Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Video Game Collection: Sega Dreamcast 25th Anniversary!!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My Video Game Collection: NBA Jam Sega CD!!!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:46 pm

The 90s were really the only time I was interested in the NBA, and man, was this game a big reason why. Arcade and at home, this game was one everyone loved to play. I probably played this a ton at Putt Putt. boomshackalacka!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: My Video Game Collection: NBA Jam Sega CD!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:19 am

That's great to hear that PB. Yes, the 90s was such a time. Thanks for checking this out :) I'll be showcasing My Sega Genesis 32X Version soon so stay alert for that ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Video Game Collection: NBA Jam T.E. Sega 32X!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:47 am

Oh man so now here we go with My NBA Jam for My Sega Genesis 32X which is still My fave video game console of ever of all-time...look at this splendid logo collage that I made right here :)

Here's this NBA Jam Title Screen :!:

Now, unlike the Sega CD NBA Jam that I showcased a short while ago...

this is a different game, it's the NBA Jam T.E.: Tourniquet Edition which is arguably the best of the two originals. It's an updated version as well as a sequel in the great sporting series. Think of it like how Mortal Kombat 3 & Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 was to each other.

It has even more wilder jumps & jams :!:

Here's two Advertisements. I love how the first one of the Arcade says JAMDAY '95 FEB 23, this is only an example as to why 1995 was such a cool & fun year. The second one which says about the game We Pumped Up The Jam was sweet too :) they both speak of the consoles which was SNES, Genesis, game Gear, Saturn, Playstation and PC.

Here's a Sweepstakes Ad and a Atari Jaguar Ad. Man I would have loved to play that version :shock:

Okay, so here's My actual Game. As you see the cover is far different than the Sega CD Version in many ways. Here's the front & back of the Protective Case :)

Here's a close-up of the that very cool Official NBA Hologram Sticker :)

Now here's a close-up of the back of the Box's description and gameplay.

A look at the updated Roster :!:

Here's a close-up of the important info including the 1994 & 1995 Copyright. Like I always say and I hope people is heading this, not even the "supposed" experts say to look for the Copyrights because they can help you identify whom made what & when. I've been doing this since I was a youngster, long before the web :!:

Okay, now here's the inside of the Case as you see the Game Cartridge and & Instruction Booklet.

Here's the Cartridge. I just love how the 32X Cartridges look. Their still My fave :)

I just love how Acclaim sculpts their Logo into the back of it...

as well as the Case itself :)

So now here we go inside the Instructional Booklet. I just love these. Kids today and even young adults probably don't know how games were yesterday, I hope that there's still younger people that wants to know the past cause when I was young I loved looking at these books as much as I did playing the games themselves plus they smell very good too :) Here's the Table of Contents.

Here's this about the Sega Genesis 32X System and more.

Here's the Rosters & Divisions during when Basketball was still basketball :!:

Now here's this. An Ad of the NBA Jam Music Video :shock:

It was only $14.98 at your local video retailers. Unfortunately none of Mine in My area had this, if I would have seen it it would have snagged this up in a hurry :roll: It was by NBA Video CBS Fox :o

Here's the Acclaim Hotline & Customer Service and the 1994 & 1995 Copyrights, again always, always check those Copyrights, their more important than what you think they are ;)

Now as I shown before with My NBA Jam Sega CD as well as My NFL Quarterback Club 32X that they have the great WWF Raw Video Game Ad on the backs of the Booklets. Here's this on that one the NBA Jam 32X T.E. Tournament Edition has :)

Here's a close-up of the Wrestlers, I love that picture of Yokozuna and again, it was cool that they made Kwang a hidden character to play as hence why he is there with Bret Hart :batwink: This is the only version of the game that features him so the 32X edition was a must have :!:

The game also had new moves as well :)

Okay, here's a WWF Raw Comparison between the Sega CD & 32X Versions, you can see many differences :) Notice Owen Hart isn't on the 32X Version however he still is in the game :)

Okay, now if you wanted to see NBA Jam T.E. with My previously showcased NFL Quarterback Club here it is, I took the pictures in a before & after style this time :)

Now here is NBA Jam T.E. with WWF RAW & Mortal Kombat II. Like I showed with My Sega CD NBA Jam, WWF Rage in the Cage & Mortal Kombat CD, here's another pure example of pure great fun in the 90s :)

Now here's a comparison of the NBA Jams for Sega CD & 32X. Gosh I love seeing these together of these very fun times :)

Wow, there's My showcase of NBA Jam T.E.:Tournament Edition for My Sega Genesis 32X and I hope you liked it and were a bit surprised ;) Next I will have a special Video Game Magazine that has it's 30th Anniversary this month that features NBA Jam, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Video Game Collection: Game Players 94 Anniversary!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:42 am

So here we go with a very special showcase, one that I've been wanting to do and waiting for a very long while because this is the 30th Anniversary of My Game Players Magazine which is the only one I could locate in My storage for the time being and I'm very thankful that I did find this one :)

This is from June, 1994, 30 years ago this year, this very month of June...that's incredible if I do say so Myself. Now Game Players Magazine first begin in 1989, 35 years ago this year and sadly became defunct in 1998 thanks to the boom of the web :roll: Now this Magazine is visually stunning, I just love these times of the 90s when stuff looked like this. The front Cover features the debut of Earthworm Jim :shock: The thing is this Magazine that I got is not addressed to Me nor any of My Family, its to a woman that lives in St. Louis near Me that I don't know. It's such a darn shame that I cannot recall how I got this but what I do know is that I have it and I do believe that it's My only Game Players Magazine. Take a good gander at this :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: Some of this is in random order and not everything is shown. Also click pics in new tab for maximum details :!:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you first open it up your greeted by a great Ad of Charles Barkley's Shut Up and Jam :!:

Next is the Table of Contents.

Here's the June, 1994 Copyright & Company Info :)

Here's a great ad for Sega's Virtua Racing, gosh I loved the Ads & Commercials for this revolutionary game :)

Now this is remarkable as this is one of the first ever news of Sega Saturn :shock: Now that's history there :!: Plus there's other stuff including fighting games and more :)

Now this is historical as well as this is one of the first ever news bits of PSX which would become Sony Playstation :o Here's a great Pool Game Ad :shock:

Here's this great section of people sending in questions & thoughts. I really liked how this was before plebeians really changed when the Internet came around with Social Media :roll: That's really cool that person drew that rad Predator & Alien Drawing :) Here's a nice PGA Golf Ad as well :)

Here's the feature article of Earthworm Jim. This was so unique. I got it used over at Schnucks for the SNES and many years later I got for My XBOX 360. Here's the feature :)

Oh, here's a great R.B.I. Baseball 94 Advertisement. Any Baseball fan should be in awe of this. Let Me tell ya, it's great having this historical ad in person :)

Here's a great section featuring Sega's Streets of Rage 3...

and Dynoblaze. An ad for Virtual Reality. I still find it weird how hypercritical people are when they hated VR stuff then now it's all the rave :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

Here's Capcom's Saturday Night Slam Masters, it's such a great wrestling. I have it for both SNES & Sega Genesis as well as My PS4. There's an Ad for a Poker game for the Sega Game Gear.

Here's Battlecorps, Mighty Morphing Power Rangers, Natsune Championship Wresting & Mario Andretti Racing :!:

Here's Fighters History, so cool :)

Here's a cool GP Subscription Ad where you get a ton of Gifts & Newsletter :)

Here's an Ad for JVC Boxing and an introduction of the reviewers. These people's personalities were so different compared to today's reviewers on YT and most of the people there have no clue how gaming was back during those classic times of gaming...they could really learn a lot from the people that was at GP.

Here's this review of Columns III, this is one of My Grandma's all-time favorite games. She bought it over at Sears in Crestwood Plaza (where My Mom & Grandpa worked) during this year of 1994, she played it like every day :) There's an Ad for Lunar Silver Star for the Sega CD :!:

Here's this great Star Trek Ad & Review :)

Here is this great big, 6-part Super Metroid Guide for the SNES. This was radical that they put a Guide like this in here. One day I plan to showcase My Metroid Collection :o I put all 6 pages together in one big picture :)

Here's two Looney Tunes game reviews of Desert Speedtrap featuring Road Runner & Wile E. Coyote & Sylvester and Tweety's Cagey Capers :!:

Here's a totally tubular Double Advertisement of Jammit :!:

Here's this cool review of Marvel's Spider-Man & X-Men plus an Ad of AD&D - Audio Dungeons & Dragons. Any D&D fan needs to check that out and you can thank Me later because I always showcase interesting & fun things as I'm one of the very last people that you will find that does what I do :)

Here's Warlo Land aka Super Mario Land 3 for the Nintendo Game Boy :!:

Here's a Review of The Lord of the Rings and an Ad of Sega CD's Vay :!:

Here's 2 great looking Sega CD Ads of ThunderStrike & Heimdall :!:

Here's a bit of F1-Pole Position and MicroMachines plus a Natsune Championship Wrestling Contest, what an amazing feat that is :shock: I got that good game on My Wii U. Look at that Artwork there, it's absolutely stunning :)

Here's SOS & Third World War Rreviews :!:

Here's two great Ads of Absolute's Super Battletank 2 and Milton Bradley's Super Battleship :!:

Here's a Review & Ad of Sega's Shadowrun, look at that :!:

Here's an Ad of the long forgotten game Microcosm for the Sega CD, 3DO & PC :!:

Here's this special of Rise of the Dragon. First, one of reviewers of the Publication Jeff Lundrigan says finally one of his favorite PC titles is on Sega CD but also says where's all of the other stuff he remembers :?: See, the current state of Oblivion was starting then which is so true I mean even back then in 94, how many people talked about classic Atari games and especially Commodore 64 games. Even though it was a decade later, many Commodore 64 games was still on My mind, heck they still are, just look at My fantastic showcases of them I've done thus far here in My fine Video Game Collection Topic. See what happens when plebeians stop talking about things :roll: This generation is making it worse too because they don't know half or if even that of video gaming history and that's why it's so important for guardians to teach them because The Past is the Future :!:

Unfortunately, I never had a chance to get involved with Dragon but recently I got a Playmates figure of her which you can see her in My Recent Acquirements Topic. I got her because I missed out on so much in 90s which I try get to the classic stuff that I couldn't get before instead of the super expensive modern stuff plus she goes great with Playmates' Vintage TMNT :) Now this game was rated MA-17 which was started by Mortal Kombat. GP has some cool stuff here and shows how hot she was and how cool the game was as well :)

Here's the Reader's Tips Section. This was great as it would give you codes and so forth. There's Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Charles Barkley's Shut Up and Jam then we got Wolfenstein 3D & Sega's Jurassic Park :!:

This next one is by Chris Slate who is a huge Basketball fan & gamer. Ever since I first saw him in My Magazine I thought he looked like My friend Donnie...a lot :shock: Now here's the thing I've been waiting for and if you seen & read My NBA Jam showcases for the Sega CD & Sega 32X then I hope you have too. There's many tips here but there's actually codes to get secret personalities and two of them are actually President Clinton & Al Gore :o Yes, their actually playable in the NBA Jam games :batshock: :wwshock: I think there's a ton of people in today's societies that is My age or older that has forgotten how cool these games & times really were. If you have been faithfully reading My showcases then you know I'm a huge Acclaim fan. I mean they were the top video game company in the late 80s to the early 2000sand we played so many of their great games and we're supposed to just forget about them and those times :? Maybe there's a ton of people out there in today's modern society with that has that frame of mind but I don't and I never will :!: They were a huge part of My life back in the day and it will always remain that way. Now unlike today's modern games, there was all of these secret codes, characters & things to find which was so darn fun to do, kids today has no clue how darn exciting it was and I hope there's some out there that either wants to learn the history of gaming that they missed or asked their guardians about it :) Here's the great picture I took so take a really good, I mean a really good gander at it :)

Here's a small little picture of NBA Jam as well as Sega's Eternal Champions. Look for a big Eternal Champions showcase in the future right here in My Video Game Collection Topic :shock: Here's Capcom's Super Street Fighter II and the new fighter female fighter, the hot British Cammy White, it says it's coming Next Month :o

Here's this Advance Controller Ad by STD Entertainment. Notice it's yet more Basketball :shock:

The following is some great quotes from last year when I showcased a huge Halloween Video Game Special :blbat:

BrandonDaCollector wrote:
Now before we get to the spooky video games of the 2000s & beyond when gaming was really changing here's some pages from My Game Players & Game Informer Magazines that I meant to post in My Baseball Video Game Collection but I didn't. Now I plan on showcasing these Magazines in time so for now here's this great content when gaming was darn fun ;) So first here's Game Player's review of Ken Griffey Jr's Major League Baseball & ESPN Baseball Tonight. Gosh look how cool that is which it was so fun during these days of when Games were Games & Baseball was Baseball :)

Here's a fun ad of ESPN's Baseball Tonight :)

Here's a contest to win the great video game consoles of the fun 16-Bit era and where you can buy Saturday Night Slam Masters, ESPN Baseball Tonight & Mortal Kombat plus video game books including Super Star Wars :shock:

Here's a close up of SNES's Super Star Wars plus SG 32X's Star Wars: The Arcade Game which I have greatly showcased them both. Look there's Sega's Jurassic Park which this year mark's it's 30th anniversary :shock:

So above I showcased SNES' Addams Family, while I don't own this game here's a rad ad to the sequel :blbat:

Here's cool section of Game Player's little write up for Night Trap's Cover Art :blww:

Here's a cool special to coincide with the 30th anniversary of Mortal Kombat I posted last month ;)

The above picture with Mortal Kombat Sega CD is actually the back Cover of My Game Players Magazine :shock: That will do it. I hope you liked and enjoyed this special 30th Anniversary that was from June, 1994 :) I have a lot more coming, stay alert to see what I have coming next, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Video Game Collection: Sega Dreamcast 25th Anniversar

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 09, 2024 11:47 pm

So over at My other Video Game Topic I celebrated the 25th Anniversary of Sega's last console they ever made which was the Dreamcast, you can see & talk about it in general here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-discussions/video-games-consoles-you-have-the-power-t1218-180.html

Now I've put together this special showcase for today because today is September the 9th, - 9/9/99 was the Launch Day of the system and I didn't want to miss the opportunity to do this :)

Image.

While I never owned a Sega Dreamcast. I have played one only once. It was at My old Target store at they're Video Game Department. I was so high on My Nintendo 64 in 1999 that there wasn't a system that could compare to it. When I played Dreamcast for that brief time, it was far different than the N64 and way different than Sega's other systems like Sega Genesis, CD & 32X aka the Tower of Power that I have. It was also almost like it was by a different company the way they games are, so I had no interest whatsoever in wanting one but in recent times I regret not giving it another chance. Like I said before, interest hurts in many ways. Now the video that I posted in My other Topic which see the link above, people were really anticipating it and it made a ton moolah but over time the sales dropped and the system fell & dropped hard and then it was only Nintendo & Sony with their N64 & Game Cube and Playstation until Microsoft suddenly came about with their XBOX. Sadly, Sega was out of the picture as they would only make games for those said companies :roll: You can blame the plebeians which you can always do that for so much. Sega Dreamcast was ahead of it's time as it had so many features including online play which is a craving for plebeians now. Well, what did you expect when plebeians hated Nintendo's Virtua Boy when people hated Virtual Reality back in 95, now VR is nothing but the rave especially since conditioned people are falling for Meta...gosh I hate that how people are so hypocritical :x Kids today probably don't even know about Sega Dreamcast is, gosh that's sad if that's true :roll: So in one of My Game Informer Magazines there was an Advertisement of the Sega Dreamcast Launch Date of 9.9.99...look at this very peculiar numerical date :shock:

Also the taglines of "It's Thinking" and It Knows It's Alive is a bit of predictive programming with the obsession of yesterday & today's A.I.

Also here's a Funcoland Ad of Dreamcast along with Playstation's Croc 2 which I love how this was back then :)

Here's the Funcoland logo which if you have been faithfully following Me then you know that I've showcased them before because their very important and if your ordered from them back in the day then they should be imperative to you too. Also, here's the 1999 Copyright :)

So here's My special Sega Dreamcast Collection Video Game for My Xbox 360. I showed the trailer of this great game in My other Topic. This came out in the year of the tone down of 2011 which is hard to believe it was that long ago. Here's the front Cover...

and the back Cover. As you see this includes Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, Space Channel 5: Part 2 & Sega Bass Fishing.

Here's the inside of the Case as you see the Game Disc & Booklet.

This was during the last days when video game companies still made Video Game Booklets. By time the mid 2010s, companies were less creative, it was stopped and the conditioning of not caring about that started which I will never be like that, I love the Game Booklets as much as the games themselves since I was a youngster. Here' a good look at the contents of the Booklet :)

Here's the back Cover of the Booklet that advertises Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1. This was exclusive to Xbox Live and was very much like the originals.

So that will do it for this very special showcase of the 25th Anniversary of Sega Dreamcast on September 9th that was originally launched on 9/9/99 :!: More great stuff to come soon, until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:42 pm

Wow, the Dreamcast is one of my all time favourite systems. Talk about underrated. It's one of the few original consoles of mine that I still own. I loved that system to death and got it initially for Fire Pro Wrestling D which in itself was an amazing game. So crazy that it's 25 years old now. The graphics were light years ahead of most anything else at the time and there were a lot of innovations like the VMUs, the style of controller was awesome to use and online play.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:49 am

Well, I'm glad that you liked the Sega Dreamcast Acid. That's cool you sharing your memories there, I love it when people do that, that's what I'm talkin' about and thanks for your reply as well :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 12, 2024 2:49 pm

You know, I've heard Fire Pro Wrestling mentioned over the years by a few people but I was never really sure what exactly it was. Was it some kind of import or something? I never came across anything like that.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:49 pm

I just a posted about it in My other Video Game Topic, I created that one for general conversions & questions like that...please go here to talk about it ---> https://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post53504.html#p53504
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to General Toy Discussions