Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My favorite appearances & moments: Ultimate Warrior!

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

My favorite appearances & moments: Ultimate Warrior!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:05 am

Well, here is a new topic I thought of, My fave appearances of wrestler's attire and so forth with a bit My commentary :!:

First off we'll begin with the Ultimate Warrior! I have a lot and while I ain't gonna post everything, this is what is on My mind at the moment!

Ready :?: :batconfused: :wwhuh: :smhuh:

From 89, I always loved the blue, arguably My fave of all!

This one is during his super posedown with "Ravishing" Rick Rude at the 1989 Royal Rumble! One of his best looks and moments not to mention one of the best RR PPVs ever IMO!

Ah, he looked great at the 1990 RR, this was his first and only actual RR match! It's when he and Hogan fought each other for the first epic time, there has been many times the WWE tried to make moments like this throughout the next decades but none hasn't even come close to this IMO. He looks great, look at them neon green trucks!

From 1990 at Wrestlemania 6, look at his chest!

After he beat Hogan @ WMVI, this is one of the most recognized of all warrior appearances!

Ah, My fave. I loved the "Out of Control" Warrior with the cool trucks and just a bit of face paint of one of his logos! Also, notice the world title's strap is colored a really pretty blue...this was during a really cool time when they were experimenting with different colored straps and it was only being done with The Warrior, they actually started this briefly before when he was the IC champ around the WM6 season! :!:

This was a very great but quite bittersweet one as it was like the last major pose of his as World Champ :roll: Notice the belt's strap is purple this time, there was also a time when his strap was white as well! Eventually it all came to an end :roll:

Here he is at the Royal Rumble 1991, it was his last time as the world title holder as Sgt Slaughter, the new major turncoat heel would defeat him thanks to the Macho King, In fact, this was the last time that the Warrior would ever hold a championship :roll: He looked mighty awesome though :!:

This is a great one from 91, arguably his coolest and best one ever!

This one is good and taken not too far from the one seen above. However this is from when he was with Hogan to fight The Triangle of Terror at SummerSlam 91, look at Hogan, there wasn't many times he looked unique but this was one'em!

This was an awesome version of him after his return at Wrestlemania 8 in 1992! This was used a lot back then especially for SummerSlam 92!

After SummerSlam 92 when Macho Man & Warrior fought each other, they became The Mega Maniacs. It was great time, they matched each other with their history among many other ways, I loved this team and IMO there has never been one like it since!

These were some of the last photos of the Warrior in 92, he and Macho were supposed to face Ric Flair & Razor Ramon at the 92 Survivor Series but crap happen behind the scenes again and he he was gone and replaced by Mr. Perfect. These pics were even used to advertise him for the 93 Royal Rumble, it would have been awesome is he'd been it and the Mega Maniacs would have been in there together to fight the eventual winner of it which was the great Yokozuna :!: How stimulating would it have been :? Instead it was Macho Man all alone to fight the huge sumo and he got eliminated by Yokozuna :!:

After that, WCW's renegade was on fire from 94 to 95 as a part of Hulkamanics till the Warrior said in wrestling books that that isn't him and that it needs to be known...The Renegade never recovered after that :( It would be 1996 into the heyday of the New Generation era, the Warrior would return much slender and with a tattoo of himself. I actually loved this return and thought he still fit in. His return would be way shorter than his 92 stint as backstage probs occurred once more :roll:

Then in 1998, he finally came to WCW and fought Hollywood Hogan in a great feud but the actual rematch match wasn't as good. He looked great, sill about the same as 1996. He would still be a part of his OWN (One Warrior Nation - years before the dreaded Cenation ever was a thought) and came out with new colorful jackets, jeans and cowboy boots! However, with times changing and the nWo and the Attitude era killing classic wrestling and began a new as we knew it, there was very little to no room for The Warrior anymore...The Renegade was his stunt double at certain events and very few people knew it back then and maybe even now and that was one of the last times we ever saw of him. He died the next year :(

The Warrior disappeared from wrestling entirely and only have small appearances here and there in meetings and conferences and have one indy match which was he last match ever. He would return one last time to the WWF now the WWE in 2014 as a WWE 2K14 DLC preorder character. He became a hall of famer during wrestlmania weekend, made one last speech on the following Monday Night Raw then the next day he died :cry: Both impostor and real Warrior passed on within a 15 year period :cry: Here is the 2K vid of him, I must say he still looked great despite being older, the gray hair IMO actually made his look even cooler.

Bonus: To bad we never got the excitement of The Ultimate Mega Maniacs :roll: The only way it's possible is through our imagination, card & video games and action figures :)

As a special bonus, I thought I'd post this. A couple weeks on Raw, "The Asian Sign Guy"...a fan that I just named him that have for years as I have noticed him always on the side of the walk-way isle so apparently you can see his signs? I never seen anybody talk about him but it's like...how can you NOT notice him? Anyway, I got a kick outta his sign...take a gander at it :)

This is what he is talking about, it in 96 when he was interviewed by Vinnie Mac and one of the last times he was seen as an active competitor in the WWF/WWE. His wearing a ball cap and oddly enough his face paint was mostly all black! I stopped collecting the Mattel WWE figures long ago but he's interested in it and maybe others too and I must say, this version looks quite different...looks like he could be a fan fiction dark side Warrior if one would want him to be IMO :)

That's all, I hope you liked this. This turned out to be more of a bit of a history lesson than I intended originally. I might make another fave appearances of other wrestlers. Also, I might feature a special about the Renegade in the WCW section in the future as well as this was pretty big to Me back then. We'll see cause there's so much more to do :)

If you have a fave appearance of The Warrior and I didn't show it then post here ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My favorite appearances & moments: Ultimate Warrior!

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:31 pm

I always have mixed feelings about Warrior. He was awesome when I was a kid. Not entirely sure what to think of him outside the ring, but I was so happy when he went in to the HOF and then appeared on Raw. And then the next day he was gone. Sad.

For me, when I think of him, I always think of the neon green, pink, and orange.

Cool idea for a series topic, BTW.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:36 am

Thank PB. Yeah, he was like a hero to Me for a while. He was quite different. His character on TV wasn't too far off from his real life-self. I mean he changed his name to Warrior and with his family. Poor Dana Warrior, I get so depressed every time I see her since his passing because how much it hurt her :(

Yeah the neon green, pink and orange is a great choice :!:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:51 pm

It sure was a wild ride with him. I remember having his Wrestling Buddy pillow when I was a kid, that might be another reason why the green, pink, orange is iconic to me. His red, white, and blue look was nice, too. I have that figure somewhere because it came in a two pack because I wanted the USA flag for a custom and my son wanted the John Cena figure, so everyone won, lol. Think I got it from K-Mart. Man, I miss that store.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:48 am

I just posted on your Wrestling Buddies commercial then I see this :o I never got him, like I said before I only wanted Hogan, not sure why :roll: I'm sure I could've got him and the others as well. Yes, the RWB one was great. Yeah, I miss K-Mart too, I had 2 locations that I loved to go to, fond memories indeed of both of them!

Great story PB about you and you son :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT