Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:08 am

You gotta be alert for just anything PB, especially during these times. Yes, Gamera could do some tricks too ;)

Space Jam was good from what I recall, I haven't seen the movie since I saw it on HBO back in 96 however.

OK, now this Gamera movie is My favorite of them all...it's called Gamera vs. Jiger that came out in 1970. Jiger is one of My favorite Kaijus as well. I have always loved her design. She looks like an Amphibian/Reptilian Triceratops. The movie has a great story and the scenes are incredible...she hates humanity and just destroys all that she can. Now this trailer reveals major spoilers :roll:

This movie also goes by the name of Gamera vs. Monster X. My Grandparents recorded it for Me when it came on KPLR Channel 11...I recall that very well...I bet i watched this as much as I did as Godzilla 1985, Destroy All Monsters, Godzilla vs. Megalon & King Kong Escapes and that was a lot :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:00 pm

Those look like fun kids movies, far from what the earlier films looked like. Not that much different from the path Godzilla took by the 70s. They all seem to give off that Batman '66 kitsch like feel. I've caught parts of the original Space Jam over the years. Seems like it holds up well. Better than the newer one which I thought was tedious and boring.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:04 am

Oh yes, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. I remember seeing posters of that over at Verna's Mr. T's first location on Morgan Ford and I wanted to see it so My Grandma rented it. Its a funny ridicules film but quit entertaining. I bought it on VHS long after that. I'm vague on the other ones in the franchise however.

That's good and yeah, I have zero interest in the sequel at the moment.

Yes, they are and did kinda take that Godzilla & Batman route. Now this is the LAST of the original Gamera films. Daiei went bankrupt after this :roll: Like I said before, there's not that many Gamera films compared to Godzilla. OK, this one is called Gamera vs. Zigra :!: It's another alien adventure. Zigra is an extraterrestrial fish being that can he transform from UFO to Kaiju Fish kinda like a mixture of Shark & Sword Fish. Godzilla 2000 has a similar alien than can do the same thing. Gamera vs. Zigra came out in 1970. My Mom recorded this one for Me. I watched it a number of times back in the day and it's always good. Like Godzilla vs. The Smog Monster, it has a powerful message but this is about keeping the Oceans clean & safe. Here's the Japanese trailer :)

Here's the US trailer.

Now I know I said that this is the last of the originals but they made a special film in 1980...I'll post about that tomorrow ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:17 am

I always think of the scene from Pee Wee's Big Adventure when I see these kaiju fight scenes, lol.

And then I sing, "You're gonna burn in hell!"

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:42 am

How about that Pee-wee :o Minus the Pee-wee shenanigans that is kinda realistic of how they make them monster movies :) I did not know they rebooted The Toxic Avenger and that it's from Legendary, the company that co-makes the MonsterVerse movies :shock:

OK, so now here is the last of the original Gamera films. Now this was to be a revival but it didn't work. It's called Gamera Super Monster. Before I get in the details of that, let Me show you the Spacewomen. They are great.

Now the big tall gal is a beauty, she was a female Japanese woman wrestler...her name is Mach Fumiake. She was about 6 feet tall which is tall for a Japanese woman. I loved her look in the film with her short, styled hair and she's very sweet. One of the best looking women in any Kaiju film or really any movie to say the least :batwink:

OK, now this Gamera movie has nothing to do with the previous entries as it ignores it all and it's a whole new story about a dreaded space pirate and his female spacewoman goon that the Spacewomen must stop with the help of their little kid boyfriend whom Mach gave a special Turtle to that turns into Gamera. The movie is heavily inspired by Star Wars & DC Comics. ALL of the monsters that Gamera fought before are in the film via stock footage. It's kinda like All Monster Attack aka Godzilla's Revenge that I haven't showed yet because most of that was stock footage which Toho did a lot of. Now there is a couple things here for the major fan of Godzilla & Japanese stuff in general. There's a Godzilla poster in the film called Dodzilla, an animation of Galaxy Express 999 and even Kinnikuman from M.U.S.C.L.E. :o Oh this movie is something else and even though a lot of this has been seen before, it really works for this film so here's the Japanese Trailer :)

Here's the English trailer :)

Now there is one last original Gamera bit before I get to the reboot and boy that one is quite dandy ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:06 pm

That looks trippy.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:32 am

It was quite different yes but I never thought that. I actually never seen Attack of the Crab Monsters before, I never got to it but it looks really good.

OK, here's the last of the original Gamera movies. Now this movie was never made, it fell to Development Hell :roll: It is one of a ton of Kaiju films that never made it :roll: It's called Gamera vs. Garasharp that was originally supposed to come out in 1971 after Zigra :!: I've known about this since the early 2000s. This one would have been a great one. Garasharp was an enormous Kaiju, she would have rivaled even the Legendary/MonsterVerse Kaiju & Titans :o I have included 2 videos..this is all that exists which both shows you enough how the film would have been. Once your son get's into Gamera, show him these provided he hasn't already seen them...this is Kaiju history :)

Now the clips is from a special Laserdisc as a short film from 1991 :)

Japanese Version

American English version

Tomorrow I'll start the Heisei reboot which is also excellent :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:16 pm

Didn't know there were so many.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:15 am

Oh yes, there's a ton of Kaiju movies that weren't made. I love reading about them and seeing what could have been.

Ah Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer. that was something else. Last year for Halloween when I posted My MOTU Magazines I made sure I posted My Rainbow Brite ad from one of them ;)

OK, now back to Gamera. Gamera vs. Garasharp was the final of the original Gamera Showa Era. Now I'm starting with the reboot from the Heisei Era. Now you ignited this by posting that one trailer of it so what I'm doing is posting a different one from that same movie and that same movie is Gamera: Guardian of the Universe. When the Godzilla vs. Destroyah was out that finalized the Heisei series, Gamera made his triumph return. It came out in 1995 which you can tell that cause 95 was such a good year and the way movies were filmed you can just tell that, kinda like 93. Gamera has a cooler design but still has his iconic roar. His arc rival is Gyaos in the film. Like I said, he's to Gamera what King Ghidorah is to Godzilla. Gyaos is much larger and has a different design. Now this is actually the first of a trilogy which all three films are dark & epic. Daiei along with Nippon made it. Toho actually distributed it...kinda like Sideshow distributing Hot Toys :o Before you get involved watching these I suggest you continue after Gamera the Invincible, you'll get a bigger impact that way. I will post the sequel tomorrow :smgrin: Here's this English trailer :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:02 pm

In some ways that actually looks better than some of the Godzilla films from that same time.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions