Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

WWE Masters of the Universe

Wanna talk about your LJN Hulkster or that weird, skinny body Samoa Joe TNA figure? Maybe you've got some cool wrestling swag? Step up to the gorilla position and snap in to it, oh yeah!

Re: WWE Masters of the Universe

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:32 am

Yeah, looks good and all but I retired from collecting WWE Mattel figures long ago and I believe I did from MOTUC (more on that a later date). It kinda get's to Me now and then when I was posting on the Matty Board and talking about how some of the wrestlers loved MOTU and how Mattel could of put a special brand together of mxing MOTUC & WWE together but at the time they were doing their oh we gotta see how the fan demand is and all of that. I thought that they could make Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, Ultimate warrior (a different version of course), Jesse Ventura, Kamala and some other TRUE wrestling icons from the 80s would have been perfect then but oh well :roll:

Here is a small bonus of a couple pics I took years ago when there was MOTU themed fan stuff (see, fans were into it and when I saw this event I just marked about it) at WWE live events and Mattel doing their budget talk :smsmh:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Tango X » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:55 pm

This one is cool but I don't know if I can bring myself to buying more but if they did a Ultimates body style of MUSCLE Kinnikuman I am down. Super7 has the license for MUSCLE type figs and the buck so bring it on!
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:08 am

Tango X wrote:This one is cool but I don't know if I can bring myself to buying more but if they did a Ultimates body style of MUSCLE Kinnikuman I am down. Super7 has the license for MUSCLE type figs and the buck so bring it on!

Yeah, MUSCLE Kinnikuman figures were ones that alluded Me back in the 2000s. I remember seeing them @ K-Mart but I was on the fence about getting them not not to mention I was low on funds. I really regret not getting them to this day :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby 1987olds442 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:12 am

I would love to see them make the Road Warriors for this line. They seem like a perfect fit for it.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Tango X » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:49 pm

1987olds442 wrote:I would love to see them make the Road Warriors for this line. They seem like a perfect fit for it.

I agree. Same with Powers of Pain Warlord and Barbarian are practically He-man guys. John Nord the Berzerker, too. Mantaur? haha.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:07 am

Tango X wrote:
1987olds442 wrote:I would love to see them make the Road Warriors for this line. They seem like a perfect fit for it.

I agree. Same with Powers of Pain Warlord and Barbarian are practically He-man guys. John Nord the Berzerker, too. Mantaur? haha.

That is what I trying get at in My previous post and years ago on the Matty board. The LOD, POP would have been so ideal. Demolition (Ax, Smash & Crush) would have as well. In fact if you listen to Smash & Crush's heel music theme from late 90/early 91, it strangely sounds like something from the original He-Man/She-Ra cartoons :o Could you imagine them with the Ultimate Warrior :o Yes, I think Nord the Berzerker and even Mantaur would have fit as well. Actually, I think the "Blood Runs Cold" trio: Glacier, Mortis & Wrath would of fit nicely. Also, women like Luna Vachon & Bull Nakano would fit too.

See how well this series would have been if it was handled differently and especially if they would have done it years ago when the Matty Store & board existed what we could have had :?: Yeah, it's always like that :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:02 am

I don't collect these, but I had to smile when I saw some new ones on the pegs at Walmart and they had an Evil Lynn/Stephanie McMahon. Well done.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:05 am

Yeah, this pic isn't Mine but here she is!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:06 pm

Yeah I actually saw this at my local Walmart. I thought at first that it was Evil-Lyn based on the new cartoon but then I read and realized it was Stephanie. Pretty clever.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:55 pm

I haven't kept up much with this series at all. This isn't cannon in an alternate universe is it :?:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Wrestling Toys & Collectibles