Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:23 am

Ah 2001's Valentine, an apropos movie for Valentine's day :blww: I featured that in My Horror Topic for last year. Cool that you wanted to do a little bit of the film as well ;) I have been seriously thinking about doing more for My Horror Topic but I just haven't had the time with My showcases and stuff but soon I plan on it :blbat:

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Image

Wikipedia page is here --->https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine_(film)

So today is Valentine's Day and I hope you are having a good time with your better half if your lucky enough to have one :) I thought that this was quite apropos to post this once big & hyped up slasher/killer movie from 2001. This was basically the last of the classic films of the genre as times would change and just wouldn't allow for the same type of films like this to have the feel & atmosphere of it as a whole :roll: I'm not going to go about the movie in-depth however I will talk about some of the cool women which there were several in it and they were...

Katherine Heigl, Denise Richards, & Marley Shelton. Now I was never a huge Richards fan, I think she was overexposed like a lot of actresses. Don't get Me wrong, back in the day I found her hot and sultry which really I think she never reached what she could really do on screen :? :batconfused: :wwwink: :smgasp: It's just that she's one of those that is so sky high with the critics, media & fans like she's the only one. I think of this a lot like with Marilyn Monroe, sure she was wow and all of that but she wasn't the only one...you never hear people talk about
Christine McIntyre and even Janet Leigh...I found them way more talented...sorry but Monroe wasn't the only one. the thing is you hardly ever hear anything about Richards anymore period which is really a shame yet it may show how people really cared about her :roll: As I had said before in PB's movie topic about Fairuza Balk, I have always been attracted to and liked the mature/older gal and the girl/women that is considered to be unattractive and/or nobody else wants. Well I really liked Marley in this movie and in fact this was the first film I saw her in. I found her really cool. I have seen her in others since and she is till really good :) Now My fave of the three is Heigl which I'll talk about her in a sec :shock:

So this was the theird film that I noticed Katherine Heigl in which the first was 1995's Under Siege 2: Dark Territory and the second one was 1998's Bride of Chucky which was 25 years ago this year :o I loved how thick she was and just how nice she looked. It's really a shame that her role was really cut short (pun intended there). Sometimes I think they place these actors in the wrong roles for the wrong reasons but that is just Me :roll: I have seen her in many other movies since but arguably this is the best she's ever looked IMO :batwink:

Here is the Trailer!

Here is one of the main songs of the soundtrack...Superbeast by Rob Zombie, I've always digged that :!:

And here is the main theme of the score by Don Davis (The Matrix Trilogy, Jurassic Park ///), it's really good :blbat:

GIFS :blbat: :blww: :blsm: :blmm: :blhal: :blbaf:

Really nice :!:

The Killer :!:

So that will conclude this special little entry of 2001's Valentine on none other than Valentine's Day, until the next entry have a good one :batsmile: :wwwink: :smsmile:

OK, well when you saw Destroy All Monsters... you saw Minilla...the Son of Godzilla and also Spiga aka Kumunga. Well they first appeared in 1967's Son of Godzilla...here's the Japanese & US trailers :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:16 pm

We actually watched Son of Godzilla as it was part of that marathon. Godzilla is kind of a dick as a father, lol. I just saw Comet TV has another marathon next Sunday with King of Monsters, vs Megalon, and Son of Godzilla so might try to catch those, especially since Megalon has the single greatest Godzilla moment ever!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:57 am

Yeah, is Minilla actually his son? I've seen that before but it's been a while.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:51 am

I suppose he possibly isn't and that could explain Godzilla's behavior. Where's a Maury Povich kaiju when you need him? Why isn't that a Robot Chicken sketch?
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:25 am

Well that's good that you saw Godzilla vs. Megalon. That was a few movies ahead there in the series after Son of Godzilla. That's the problem I always had with TV stations and they play stuff out of order/out of sync. That's actually one of My favorite Godzilla films and Toho was really doing the Arthropod/Insect/Bug Kaijus by then in 1973. That was Gigan's second appearance a she had his movie before this. Jet Jaguar aka Robot Man was really cool.

Acid - No, he was adoptive...Toho didn't the do the Asexual stuff then. That wasn't told till later,

Here's one of My big favorites of Toho. The sequel to Frankenstein Conquers the World...It's called War of the Gargantuas from 1966 :!: I never knew about the film till one day when I saw it for rent at Star Video in 91 or 92...I recall that moment when I was really excited like it was last week. The monsters are Gaira & Sanda and Giant Octopus aka Oodako. Here's the Japanese & US trailers :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:36 pm

Never realized how many movies there were.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:46 am

Yes, there was a lot back then in the 60s, 70s & 80s but the 90s/Heisei Era is My favorite. I'll be getting to them ;)

That one there is by The Asylum. Remember we talked about them a while back. They make their own movies to coincide with the big budget ones. Sometimes I find their movies as fun if not more satisfying than the big ones. I haven't seen Ape vs. Mecha Ape yet but but I have seen the first one but more on that I sec. Now the other day I showed you King Kong Escapes which is such a good one. Clearly this is a twist on that and this Mecha Ape resembles Mechagodzilla in Legendary's Godzilla vs. Kong :shock: Now this is actually the sequel to the Asylum's Ape vs. Monster that came out a little while back which that trailer of Ape vs. Mecha Ape showed a little stock footage from that one...here's the trailer to the decent film :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:33 pm

We started watching Final Wars tonight but my son was so tired from two hockey games that he fell asleep about an hour in, so we'll have to finish Sunday. He wants to watch the original Godzilla vs King Kong next. Final Wars is...interesting. It kind of reminds me Sharknado with it's special effects. Of course, it's 20 years older, so the effects should be pretty iffy. We just got to the part where they're planning to go to the South Pole, so need to watch the rest tomorrow. Maybe we'll get to Ape vs Monster eventually, too.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:11 am

I never seen nor knew about Colossal. I bet he is tired :o Well that's good he wan't to see the original King Kong vs. Godzilla. It was quite big for Me when I was his age or younger :) Final Wars is pretty good. Now your into the Millennium Series, you shipped a whole era now :o Here, let Me show you. you go by who was the Emperor of Japan so with the Godzilla years you go by Showa era is 1954 - 1975 ---- Heisei 1984 - 1995 and Millennium is 1999 - 2004. There's a lot that I haven't posted yet...I haven't even begun the 90s yet which like I said is My favorite era and I suggest you see them in order because it's one big story that shouldn't be cherry picked other wise you won't get the big feeling about it...kinda like watching Attack of the Clones then Return of the Jedi...it just ain't good that way or at least it isn't for Me.

I could post more trailers rapidly for you know these and more...let Me know :)

Godzilla Final Wars was last of the original Godzilla movies. Godzilla didn't come back till 2014, 10 years ago this year with the start of the MonsterVerse. Now I'm posting the trailer to it here because there is one huge thing for any Godzilla fan to know especially if their beginners which I'm sure your Son doesn't know about this and if he loves Godzilla and will continue to do so like I did then he'll be very glad that he learned this for his future :) So in 1998...they came out with a USA Godzilla movie...to many it was a epic failure...OK now fast forward to Godzilla Final Wars...SONY put that VERSION of Godzilla in it which went by the popular name as GINO (Godzilla In Name Only) and the REAL Godzilla fought him :o At 1:35 in the trailer look for it...this is one of the biggest things for any Godzilla fan should know :)

OK, remember for New Year's I posted a Godzilla teaser and that I said that Me & My Family saw the Godzilla 98 at the show because it was really big for Us :?: As a bonus, here's this teaser trailer...I'll post more about the 98 version in time :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:16 pm

Final Wars was ok. It's like they were looking through the VHS section at Blockbuster and saw Independence Day, X-Men, and The Matrix were all really popular, so they tossed them in a blender to make a Godzilla movie, lol. And the design of Godzlla, every time they showed his head all I could think of was that cat meme!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions