Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Slammiversary 2021

Whether it's six sides or a squared circle, the Phenomenal One or the Virtuoso, come on in and Cross the Line, slapnuts.

Slammiversary 2021

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:21 am

Well, Slammiversary is less than a week away, and while I usually check results, this year it's a little more interesting because the event just so happens to take place days after the 90 no-compete clauses of the first round of WWE cuts after this past WrestleMania, so it'll be interesting to see who, if anyone, shows up. I'd originally gotten excited at the premise of Samoa Joe taking the Impact title off Kenny Omega, but that's obviously not going to happen, and I don't expect Omega to drop the title here just yet. But who could eventually take it?

I'm fully expecting Chelsea Green to show up, maybe even as the mysetry opponent for Deonna Purrazzo. I wouldn't be surprised to see the IIconics show up, since they've said they'd like to stay together as a tag team and Impact is really the ony other company with a legitimate women's tag division.

As a refresher, here are the April 15th releases Billie Kay on April 15, 2021 Peyton Royce on April 15, 2021 The IIconics,Mickie James, Chelsea Green, Tucker, Kallisto, Bo Dallas, Wesley Blake, Mojo Rawley. Not exactly a Murderer's Row of men's talent, but there's certainly a nice crop of womens wrestlers to inject some life into other companies. Of course, Daniel Bryan is going to be rumored everywhere until when/if he appears somewhere, and wouldn't an Omeg vs Danielson match be a sight to behold? Ha, I wouldn't put money on that happening in Impact, though.

Or maybe CM Punk shows up?

And here's the card so far for Slammiversary:

World Title: Kenny Omega (c) vs. Sami Callihan

X Division Title Ultimate X Match: Josh Alexander (c) vs. Ace Austin vs. Rohit Raju vs. Trey Miguel vs. Petey Williams vs. Chris Bey

Knockouts Title: Deonna Purrazzo (c) vs. a mystery opponent

World Tag Team Titles: Violent By Design (c) vs. Rich Swann and Willie Mack vs. TJP and Fallah Bahh vs. The Good Brothers

Knockouts Tag Team Titles: Fire N Flava (c) vs. Rosemary and Havok

Chris Sabin vs. Moose

Eddie Edwards vs. W. Morrissey
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Slammiversary 2021

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:09 am

Well, just finished Slammiversary and thought it was pretty damn good. No spoilers, but there were surprises, some expected, some not so expected, and a couple I totally would never have expected. Overall a good mix. Will be interesting to see where things go from here. The end of the show though...
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Slammiversary 2021

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:58 am

Still haven't seen the event, haven't had a chance yet but ry reading your info and the card your posted, seems like a good. Maybe I'll see about it soon.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to TNA/Impact Wrestling