Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Entrance Theme of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Entrance Theme of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:35 am

I was a big fan of Paige in the WWE and think her presence in AEW should be huge. They need more experienced women's wrestlers.

This one wasn't my fault

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:22 am

Yes, how can you not miss Paul Bearer :roll: Oh yes, she was one of My faves back then. Indeed and I hope so too. Snitsky was good, too bad he didn't do much longer after that.

We've both talked about Lars Sullivan many times so let's talk about how great he was in the ring and how awesome his music was too! I think he was so powerful and exciting and the way he spoke was so intelligent. Look how he is behind that fence and them expressions on his face :o His theme is actually one of the best over the last decade or so IMO, it has such a great melody & tune not to mention the crazy scream in the background, its really an ideal theme for a spooky good time :blbaf:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:16 am

Aw man, I was going to do Lars Sullivan today after Snitsky, lol. Yes, he had a unique look, and that theme was menacing. I always said he reminded me of the Looney Tunes gorilla, the way his body was shaped. Too bad he had so many offscreen issues.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:53 am

Dang, another coincidence or was it just the bald head :? Indeed about him.

Here is Su Yung :batsmile:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:06 pm

Ah, Su Yung. Almost did her a few times. It's a shame Marty Scurrl got cancelled. I loved his entrance.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:22 am

Dang well here we go again. I had no idea about Marty. What a shame and what theme.

A couple days ago you posted Dustin's Black Reign good theme (gosh he was heavy then but still great). I meant to counter that but I thought of Su Yung as I was thinking about and I went with her.

OK, I posted this a while back and told you the story but lets ignore all that we now and PRETEND it was different and Seven/Se7en was like a the Undertaker or something and truly an exciting entity in the ring. I have always loved his theme, its one of the spookiest ever heard IMO in wrestling :blbat:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:32 am

Yeah, the Impact years weren't the best for Dustin because of the drug abuse. I've heard him talk about it. I'm glad he got cleaned up.

There was a time when Lucha Underground was pretty good. I always thought Matanza Cueto (aka Jeff Cobb) was a bit Splatterhouse ripoff, lol, but it seemed like they'd throw a mask on just about anyone. I sometimes wondered how traditional lucha libre fans felt about that. The video is pretty fun because you see some big wrestlers under masks. Willie Mack maskless of course. But there's Prince Puma who was Ricochet. And Killshot aka Swerve Strickland. King Cuerno was Santos Escobar. They also had Penta and Rey Fenix. And Cobra Moon, or Thunder Rosa. Not to mention others like Johnny Mundo, Brian Cage. Heck, even Rey Mysterio was on it a bit. It's a shame they went under and some of the contract issues they had.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:06 am

Yep about Dustin. Oh yes, I was very familiar with Lucha Underground. I may post My fave moment of their's in the Halloween topic. It is a shame they went under as I was pretty excited about them :roll:

Before Paige/Saraya there was the late great & hot Daffney Unger :( She had really cool themes too :!:

Here she is in WCW with David Flair and on the indi scene!

A bit of WCW and her tenure in TNA.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:33 pm

I thought of Daffney a few times but knew you were a big fan so I left her figuring you'd post her eventually.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:23 am

Well thanks for thinking of Me that way PB, I appreciate that :)

Ah Willow, I remember when I first saw his vignette and I'm like is that Jeff Hardy and sure enough it was. I think it was cleverly done character. Good theme too. To bad he never made return with it however, there was a time in WWE I thought he was going to do it but instead they went with the alcoholic angle instead :roll:

Here is Suicide, a video game character that came to life...literally! I always thought he was a cool and scary looking wrestler. I think the character lost steam however when he took his mask off in front of Hogan during that reveal, it just took the fun out of the mystery :roll: He's got a really cool theme!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc