Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:06 am

Yes, Godzilla Final Wars was different. I mean it's 2004 past 2001...so many movies were so fast paced so I mean even though this was the last of the classic Godzilla films, it was nothing like the movies prior to it. Did you see that twist of Monster X being King Ghidorah coming :?: I was quite surprised about it when I first saw that back when it came out when I bought the DVD over at Best Buy in Crestwood. I hope you read what I said about the US 98 Godzilla. You did catch that that the US Godzilla was in the film and he was called Zilla right :?: This was huge for Godzilla fans back then because many felt let down in 1998. So Sony did the unthinkable to satisfy fans by putting Zilla in the movie (again he is called GINO - Godzilla In Name Only by fans) and making Godzilla destroy him and redeeming himself and his fans :!: Tell your son if you haven't yet as this is a very important part of Godzilla history then he'll know what others knew before him :) Oh and about the Cat face...Godzilla's face always off & on looked like a cat...I always said ever since I was little that he's supposed to be a lizard yet he looks like a cat but I have always liked that :)

So now since you have that in mind I'm going to show you the 98 Godzilla film. This was huge for Me back then when Me, My Mom & Grandparents all went to the AMC Esquire (the same theater We saw the 89 Batman together) to see it. Here's one more teaser trailer.

Here's the actual trailer.

Here's his first appearance.

I loved his design as he actually looks like a lizard that he's supposed to be. Here's when the stupid military attacked him :x I'm not showing the ending, I hate how it ended and so did My Grandma, it's very sad and worse the 33 & 76 & 86 Kong films :(

Now the music is totally awesome. It's by David Arnold who did Stargate & Independence Day. It was very apropos since the same guys made them movies in 94 & 96 as well. It's one great huge score and quite underrated. Here's the main title...i love that choir :)

So If you never seen the 98 version that will give you a hint of it and this also should give you the whole bit & reason about Zilla aka GINO in Godzilla Final Wars.

As a bonus, here's the Godzilla Animated Series that was like a sequel to the film...I found the cartoon way more satisfying the movie.

As a super bonus here, last year I showcased a lot of movie stuff in My all-crucial Odds & Ends that had anniversaries. You can see it all plus much more here --->

http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-toy-discussions/my-odds-ends-insane-keychain-t1176-120.html

Here's My picture I took of many but not all of My 98 Godzilla items as I have the VHS Movie, Button, Movie Book, Cartoon VHS and My Edy's Ice Cream Godzilla Cartoon that I never wanted to throw away becuase it was so gorgeous plus the great Soundtrack & the excellent Movie Score.

Tomorrow I'll post more, I haven't finished the Showa Era yet but I might start the Heisei Era...we'll see ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:33 pm

I never seen the 1998 movie. I was kind of burned out on big budget CGI movies by then, and with Godzilla not really looking like Godzilla, I never actually bothered to see it. Back to Final Wars, I thought the Monster X reveal was pretty neat, as I didn't expect that. My son knew who all the kaiju were, so I had to ask him a few times who some of them were.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:55 am

That's something, you missed one biggest blockbusters ever and one of the biggest let downs ever. It is a shame that you and your son didn't get the connection about Zilla in Final Wars cause it was so huge back in 2004 and so on however it's great that you were surprised about the twist of Monster X :) Sounds like your son is getting pretty educated about Kaiju, he must know the Eras then too cause that is an important factor. I knew most of them by time I was 10 and there was no web at the time, I knew them just by watching the films then more would come out then there was more to know :shock:

I never seen Rumble nor Tallagega Nights.

OK, getting back on track here, I'm going to continue the Showa Era then I'll move to the Heisei Era which are the movies after Godzilla 1985. First here's Rodan! This was Rodan's FIRST appearance in his own movie in 1956. He is actually Toho's third Kaiju. There is another monster in this called Meganulon...it's a nymph of a prehistoric Dragonfly which is spin on the real species that lived during the Jurassic era :shock:

Here's the US trailer which is much different than the Japanese one.

Here's the Main Title by Akira Ifukube :!: Movies were still really classic during this time which you can by watching and listening to this :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:45 pm

King Kong vs Godzilla was pretty good. King Kong looked a little wonky at times, but I realize how old these are so...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:58 am

I never seen nor knew about Avengers of Justice. how about that, HBK is a part of that. that quote he said...Stop Your Grinnin' and Drop your linen. That was a famous line made by Bill Paxton from his role in 1986's Aliens. My Grandpa loved that and would say it all the time. He loved that quote & Paxton and it just caught on to him :(

First, Rodan was THE FIRST Toho Kaiju film in COLOR :o I'm glad you liked King Kong vs. Godzilla. Yes, Kong looked alright, that's why i said he looked much better in King Kong Escapes. OK, I know you said you saw it already but i wanted to posted it anyway. Here's Destroy All Monsters. I don't know if you know this but this movie was actually supposed to be a grand finale for Godzilla as well for the other Kaijus. Thsi was also a big one because Manda, Varan, Gorosaurus, and Baragon were not in Godzilla films before so this was a major crossover at the time. I really love Mando.Notice that they killed King Ghidorah in this film :?: This was the big sequel to Ghidorah & The Astro Monster movies that I posted the other day. Here's the Japanese trailer.

Now My Grandparents recorded it for Me on KPLR TV Channel 11. This was quite big for Me when I was a youngster. Here's the US trailer.

Here's this iconic theme by Akira Ifukube...Oh this is so good :)

A new Godzilla movie tomorrow :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:41 pm

I didn't know that, but it was cool seeing all the monsters in one film. Kind of like the 2019 version. We watched vs Megalon today. We're definitely far from Godzilla '54, lol. But it was enjoyable enough. It gave me some serious Saturday afternoon matinee feels as these were the films that would be on after the cartoons all ended at lunchtime. Definitely felt of the era as it made me think of stuff like The Incredible Hulk tv show and Shazam! I know we're watching them in random order, but I just ask my son what he wants to watch next and he picks out whatever he wants, so that's how we decide. He mentioned the 90s Godzilla vs Mothra so that might be next.

I know I've done Slap Shot before, but in honor of the passing of Paul D'Amato, here's a different theatrical trailer...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:19 am

Yes, I recall you posting Slap Shots before. that's a shame about him, may he RIP :roll: Like I said before, Megalon is one of My favorites and yes, your really skipping around here. You haven't seen some that was before Destroy All Monsters & Megalon :shock: OK, since your son wants to watch the 90s Mothra, he really should continue the story after Godzilla 1985 because like I said, the Heisei Era is one big story that shouldn't be skipped but of course if story & continuity and feeling & knowing the impact is not an issue then see them randomly. So If story & continuity is important than any Godzilla fan should watch them in the following order and there's not many of them so tell your son about this VERY IMPORTANT RATIO and keep this for REFERENCE as well :)

So first watch Return of Godzilla 1984/Godzilla 1985 FIRST since it is the start of the REBOOT. I know he already seen it but he saw it on his phone which is so small, I'm sure the impact didn't hit him especially the emotional ending.

OK, so AFTER Godzilla 85 is GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE :!: This came out in 1989...35 years ago this year and it continues RIGHT AFTER Godzilla 1985 as he escapes the Volcano that he fell into. When I was a kid, probably 11 or 12 or so I found this over at Blockbuster and I was astounded because i knew nothing about it nor knew that they made movies after Godzilla 1985....so Godzilla was NEW to Me once more. This is such an incredible movie. before Sony bought the rights from Toho to show in the States, HBO actually did for this one but it was the only one however :shock:

GODZILLA VS. KING GHIDORAH from 1991...this is arguably THE best Godzilla movie EVER MADE! This is such a superb movie as it has the origins of both Kaijus including Godzillasaurus and this IS THE MOVIE that King Ghidorah becomes MECHA-KING GHIDHORAH...watch the trailer :o

OK, this is the one that your son wants to see PB...Godzilla vs. Mothra: The Battle For Earth from 1992 :!: It's also one of the best Godzilla movies ever. This continues right after GVK :!: This is the movie with the Black Mothra...BATTRA :!:

Next is GODZILLA VS. MECHAGODZILA II from 1993. This has a completely different story than the one in 74 & 75. He looks quite different than the previous version. Fire Rodan is in this which this is the Rodan version the MonsterVerse movie is called "The Fire Demon" was inspired by :shock:

Here's GODZILLA VS. SPACEGODZILLA from 1994...30 years ago this year. This is the most unusual entry in the whole Heisei series and has major plot points from GODZILLA VS. BIOLANTTE. Moguera is in this one from the Mysterians but he is a bit different however :o I just love Spacegodzilla :)

OK, here's the final one...GODZILLA VS. DESTROYAH :!: It's truly an astonishing film and this one is the one that was an inspiration for Nuclear Godzilla in the MonserVerse as Godzilla becomes Burning Godzilla which like Godzilla 1985 has a very emotional ending but this time...well see the trailer.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:00 pm

The 92 vs Mothra was pretty good. Did the asteroid destroying Earth in 1999 ever go anywhere? That's where Mothra left for space to destroy it at the end. Like I said, I'm letting him pick what he wants to watch, being 10 I'm sure the actual human storylines don't matter much, so next he wants to watch vs Hedorah, so back to the 70s we go, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:02 am

I never knew about What To Do with the Dead Kaiju :shock:

Well When I posted the videos, The humans storylines wasn't on My mind...it's all about the monsters. You met Godzilla 92 before Godzilla 91 & 89. That's the way it ended and that was Mothra & Battra's only appearance in the Heisei Series. It's possible it continued in the Heisei Era Rebirth of Mothra Trilogy Movies cause she had her own series but I never saw them before so I can't say much about them.

Tell your son that Destroy All Monsters was supposed to be the Godzilla/Kaiju finale but people wanted more monsters so they made Godzilla vs. Hedorah which was one of the first movies about Toxic & Ozone stuff and it's pretty good.

Now the US Title is called Godzilla vs. The Smog Monster :!:

BONUS :!: In this clip from WCW in early 1996 as there's a bit of a civil war between the Dungeon of Doom...Loch Ness is attacked by the Giant...at 1:23 LISTEN to Mongo Micheal as he say's it a Japanese Monster Movie...it's Godzilla vs. The Smog Monster...this has always been in My mind ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:56 pm

Watched Hedorah today. It was ok. Looked like Godzilla was fighting a carpet half the time, and the environmentalism was a bit heavy handed. Not the best outing. Next up he wants to watch Megaguirus, so it's back to the 90s, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions