Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:16 am

I honestly didn't intend to include these as I just wanted that opening moment to stand on it's own, but I came across this vid of Hogan talking about the match, and he mentioned that the Rock had spoken on that match, and they're both terrific listens if you have the time.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:48 am

I saw all the clips you posted. It's amazing seeing Hogan with a white beard, truly a Santa with muscles now :shock: That match was really the last epic one of classic times. Really nothing since comes close to it, I don't care how much they built up Cena, Lesnar or even Roman. Times were changing at a steady pace so it came in the nick of time really. Hard to believe that WCW & ECW was already gone a year by then :roll: At least there was still fans from the 80s & 90s that knew exactly what was going on thanks to the Monday Night Wars. After this it was just being ok I mean the stuff with Cena, Orton, Lesnar, Batista was coming about and it's like where is wrestling going from here :? This match is really one of the very few matches where a heel & a babyface switched roles due to the fans & the momentum of the match. It was really sad to think that really this was all that was left of WCW's manin guys. Yeah, passing the torch :roll: The Rock took and basically ran with it and not like an Olympic hero either. He betrayed wrestling for hollywood. I said it before, how many movies Hogan was in and he never took a big leave from wrestling. Sure there was times were you didn't see him for a few weeks but he did that often because of other taping, intentional tours etc. It was always cool that you could see him in both nearly on a regular basis plus he made a gimmick of being "Holliwood". Compare that to how many times The Rock showed up in between then and now and how much he's contributed to wrestling since :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: That match just had it's 20th anniversary last year by the way :)

Here is The Ultimate Warrior's 2 returns, both at Wrestlemanias...WM 8 (92) & WM12 (96), so brief but fun :batsmile:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:33 pm

Yeah, it's pretty cool hearing both their takes on it. And much as people **** on Hogan, he's very complimentary here of the Rock. I still get chills watching that. It was such a great moment and I was hoping for the red and gold Hulkster to come back, and this began that transformation. I was never really too upset the Rock left. In all honesty, I was a little tired of his schtick by then. Mind you, I stopped watching WWE only a few years later as guys like you mentioned, Cena, Orton, Batista, became the main eventers and it just wasn't for me anymore.

I probably played this before, this is still my favorite WrestleMania montage ever, and I can't stand Limp Bizkit, lol. The timing and clips to the music is just about as perfect as you could hope to produce for a feud, Whover produced this crushed it.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:50 am

Yep, I couldn't say it any better :) Oh I never got upset over The Rock either, I was never a big fan of his and yes I got tired of him, Austin & Mr. McMahon. It's just that The Rock left the place that made who is and he really never looked back, that's the thing that always got Me :x

Yes, you posted that before and nobody else said anything about it but Me. It's a darn good video and yes it was crushed. It really should be one of your faves PB, in fact it really should a lot of people's too ;) Limp Bizkit's song was really fitting here. As much as I was tired of that feud, it still was a great fun one and still was the Attitude Era that really no wrestling era from anybody after it can compare to it IMO. It was really engaging to say the least :)

At that same Wrestlemania 17, it was great yet such a bittersweet one for Me because of numerous reasons. One major reason was WCW & ECW just ended only a week prior and it was like this is it, this all the wrestling we got now, it's just WWF, everything that we ever knew & watched of WCW & ECW was history, the bad & the good :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: So at that event they had a gimmick battle royal, the fun & silly gimmicks of the 80s & 90s was already a thing of the past. Besides all of the great talent that wrestling fans grew up with in there, the commentators was none other than "Mean" Gene Okerlund and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan. they were together for many, many years in the WWF then Gene went to WCW in the Fall of 93, 30 years ago this year then Bobby soon followed and was in WCW in January of 94 and then they had their time together once more. This little clip is good and I believe it was THE last time they were together on a gig and THE last time Bobby was ever commentary :roll: It's really sad how times changed and it just wasn't allowing great stuff from the past to flourish :roll: Listen to their little commentary :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:31 am

Ah, that was a fun WM match.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:59 am

Indeed it was PB :) That was a really cool B-99. I would have been the same way, heck with the job, heck with the flight, heck with what your doing, when you have a chance to go to a historic place from a movie or not...YOU TAKE IT :!: The women are so cool in that show. Really IMO it's one the last truly funny and downright nutty comedies.

So it's the Monday after Wrestlemania, I was thinking of this. This was back in 2013, 10 years ago this year...THIS MONTH :o This was one of the most exciting and most historic moments EVER, I mean ever on Monday Night Raw :!: Pathetic thing about it there would so few times like this after it :roll: So this moment is when Dolph Ziggler cashed in his Money in the Back on Alberto Del Rio the night after Wrestlemania 29. I liked how Big E was, I could take him seriously. He had such a hint of being NOD but it was nothing but another darn tease that the WWE couldn't pull the trigger on cause things were being so toned that the Attitude Era was never coming back :roll: AJ Lee was something else, she was really the most exciting woman on the roster at the time and very few women today in wrestling compare to how she was. Ziggler was My favorite then. I thought he was so cool and I loved his theme. Being trained by Billy Gunn I thought he was better than him and what he should have been and at times I thought he was HBK. 2.0. He should have always been in the main event picture or at least always near the top IMO. There's been a lot of big balls that the WWE dropped and IMO Ziggler was one of the biggest...now he's barely seen and when he is, he does so little being less on the mid card rather being at the bottom lost in the shuffle :roll: The commentators were Michael Cole, Jerry "The King" Lawler and John Bradshaw Layfield. I always thought that JBL should have been full time as an announcer. He & Don Callis have a similar voice and nature on the mic yet we don't hear from hear them enough on commentary oh and I miss Scott Armstrong, The Road Dogg's brother as the ref, it was always fun seeing him and listen to the crowd, they were so into this, one of the best crowds ever...WATCH THIS :batsmile:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:16 pm

I heard Raw after Mania was a pretty big letdown. I remember they used to be so exciting, but the last few I actually still watched were real snoozefests. And the last couple I didn't watch I heard weren't that exciting either. What happend to the surprises? Riddle? Yawn.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:21 am

I know and apparently most fans are still happy with this way cause they still go to the events :? See the PPV topic for a big update :)

South Park, what a climax at the end :lol: ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:57 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:15 am

Ah Hip-Hop. I don't think that was terrible at all. Either that person really hated that time, likes to really poke fun or is just a newer generation person that has no clue how it was then. I remember how it was back then in the late 80s & to the early 90s with the dancing, the styles and all that. I said it before, back then I dressed up like Vanilla Ice and styled My hair like that and even was gettin'wit that sort of newer attitude, sayings & words and all that stuff, I was quite cool dude back then ;) Things were really looking up to be super cool then it just started fading out almost as soon as it started because all of the hardcore rappin' & gangbangin' was starting to take over and the cool hip-hop time was like gone and it's really been that way ever since but now its really even worse cause we got all of these rappers coming out of the blue left & right with all of this symbolism, words and their treated like their almost like deities like WWE is doing all of this stuff with Bad Bunny and I'm like who..why...how :? :?: Oh and not to mention what the one was singing America the Beautiful on Day 2 Sunday at WM39, I mean it was so obvious what the heck his necklaces were, so many of them are showing it not to mention the hand gestures :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Anyway I miss those days of hip-hop like that. It was cool dancing by yourself or with others cause I mean you had time to be others, there wasn't social media & hand-held phones taking up so much of your time & attention where your friends & family are taking a backseat. That video you posted PB was pretty cool, it brought back a moment of the time that should have last much, much longer :)

As a special note, I look post a special MTV showcase in My Odds & Ends of stuff I recently found. I don't know when but a lot of great stuff is coming to My topic in the near future :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions