Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:06 am

I believe that was an actual instructional video that woman made from the early 90s. I think it's meant to be a serious instructional video. At least that's the interpretation I've seen.

Spoiler:
Didn't want the title of this vid to ruin the fun of the first one
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:27 am

Oh, I immediately thought that she was real and that was an instructional video, she was quite legit :) I was talking about the YouTuber :roll:

That was some game-show :shock: I never saw that before but heck that was way before My time :o You say location, do you mean on/in the body physically or location as in a place to go to by walking or by vehicle...darn you gotta get more specific here cause not everybody thinks outside the box :roll: :lol: :batsmh: :wwlol: :smgrin:

So I just replied to Honey, I Shrunk the Kids in your movie trailers, if you have seen that post yet I suggest you stop reading now and get to that first :!: I said about how they would play Roger Rabbit shorts at the show right before the start of Disney movies which this was trending from 1989 - 1993. I only experienced one and that was in 1990 which was Roller Coaster Rabbit. It was played right before Dick Tracy which I will get to in time. So this was quite cool that they were doing this. Similar trends would happen with Disney in the 2010s but all seemed random because it was unannounced and half of it I didn't know, it wasn't anything as fun as Roger Rabbit IMO. So as a big fan of movie music when I was a youngster this was so exciting because I knew Roger Rabbit, My Grandma got Me the VHS right when it came out as seen in My Odds & Ends' Glory Days of Video Rentals. I just loved it and I knew who Alan Silvestri was cause he did the music for 1985's Back to the Future & 1987's Predator. So since this Roger Rabbit was in conjunction with HISTK and the late great James Horner composed the music for that movie, these two great (& young at the time) composers from the 80s doubled teamed this if you will because they played the nice Maroon Cartoon Logo Theme that Silvestri composed from the WFRR movie a year prior so it would be authentic and that opened the door for James Horner to actually compose the score for the short and keep in mind, Horner was arguably the best composer at the time, he did so much and he was already a veteran at composing for animated films such as 1986's An American Tale & 91's Feivel goes West which we just talked about not that long ago and he also did 1988's The Land Before Time, Horner was so versatile. So by knowing this when I was a youngster it was quite exciting. So is the first Roger Rabbit short called Tummy Trouble... it's hilarious :lol: :batshock: :wwlol: :smlol:

More later :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:44 am

Yep, I do recall seeing that at some point. Not sure how many I saw back in the day.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:43 am

Cool. Well there was only 3 of'em, I'll continue this later ;)

Oh I hate it when a couple argues like this. I have seen it so many darn times in TV shows and movies when a guy has a great gal and his job is much more important than her. No matter how good she is and what she does with/for him it's still not good enough... I'm these guys never think what the heck they got :roll: As Jerry "The King" Lawler says...‘Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned’.Shame about her orchestra, all the people that makes such great music...darn shame :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:28 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:43 am

That was a cool Teen Titans, that was funny Cyborg getting the goo on his hand and wiping it on Beast Boy's head, well why not :lol: This had a cool twist of Alien and of course something else making a rabbit /Easter Bunny something to be terrified of :blbat: :blww: :blsm: :blmm: :blhal: :blbaf: :blaq: This wasn't the only time DC did this. There was some great crossover comics with DC & Dark Horse where Batman & Superman fought Alien & Predator and there was also a fan made film where Batman fought Predator and encountered Xenomorphs in a fan made film which is arguably the greatest fan made movie ever made IMO which I'll talk about this stuff later on.

It's Easter now can you believe it :o Get ready for some fun :)

Here is this. My Mom recorded this for Me on VHS when I was a youngster, IDK if you seen this or not :)

Forget Bad Bunny in today's WWE, here's THE BUNNY from WWE in 2014 :batshock: :wwlol: :smgasp:

INTER-SPECIES MATCH :batshock: :wwlol:

Fast forwards to AEW, here's another Bunny, a much darker, crazier yet better looking Bunny :batconfused: :wwwink: :smgasp:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:49 am

Hoppy Easter!

The Bunny is criminally underrated. It's been years since I saw that Daffy cartoon. Decades.

These second two sort of overlap a bit, to summarize, Marie asked Debra if she had her mother's canister, but Debra said she gave it back to Marie. But then, they find it in the house. Ray tries to donate it to get rid of the evidence, but the kids find it in the car and bring it back inside the house. So then they try to return it to Ray's parents' house without getting caught so they wouldn't have to hear Marie go on about it. The first clip doesn't mention Easter, but the second one clearly lets you know it's an Easter episode.

So Ray tries to smuggle it back in under his heavy jacket.

The sound is poor here and you can skip for the 40 seconds or so...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:41 am

Oh I hate that when somebody loves something and somebody else says who cares even if it is in a moment of turmoil :roll: I got it that it was Easter and that was a pretty good ELR :)

Back to Baseball, if your talking about Baseball you gotta mention 1988's Naked Gun baseball & umpire scenes, still some of the funnest & best IMO :lol: As silly as it is, the setting and all that is quite authentic for the period of time :)

Continuing the scene, how apropos that the song here is by Randy Newman who composed 1984's The Natural that I posted a few short days ago :o

I could go on with more scenes but save that for later. To coincide with the song above, Here is the actual music video I Love L.A....Randy Newman was only 40 here and he did this in 1983 which was 40 years ago this year :o He's 79 now :) Gosh I miss these times and this was pretty cool :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:55 am

Classic scenes in Naked Gun. I love the bloopers reel, too, especially the tiger and when the fielder loses his head. The look on the announcers' faces are priceless, lol. That is a movie I will never get tired of watching.

This is from Andor, it's one of my favorite monologues in anything. Luthen Rael is one of the behind the scenes guys starting the Rebellion. He's kind of like the leader of Star Wars' version of the Culper Ring, if you're at all familiar with the Revolutionary War or even the show, Turn: Washington's Spies, which was a terrific show on AMC a few years ago. Anyway, this is a terrific scene.

Also, happy Dyngus Day!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:57 am

Yep, all of that is great. I especially love the beginning before he says the first strike when he didn't know what to do :lol:

I've seen Rogue One many times but I haven't got to Andor yet. It looks interesting. Even though Stellan Skaarsgard is yet another marvel cast member that gets these multiple roles in all of these Disney projects (it's almost as bad as Law & Order because so many actors & actresses play many different characters throughout the years and I'm like how many people notices this? Me & My Grandma used to watch the shows all the time and We'd notice so & so and We'd say add them to the list) but I'm glad he got a high role like that as I have always liked him.

Well happy Dyngus day :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions