Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Halloween: The Revenge

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: 31 Days of Halloween

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:54 am

I see. Incredible stuff you said. Yeah, Mattel made the same mistake that everybody else did except Fox with Star Wars. Yeah, many people says He-Man is a Conan rip-off...I never thought that once then I found out the truth too later! Cool stuff PB :)

I'm not sure if I recall that Kane & Pete Rose/No Mercy commercial but I sure remember their Big Red Machine feud! I was wondering when you'd get to Thriller. Yes, you had talked about it before and so have I. It was THE FIRST THING I noticed on MTV :o I said about the black gal on Sesame Street earlier, well same thing goes for the black gal here, I think they were My first two I noticed on TV.

Ah that Ash one is so funny. My Grandparents love it especially My Grandpa. Amazing how the people that made AOD & Lucas got a way with them three names/words :o

DO NOT SKIP THIS..Remember the Exorcist :?: That story was actually based on a TRUE STORY not too far from where I live here is ST. LOUIS! I bet you didn't know this. Again...DO NOT SKIP THIS!

Also he worked for NASA TOO :o :shock: :batshock: :wwshock: :smsmh:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/parenting/the-teen-from-the-exorcist-in-st-louis-grew-up-to-work-at-nasa/ar-AA12KaTQ?ocid=sapphireappshare
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:38 pm

I knew some of that. Not his really name. Nor that he worked for NASA later. That's pretty crazy. Have you ever visited the house?

Hard to believe the month is almost over.

I have to say, we got married in October and honeymooned in San Diego, so one day we drove up to Walt Disney so we could experience their Halloween decorations. It was really neat. (as is Christmas in Disney)

Also, I know you're not following the new Quantum Leap but Halloween night they're airing a Halloween episode. Since you mentioned The Exorcist, you might want to give it a watch.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:24 am

I know, hard to believe isn't it :roll: Cool. All of that was great what you posted there. Cool you married in October. As you know or I think you do cause I said it in My Grandma's Tribute that she & My Grandpa met each other a Halloween dance, they just had their anniversary the other day :(

Gosh I loved that Blockbuster video one PB :)

Nope I haven't and I wouldn't want too. I know some other haunted stories in St. Louis that I might share later on other than My own :shock:

I might give that new Quantum Leap episode a shot, I'm sure it will be on Peacock PB ;)

Here is The Darkness, the great spook-fest park I've talked about before! I may elaborate on it even further later on :blbat:

As Winston says:

Here is Garfield's Halloween Adventure. I know how much like it PB. I do too, its one of the best ever. My Mom recorded it for Me when it first aired. My Grandma loved Lou Rawls who is the voice of Garfield when he sings :blww:

OK, here we are with a couple special vids for Halloween! My fave scene from the original Halloween, listen to Dr. Loomis :blaq:

OK, now here is the BIG ONE. This WCW Halloween Havoc 1993 intro is hardly mentioned by anyone anywhere. AEW will never mention this ether and I really hate that stuff :roll: Tony Schiavone was a big part here and really good and he is more than what you think. He was actually a producer in WCW but you never hear his credits. The quality isn't superb but you can see how great this was back then!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN :blbat: :blww: :blsm: :blmm: :blhal: :blbaf: :blaq:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:49 am

I can't believe it's already Halloween. It feels like we just started these threads yesterday.

I love Garfield. It's the undisputed best Halloween cartoon. All month long, including this morning standing at the curb with my kids waiting for the school bus, I've been sing, "Sixty men all lost at sea...."

I warned my kids about the salmonella found in some Snickers bars so I'm going to have to confiscate all the Snickers bars they get tonight.

I said we honeymooned in San Diego, and this was one of the places we went.

This is also my other odd paranormal experience. Well, actually it happened to my wife. When we toured the building, there was an upstairs room we went into, and my wife said she was having trouble breathing. It was an odd moment, but when we left that room, she felt better. Not the most scary event, but it happened. And then, a couple years later one of the Ghost Hunting shows went there, I want to say Ghost hunters but I'm not entirely sure because I've seen so many ghost shows...anyway, they had a psychic medium walk the building and when they went into the same room, they said they were having trouble breathing!

Make of that what you will.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:16 pm

All of that is great PB, thanks for sharing :) Yep, it's Halloween :blbat:

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Image

Yep, it's HALLOWEEN TIME, My favorite time of the year. The above picture is a special one, it's a cute poster I got from one of My Scholastic books way back in 1990. I have always thought is was so cute and perfect for Halloween for a seasonal layout & not an actual scary display. Been thinkin' of this a lot :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:21 am

packerbacker180 wrote:Also, I know you're not following the new Quantum Leap but Halloween night they're airing a Halloween episode. Since you mentioned The Exorcist, you might want to give it a watch.

BrandonDaCollector wrote:
I might give that new Quantum Leap episode a shot, I'm sure it will be on Peacock PB ;)

OK, I'm postin' the quotes cause yesterday I watch that episode on Peacock. Here is what I think. I really don't want to bad mouth it but I really wasn't into it compared to the other episode you mentioned for Me too see. For one I just don't think it has the spunk the other one has. It could be a Star Trek: OS compared to TNG thing but I cannot say for sure but I liked TNG as much the OS later on. The story was ok but it really was a let down after it was all said and done. I wasn't familiar with anybody in it. I think the lead guy Raymond Lee is good but he's gotta do more in order to show Me he's as good as other Asian actors that I know. Of course they had to have a non-binary character/actor in it to fit this androgynous day & age's standards (see, it's in everything as I've said before). I didn't find the episode as spooky as much as it should have been and Ernie Hudson wasn't in it :roll: I saw him in the preview of the series but his character was missing from this episode, what a miss-opportunity that was :roll: I give them kudos that it's not a reboot however. Oh, the music by DC Comic composer Daniel James Chan was pretty cool, he's got the potential of being a big name in the future!

As a side note, I think NBC had it great when they were doing Grimm years ago, of course things had to change :roll:

Well, that's it. I didn't want to burst a bubble PB but again, I found the other episode to be way more fun and spookier :blbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:07 am

No, I agree with you somewhat. The original Bakula Halloween episode was much better. This one was ok. It was actually a little intense and interesting to start, but because of this day and age I knew it wouldn't go in an as spiritual direction as it's predecessor, and I was right. I don't have an issue with the direction they went in because it's somewhat logical and it was explained well, it just takes the spookiness away. it was basically an overdramatic episode of Scooby Doo. It was ok. There have been better episodes in the new series and I like the fact there's an overarching storyline throughout the season whereas the original series was just one-off episodes. I'm actually more into that storyline of why he Quantum Leaped and where it's going than the weekly story. For the most part those have been so-so. Nothing amazing.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:01 pm

OK, well that is good. Yeah, it was intense, I did like the seriousness for a while but it just kinda fell flat and yes, that's a good description that it was being like overdramatic Scooby-Doo episode :) Yes, this day & age :roll: :x I'll tell ya, there was one scene in there that I didn't mention that I just recalled a few moments ago and that was when he made the mistake of saying about the net...then he corrected himself and said about the Encyclopedia and called it the net as he said it was the "first internet" which really is correct. Its a book that you look up just about anything. I thought that was a nice clever touch there :)

That is cool that your interested in the story like that PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: 31 Days of Halloween: The Revenge

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:17 pm

It's THAT time of year!

Darkness falls across the land
The midnight hour is close at hand
Creatures crawl in search of blood
To terrorize y'all’s neighborhood

So we're going to re-animate the threads from last year...but who knows what new terrors may lurk with these boards...

Within this very thread you'll find the Frankenstein of all Halloween threads, a sinister stews of the unclassifiable, the indescribable, and the haunts of days gone by...

A little bit of this, a little bit of that...but be warned....the only thing that lies beyond...

is you're doom...

Or some classic tv. But beware nonetheless!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: 31 Days of Halloween: The Revenge

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:21 am

I can't believe we're doing this already :o Great topic revival PB :)

That was a cool Boy meets World and yes I watched all 6 clips :o That was surprising seeing Jennifer Love Hewitt there. I had a small crush on her back then. During this time she was in I know What You Did Last Summer and became a scream queen but I must say, Angela was pretty nice there ;) Oh I gotta mention that the music by the late great Ray Colcord, his small score was quite 90s classic sounding, this episode wouldn't have been as good without. Cool PB :blbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions