Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri May 05, 2023 9:38 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat May 06, 2023 5:15 am

i never saw those PB, really cool :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat May 06, 2023 9:44 am

It's actually a pretty fun episode as they tie it in the to the actual A New Hope story like when Buford finds a perfectly good brown cloak laying on the ground that has only one tear in it, lol.

Well, it's Saturday so...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun May 07, 2023 6:51 am

I see and that is really cool :)

Oh that is something, Swayze & Farley in a Chippendales, that was hilarious and classic PB :lol:

OK, you saw and My showcases in Vintage Action Figure Topic during My great 3-Part Woolworth special and how I poured so much into it. By now you should know Cherokee Street and how it was in the 80s as I told many of My experiences there with/about Judy, The Baazar, Globes, Walgreens and so much more. I also said how they rave like it's such a great place of culture now and all that stuff. Yeah like I said before it's a foreigner haven with no history at all and the history that I knew & experienced is being pathetically forgotten by this generation among others :x I bet there's very few if anybody in that insane crowd that knows what Cherokee really stood for and that it was meant to be a shopping region of truly fun stores like you never been to before...instead of knowing that wonderful history they have to do this and all that other crap that they do...yeah I'm in a mood right now :batsmh: :wwshock: :smsmh: Here's the video on FOX 2, I always loved them and I actually met a couple news people there as well but I'll talk about that a later date. They were the home where The X-Files was and the current home for a very long time WWE SmackDown & MLB's World Series :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 07, 2023 10:41 am

It's sad, but it's like that in most major cities in the US, even here in Buffalo. And if you look at the party affiliations of the mayors, I bet you 95% will all be the same. And yet, people keep voting for the same people even though nothing ever changes.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 08, 2023 7:15 am

Oh indeed it is so true PB ;)

Ah V. I was wondering why you changed your Avatar :batshock: :wwshock: :smgrin: this year marks V's 40th Anniversary from 1983 :o I saw it a long time ago but really didn't grasp it then but just last year Me & My Mom made a big event of it and watched the entire series and then the reboot series and it was all around this time of season as well. It was all great shows and can really make you think if you know what I mean. I always thought that Marc Singer was a cross between Mark Hamil, Keven Bacon & Lex Luger. Those clips you provided were great especially the second clip :smgasp: Early on in the original series there's some figures of V that the kids are playing with. I was like dang, what a shame Kenner didn't get the license to make them to go with Star Wars...imagine how fun that crossover would have become :shock:

I really digged Jane Badler :batwink: This is a pic I made a few years ago when I made a special V music video ;)

V 1.jpg

Here's the show intro and yes that's Freddy Krueger before A Nightmare on Elm Street :o

The whole series had one heck of a soundtrack/score, it's really one of the best for a TV show. Much of it is by Joe Harnell.

Now if you thought that was good here is this one, it's such a tremendous piece, I have always loved this one :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 08, 2023 7:45 am

I loved V as a kid. I was only 5 when it first aired but I think I've told the two stories before, about how I remember seeing V and then seeing a news report about illegal aliens and it freaked me out, lol. Also, that I couldn't play with my MOTU Whiplash for a while after this aired. The tv series and the Final Batte were also great. I watched them all again in the late 90s when I found them on DVD. The newer series was pretty good to with Lorena Baccarin. And yes, as a kid I always wanted action figure from this. I remember distinctly thinking stuff like Star Wars Imperial Troopers and the Baroness would be good bases for customs (see even then I was thinking like that, lol). Especially the Visitors with the gold helmets, they were really cool looking. If someone ever made figures I would have to get some. My next goal is to get a shirt with my current avatar on it. I've seen a couple online, I just wish Amazon had them.

I think Faye Grant was one of my earliest crushes as a kid

I was going to post something else, but why stop with such a good thing.

I still remember this moment to this day because it was gross but funny, the Visitor was doing pot earlier,

If you didn't know, V was originally based on the novel It Can't Happen Here, about a senator (supposedly based on Huey Long--see the John Goodman film Kingfish) who becomes president and establishes a Hitler like government. But NBC thought it too cerebral for the average viewer, and with the popularity of Star Wars and other sci-fi stuff, it was rewritten to have aliens instead. Which, I think for once, they made the right call because I doubt V would have the same longevity and cult following.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 09, 2023 6:42 am

Actually I really don't recall you talking much about V nor that trivia...but cool :) That's very good you thought about customs at an early age PB :) See what I'm talking about, that's another WONDERFUL EXAMPLE of what I mean about companies that is making the same stuff over and over again...wouldn't it have been great if they would have been more creative and made those :roll: There was a petition for Super7 to make ReAction figures, I would have been pleased with that and then you could have have your Star Wars crossover :shock: Now see I was the opposite, i loved those monster stuff when I was a youngster but I wasn't the bravest even though I make Myself sound that way, you'll see about in time.

Well after you make your Delilah and Cade, you might think about making V :?

Oh and I hope you get your shirt too :)

Great clips, if you want keep the clips coming, you can't get much better than V ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue May 09, 2023 9:44 am

Yes, V was terrific. I'm sure we'll get back to it at some point.

These overlap slightly.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 10, 2023 7:19 am

That ELR was pretty good and quite hectic there :shock: the overlapping was fine ;)

OK, well you can but I want to do this now while it's fresh in My cranium. The reboot of V was decent but there was two things it really lacked...1 an intro and 2 a big soundtrack promotion.

The intro is like the most best part of any show because it tells you the cast plus you hear theme music. V 2009 didn't have one. This is custom made intro. It's really good and the song that this YBer really nailed it!

Now I just posted the great soundtrack/score of the original V which I hope you PB and others gave it a shot because it's so dandy. Now the reboot's music was composed by Marco Beltrami, he was a student of the late great legendary Jerry Goldsmith. He's a tremendous horror composer and one of My favs. Anyway they never released the score to the show unlike the original so here's a brief part of his great music :batsmile:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions