Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Halloween Thread - My favorite time of year!!!

Post special events like conventions, online events, get togethers, etc.

Re: The Halloween Thread - My favorite time of year!!!

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:40 pm

I had a great time with friends watching horror flicks drinking punch with Superman ice cubes!! :wwlol:
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby Tango X » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:54 pm

Gah, didn't really do anything here... Had plans but they fell through when I came down with a nasty bug.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:18 pm

Man, I get bummed when Halloween is over. Took me three hours to take everything down outside. Luckily we hit a warm spell and it was in the 60's. Last year it was in the 40's. Scored a $100 inflatable 8ft blacklight spider and three sets of eyeball lights for next year, 70% off, whole thing cost me $45. Hate when Halloween is over, but usually score a cool cheap item or two afterwards.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:15 am

Caleb wrote:I had an awesome Halloween, although I'm really sick of these confusing "sexy" costumes. A sexy nurse makes sense. So does a sexy mermaid. Heck, I can even forgive sexy Batgirl. But a sexy Ninja Turtle chick? Sexy Chewbacca? C'mon, son. There's even a sexy Gizmo costume! WTF?! Still, it was pretty awesome. I hit two parties with the wife and kind of roamed the bar scene for a bit on Thursday night. The Gremlins costumes (Billy and Kate, not that horrifying Sexy Gizmo suit) went over pretty well - I'm sure the Medicom Gizmo on my back helped. And, to further affirm my faith in humanity, only two people (both dressed as Miley Cyrus, oddly) asked "Who are you guys supposed to be?"

She already has our couples' costume picked out for next year, and apparently I'm "going to really hate it". That's okay. Wait'll she sees what I've got planned for Comic Con.

And man, what was with the whole Miley Cyrus / zombies thing this year? I kind of get the zombies, but there were SO many wandering Chicago on Thursday - kind of cool in a surreal sense. But Miley Cyrus? Here a Miley Cyrus, there a Miley Cyrus, everywhere a Miley Cyrus? Okay, I get it, that whole twerking business made headlines. What the hell? I get that the ladies like an excuse to prance around in their undies, but c'mon. I saw more Mileys here in Chicago than I did in the closeout bins at Wal-Mart when those crappy Hannah Montana dolls were $5 a pop.

Personal favorite costume of the year: My boss - a tall, sorta chubby, very bald dude with a huge nose - dressed up as the dude from Despicable Me. That costume was spot-on. I'm pretty sure his kids were the little yellow guys.

First Halloween in Chicago, and I'm still reeling from all the crazies coming out in force. My morning train got accosted by guys dressed as zombies, an oddly spot-on Progressive Girl (Flo?) rode the elevator with me AND tried to sell me insurance, the Walgreen's nearby was staffed by bums (costumes, but it was jarring to see), and the wino who hangs out near work - I call him Hennessy Dave - was selling Halloween safety tips for money. I handed him a dollar and he told me that silver kills werewolves. I call that one wasted dollar.

Oh all of this is awesome, I love to read Halloween stories! Your ending is hilarious, I love it :lol: :D
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:21 am

packerbacker180 wrote:Man, I get bummed when Halloween is over. Took me three hours to take everything down outside. Luckily we hit a warm spell and it was in the 60's. Last year it was in the 40's. Scored a $100 inflatable 8ft blacklight spider and three sets of eyeball lights for next year, 70% off, whole thing cost me $45. Hate when Halloween is over, but usually score a cool cheap item or two afterwards.

I know, I hate it as well. I'm still really trying to get over with it and realize how soon Thanksgiving is coming :roll: :?
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Happy Halloween 2014!!!

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:55 am

Well not quite yet but that didn't stop me from digging up some old decorations for the page and a few new ones! Hope you all have a great Halloween this year, gang!!!

:blsm: :blbat: :blww: :blbaf: :blaq: :blmm: :blhal: :dmnwink: :ecgrin: :gghlol: :scrgrin: :phsrasp: :grnrage: :swpgrin: :spcgrin: :etwink: :klargrin: :mervgrin: :jcsmirk:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Doctor Fate » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:26 am

Halloween - as the older I get it's gets less and less significant as time goes on. I live in a Condo Complex and they don't allowed Children to go trick or treating - so I just buy a couple bags of candy and donate it to the Condo Board so they can have an annual Halloween Party for all kids at the Condo Complex Cabana.

I usually go to my Girlfriend's place and watch movies like Dracula, Werewolf, and that's pretty much my Halloween this year. I don't even put decorations up because that against Condo Board Policy. I'm nothing like Packerbacker - I'm complete opposite of him.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my experiences of Halloween and I did one time worked in a Haunted House for several years and because of my size 6'5" 275 lbs - I was Frankenstein for 7 years from 1982 to 1989.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:12 am

Spent six hours Monday putting decorations out in front of the house.

Didn't finish yet, lol.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Tango X » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:57 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:Spent six hours Monday putting decorations out in front of the house.

Didn't finish yet, lol.

Pics or it didn't happen. Haha j/k but seriously pics would be cool. :blbat:
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Illiasc » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:37 pm

Awesome decorations and emotes AcidDragon! This is among my two favorite times of the year. And yes, pics or it didn't happen packerbacker180! :blaq:

Sadly we don't get trick or treaters out where I am, so I don't decorate the yard or exterior of the house much other than a few nice jack-o-lanterns carved up, however I tend to go all out on the inside of my house I guess just for my own enjoyment. I already started about a week before October began! :gghlol: Thankfully about half the stuff so far is generally fall themed, so it sticks around through November as well for Thanksgiving. Beyond the decorations, I think the only thing I'll do differently this year that I've planned is to watch a scary movie every night for the whole of October, all but maybe four of them will be ones I've never seen before. Should be fun!
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Special Events