the NES. It reminds Me and My friend Donny back in them days. Those times were so good and really there wasn't much better than playing with somebody on the original NES during those time ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:01 pm

Addendum:

I'm going to do a two fer today because I just found out local TV legend Tom Jolls passed away. We talked a little about local/regional kids shows and I remember he had the Commander Tom Show/Rocketship 7 Show on the weekends when I was a kid. He also did the weather for a longtime on channel 7.

RIP Commander Tom

Sorry, you have to go to youtube to watch this news report on his passing, but it's worth it!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:40 am

I never saw that Robot Chick before, that was something else. RIP The Iron Sheik :(

May Tom Jolls RIP as well. I hope people in your area are teaching youngsters about him, you don't want a local legend like him falling into oblivion :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:28 pm

Indeed. I've mentioned him in the past. I don't think kids will ever understand what it was like before the internet and 500+ satellite channels, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions