Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Animals: Swallowtail Caterpillar!!!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Cryptozoology, Ufos, Dinos, Mythology, Animals discussio

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:38 pm

I don't know if you listen to the Talk is Jericho podcast, but the newest episode is about Mothman and it's pretty interesting.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:18 pm

I see about the dinosaur stuff that its not for you.

Actually I really don't do podcast that much but that Jericho one sound interesting, I might check it out :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:05 pm

Hey PB, I thought I'd present this for My topic. Are you familiar with General Mills/Betty Crocker Shark Bites Fruit Snacks at the grocery stores? I loved them so much back then, they still make them and they are still really fun to eat and I love their Scooby-Doo fruit snacks as well. Anyway, they had a special limited edition figure INSIDE the box and I was able to get one and it was the Megamouth Shark figure in 1991 :o Like the rest of the actual fruit sharks in the box, They are based on real species, well the Megamouth is too :!: If you are not familiar with that specie is was discovered in 1976 and the point of the matter is which this is a very important factor when you study Cryptozoology is also finding new species never seen before which it one of the many exciting beauties that I adore of the study :o

Here is more of the MEGAMOUTH Shark via wikipedia.

So here is an example pic of an old box I found on the web of the boxes way back when. You can see how they promoted the special sharks within it.

Here is the figure. I took the pics of My figure. It was made by GMI in 1991. If I remember correctly however I believe it was random toys and gimmicked as "may have" been in the box and if it was you were really, really lucky to get one!

This figure is actually quite rare to find and goes for a nice penny on eBay as I speak and I believe there a couple variants of it as well. I hope you have enjoyed this and learned a thing or two ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:51 am

I remember eating those at lunch in school. Good times.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:26 am

Cool Packer :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:50 am

So since this topic seems to be the lesser than I had hoped :roll: Anyway, I wanted to post some pics I took over the late summer &amp; early fall with no mystery of cryptids or aliens this time around but just good'ole nature. Seems like people kinda lost their desire for life outdoors which is really sad. I used to have a plethora of wildlife in the neighborhood till neighbors poisoned the area...we used to have Gardner Snakes that kept the land pest free but that was over a generation ago and it hasn't been like it was since with their no caring for life attitudes :( In around 2010 it seemed like arthropod life such as colorful & cute insects like Praying Mantis, Lady Bugs & Fireflies was finally coming back but dropped off over the next several years which really has been depressing :roll: :( :x Thank goodness the avian, squirrel, rabbit and opossum life is still around.

With that being the end of My rant and being said, here is some great pics I took this year with some surprises plus a a special bonus which you're gonna see right now!

Giant Wolf Spider! I saw this very large arachnid beauty and couldn't believe it :shock: I found her in the back yard on July 11 of 2011 which was 10 years ago this year :!: She was as large as My hand spread-out if not larger! She was the biggest spider I have ever seen in person locally (not counting the St. Louis Zoo)! I said she is a she cause later she had an egg sack as large as she was! I don't know where she went, she left the tree and was gone the next day.

These Morning-Glory Plume Moths are actually pretty common in My area and they just stay in one spot for days. I usually call them bi-plane bugs.

Just a usual House Spider on the basement door!

Yep, I was really surprised a Brown Bat made his home for the night on My garage. He was actually there for a couple of days. I wanted to get a better closeup of him but I don't trust bats.

I love Cicadas, I'm always excited when they sound-off in the Summer but its kinda sad when they go away in the Autumn. I always love to catch them and have them walk on My hands and let them fly away or just put them on a fence or tree. These guys are one of My fave kind of insect a sthey are harmless and fun to play with!

Oh man, the Giant Stag Beetle! I was so shocked when I saw him earlier this year on the garage. He was the largest beetle I have seen in My area. I loved his reddish/amber color. He is as large as a Cicada if not bigger. I didn't pick him cause I didn't trust him plus I didn't want to harm him just in case.

Now he was My most special one all year and that was My sighting in person of a TREE FROG! I always hear them outside in the trees for many, many years but never saw one till September :shock: I called him Froggy! I found him very cute an dyou can clearly tell his species are reptilians' ancestors :!: He didn't make any sounds or noises or anything but he was on the garage door for a couple days which I thought was very astonishing and I tried to cherished his little appearance as much as I could cause I knew he would go hibernate fairly soon.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this little bit of nature from Me cause it just seems like there isn't many people that do this sort of thing anymore :roll: I might post more stuff like this in the near future :) Soon, I will post a special possible Cryptid sighting of an unknown arachnid I had way back in 1997 which it's 25th anniversary in approaching upon time. Until then I'll see you around :scww:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:19 am

So we or I talk about animals and such in figure & cartoon form but darn we don't talk enough about the real things. So many are disappearing on this planet :roll: I posted some wonderful pics a while back that I believe got overlooked. I saved that cute Tree Frog for My Grandma MiMi because she loved frogs but never saw one before and she never got to see that great pic I took when i found him last year :(

So here is her bird/squirrel feeder from Our old house well over 35 years ago, she brought it to Our newer house and stuck it there. It's one of the last great items from the old house and has been for there at the newer over 30 years already, I saw a Cicada skin under it a few days ago, I love Cicadas. Just last night I got lucky and saw a youngling hatch out of it's exoskeleton and I had to take pics. Its so adorable and wonderful that this happens, so many people in this world doesn't appreciate wonders of life like this but I do :batsmile:

Hours later he left and there's his skin, it is still there...look at that extraction point :shock: I hope he's ok and sings his loud but peaceful song tonite and get's his mate!

More to come but I gotta post My big Arthropod sighting from 97 soon which is the 25th anniversary of it this year, gosh I gotta work on that :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:44 pm

We get a lot of frogs around our house too since we live on farmland. Some get pretty big in the summer. Cool pics. Looking at bugs isn't something I go out of my way to do, but the pics are nice.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:55 pm

It's the wife's birthday tomorrow. What do you get someone who's already lucky enough to be married to me?

Ancient Aliens LIVE: Project Earth is an experiential extension of Ancient Aliens that explores the theory that extraterrestrials have visited Earth for millions of years.

The ninety-minute live experience celebrates the long-running program Ancient Aliens on The HISTORY Channel and features leading Ancient Astronaut theorist Giorgio A. Tsoukalos, investigative mythologist William Henry, aerospace engineer and intelligence expert Dr. Travis Taylor, UK government UFO investigator Nick Pope, and real-life Indiana Jones, David Childress, as they discuss thought-provoking extraterrestrial theories on fan-favorite topics from Ancient Egypt to the moon, paving the long road to Disclosure
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:47 am

Well that's cool. When you see some great great animlas out there talk about it. I hope you keep an eye open at all times, you never knw what your gonna see and you see a possble cryptd DO NOT HESITATE...POST IT HERE :!: Well I love all animals including bugs. However ones like Skeeters & Roaches, nope they are pest :roll: Thanks PB :)

Well, that looks great and I didn't know your wife was into Aliens. Is she into Cryptids too :?: You plan on ask questions, film it and take pics and possibly meet them guys :?: I know all of them from TV especially Pope & Giorgio for a very long time now. I wouldn't mind going to one of them, I hope your wife will like your present to her PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions