Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:21 am

How about that 12 Angry Men :batrage: :smheat: :wwsmh:

Yes, back in the day I was really impressed but really IMO the 90s was THE time for the best Kaiju movies :) Here's the sequel. Gamera 2: Advent of Legion or Gamera: Attack of Legion that came out in 1996. This is such an awesome movie with new monsters. They are called Legion which are extraterrestrial Insectoid Symbiotic Silicon Biomorphs. There is a Mother (Queen) and her Soldiers plus more. Gamera looks different in this and is way more powerful than he was before :!: Tomorrow I will post the sequel that continues right after this and it will be the final one of the trilogy :shock: Here 2 Japanese trailers...like most of the Gamera & Godzilla films,they have great music :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:46 pm

Those look pretty good.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:23 am

Yes they sure did but more in a moment :)

I never seen bad Guys before...that's one I gotta see one day which there is a lot of wrestling talent there inlcuding Chuck Norris's teacher Gene LeBell :) Dang, the VHS cost $79.99...totally unbelievable how it was then :shock: Gosh makes Me think how much My Grandma paid for My WIllow & Ghostbusters together when they were brand new from BMG :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

First before I start...here's a big note that you should know. they rebooted it because Daiei was able to comeback for the 30th Anniversary of Gamera - 1965 - 1995 :) A second note is that the whole trilogy is directed by Shusuke Kaneko...in 2001 he would direct Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack which was equally as epic and dark in nature. Sometime fans call this era or time KANEKO and even the Kaijus like Gamera Kaneko or Baragon Kaneko. OK,the final Gamera movie from the Heisei Era is called Gamera: Revenge of Iris aka Gamera 3: Incomplete Struggle aka Gamera 3: Awakening of the Evil God came out in 1999. It takes place in real time three years after Legion. Now this one has a some deep story that has to do with Atlantis. The Gyaos from Legion is now Hyper Gyaos. Earth is depleted of it's Mana but it was the only way for Gamera to do so. Ayana Hirasaka, the girl in the thumbnails of the two Japanese trailers I provide below has hatred for Gamera as she believes he is responsible for the deaths of her family. She finds a weird creature in an ancient shrine and bonds with him...she names him Iris/Irys :!: He quickly grows and she has a telepathic link with him. He uses her as a host to grow stronger and she sends him to destroy Gamera :!: It's believed that the Atlanteans created Iris. He's a sacred Bird Demon "Ryuseicho" that is related to Gyaos this is possibly an ultimate form. This story is actually based on a real myth of Black Tortoise of the North and Vermilion Bird of the South, "the guardians of the north and south" which is great because in Godzilla vs. Megalon, remember the guys were talking about Mu and Lemuria :?: That part was also based on real legends, I don't know if you and you son caught that or not...movies just ain't all entertainment ;) So Gamera looks totally awesome here, he has a truly neater look and his shell is way more sharper. I love how Iris looks, you can tell he's a mutated/evolved specie of Gyaos. I'm glad that the movie came out in 1999 and not later which this year marks it;s 25th anniversary :shock:

American Trailer :!:

Amazing how Godzilla vs. Destroyah came out in 95 and that was the last of the Heisei Era films...Gamera: Guardian of the Universe came out that same year...Gamera vs. Irys was in 99 and the last of that series...then that same year Godzilla is rebooted with Godzilla Millennium/Godzilla 2000 :o Now Gamera has only a bit more. There's only 1 movie in the next reboot which I will post that next ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:06 pm

With the success in recent years of Godzilla I wonder if they'll make new Gamera films. I'd never heard of that wrestling film either, I was watching, as you may've guest, a biography on Bob Remus, hence all the Sarge stuff, and they mentioned that film.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:48 am

I see...yeah you find and learn something new everyday and it's good that you have a pattern like that too ;) I don't know about movies but I know about a new animated series that I'll get to in time.

Last year Me & Mom watched all the Star Trek films in order which is great. Ah yes, Star Trek: Generations. I recall it like it was last week when I first saw that at the show in 94. My Mom took Me there at the Kenrick. I was sick and adjusting to My new life for several months so this made Me feel a little better :) I wanted to see Kirk & Picard together so bad, it's still one of those moments of did that actually happen then your like yes it did ;)

As heard in the trailer you provided, Star Trek has some of the best scores ever and has one of the most memorable themes as well. Here's the great overture by Dennis McCarthy whom did wonders for Star Trek: The Next Generation series :)

So now fast forwarding to 2006. A lot has changed since 99. There was hardly if any Gamera media stuff going on (figures & toys don't count as Bandai and others were stilling making them) during the Millennium Era while Godzilla was still going strong but ending with Final Wars in 2004. So two years later Gamera get's rebooted once again. This movie's title is Gamera the Brave aka The Braves: Gamera :!: It's very different than the previous movies. Gamera is quite unique here. Gyaos is in the film and there is a new monster called Zedus whom is a giant sea Lizard which I love his design. Daimon & Kappa are seen as toys. The movie is good but it's not as dark natured as many of the previous ones and definitely not as epic as the 90's Heisei series but it's still a fine movie. I'll let the trailers do the further explaining ;)

Teaser

TV Spot

Trailer

More tomorrow ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:12 pm

Interesting music for those trailer. Very pop.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:36 am

I never seen The Class of 84, that was something else :shock:

OK well, that does it for the Gamera films. Most of the the original Gamera films are actually available for free on YouTube with good quality. You could use your Smart TV or son's XBOX One's YT App to watch them there. Tubi has a lot Kaiju movies as well. Here's a video from Arrow Video. I would have loved to have this collection especially with those books. Gamera always has some darn good music, they use the Gamera children's theme for the video :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:03 pm

Once a cobra bit Chuck Norris’ leg. After five days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:25 am

A force of One was a pretty good movie. It has it's 45th Anniversary this year :shock: It's was THE movie that determined that Chuck Norris is here to stay :!: It really has some good & surprising moments ;)

OK, now here's a little but big Gamera entry. this was a special at the New York Comic-Con in 2015. I mean this was huge back then. It's a short film only about 5 minutes. It's by Kadokawa Daiei Studio Co., Ltd. It's similar like a fan film but actually it's by Daiei so it's really official. I find this arguably the most impressive Gamera ever that has a huge inspirations of the Heisei Era Trilogy and I find it totally insane how incredible it is. I adore how Gamera roars during the silence in Toyko. The other monsters in it is of course Gyaos, Gamera's nemesis and the other one is simply called "Unnamed tentacled monster" or The New Monster". The music is superb. Watching this once isn't enough to appreciate how grand this is, put it on loop, you'll notice something new every-time...I've watched this countless times :) I chose this version because this has the trailer included with it ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:12 pm

That was something.

This...just looks weird...at least SCSA does, I mean.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions