Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling: Women of the Independents!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Wrestling: Women of the Independents!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:49 am

So this is the talk of women wrestlers on the indpedendent circuit/indie scene. I feel the true Women's revolution begin on the indies and not the WWE in the later part of the 2000s. This was so good! I put together all of the pics as a quick reference. Let's talk about the women of independent wrestling over the years. So who's your fave wrestler and share your thoughts & memories of these fun times!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Wrestling: Women of the Independents!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:15 am

Some of these names are familiar to me, some not so much. I've been to one or two local shows in my life (Empire State Wrestling--featuring Buffalo's own, Pepper Parks aka The Blade) but never really followed the indy scene. I did check out a Mission Pro Wrestling event online (a women's company owned by Thunderosa) really becuase Busted Open host Dave Lagreca was going to have a faceoff in the ring with Thunderosa (they had a bit of a spat on the SiriusXM show) but was pleasantly surprised by a couple of the actual matches. Since then I've noticed a few names wrestled on AEW Dark or Elevation, and I wouldn't mind seeing them a bit more.

Of their roster, not everyone wrestled on that show but I thought Raychell Rose and Jennacide had good matches and looks I thought could get them into big companies. Red Velvet and Holidead also wrestled.

Rose

Jennacide
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:13 am

Cool! Thanks for sharing all of that great info, sounds like so much fun :o Cool that Red Velvet was there. For some reason I don't recall Raychell Rose in AEW? I have been hoping for Jennacide to be back in AEW for months now, they need a woman that is really big and stunning other than Jade and I think she would fit that role nicely IMO. Holidead just wrestled on a Dark a couple of weeks ago but she got no proper entrance or anything at all.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:26 am

I think Rose may've had a Dark or Elevation match a week or so after that PPV and that was the only time I saw her name in the results. I could be wrong, though. I think Jennacide was in the NWA a few weeks ago, but not sure if that was a permanent move, also.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:02 am

Just double checked on Raychell Rose, she lost to Diamante on the 4/27 show.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:55 pm

Aww man, that takes me back to my Shimmer days. Now most of their classic roster is in WWE in some form.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:27 am

OK, thanks Packer :)

Secondwhiteline, yes it does :) Shimmer & Shine back then, I those miss days :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby secondwhiteline » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:44 pm

Went to a con today, which somehow Shida made it to. From Minneapolis to Albany, NY! I got to meet her and Mercedes Martinez.

secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:47 pm

Dang, that girl hustles, lol. Cool pics.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:35 pm

Dang, Shida & Martinez :shock: Those two babes are 2 of My faves of all-time. Congrats, I hope you cherished these moments...some guys just got all the luck :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc