Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed May 10, 2023 2:56 pm

Yeah, we watched the V reboot, I honestly wish they would've continued the original story, though. The original writer for V haa pitched a new series around that time called V: The Second Generation, that was going to continue on from the 80s series only twenty years into the future. But ABC decided to do a straight reboot instead. It was decent enough that we were sad when it got cancelled, but I would've loved to see a version that conitued on from the previous story with some of the same characters involved. Oh well, maybe someday they'll try it. The show Falling Skies aired on TNT around that time and I thought that was a much more interesting show. Worth a watch if you never caught it.

But back to the Zen...

Fun trivia, the little girl in the grey and black sleeved shirt, is a 4-year-old Alicia Keys.

Bonus: Here's the description of the proposed sequel which was made into a book:

In 2004, Kenneth Johnson announced plans to produce a sequel to the first V miniseries from 1983, which would disregard both The Final Battle mini-series (1984) and the subsequent weekly series (which had been made without Johnson's involvement).

Set 20 years after the original miniseries, The Second Generation depicts an Earth still under Visitor domination with the Resistance fighting a losing battle. They desperately try to persuade the masses that the Visitors are evil aliens bent on mankind's destruction. However, they are largely ignored as the many technological and social advancements brought by the Visitors to the planet have convinced the majority that the aliens have their best interests in mind. They are halfway to taking all of the planet's water under the guise of cleansing it of all polluting substances. Many people were also convinced to join the Visitors' civilian militia, the Teammates (an evolution of the miniseries' Visitor Youth), to hunt resistance members.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu May 11, 2023 5:20 am

That's some good trivia. Yes, I watched Falling Skies to they ended it, it was pretty good with many twists & turns on TNT. Cosby was ok, I only tuned to it once in a while.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu May 11, 2023 7:37 am

Ah, see, me being a couple years older, Cosby was the biggest thing from about 1984 to 1989. Just look at that NBC Thursday night lineup in 1986! (Look! Remington Steele Tuesdays at 10!)

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri May 12, 2023 6:50 am

I loved Amazing Stories I mean that was can't miss. I have a special coming this Halloween about a very special favorite of Mine :o What was the Movies at 9:00 PM on those days :? yes, Cosby was big, i just only watched it once in a blue moon. I recall how it was looking at the TV Guide and Cable Guide in the Newspapers back then and seeing that's when films weren't listed but it was amazing that somebody kept that clip, they were thinking of history :batsmile: Yes, I see Remington Steele :!: That time was great and see if any day at all recently can beat that :!:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri May 12, 2023 7:44 am

Funny you mention Amazing Stories, I had actually wanted to post a full version of The Family Dog from Amazing Stories but couldn't find a complete or near compete versions.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri May 12, 2023 12:08 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat May 13, 2023 5:44 am

Yes and that was part of the special I was going to do. I have the original VHS of it plus another great episode that is really spooky with two great composers...it was a big deal for Me back then when I was a youngster and I'll save all of the stuff about it for Halloween time in My Odds & Ends plus for this topic and/or one of you Halloween topics and that time will be here soon enough :blbat: :blww: :blsm:

That was a good Golden Girls as well ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat May 13, 2023 10:06 am

Man, I loved that Family Dog episode. I taped it and watched it repeatedly back then.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun May 14, 2023 6:24 am

I'm sure you did Packer, I liked it too but that other episode I liked even better...I'm not spilling the beans yet, just you wait ;)

Nipple slip :? By reading the title I thought there was going to be actual nudity or something but I see what it is now :lol:

Oh Richard Dawson, he was something. It was amazing how people goofed these things up.

Here he is in the Arnold movie The Running Man which is one of My favs. The story was actually by Stephen King. Dawson is actually the main villain of the 1987 classic movie and I'll spotlight this sometime down the road ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 14, 2023 7:40 am

I'll be back!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions