Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:57 am

I've only seen clips of the original Lost World, still need to see it, Amazing how that predated King Kong by nearly a decade :o I love the classical era of Dinosaurs :)

Yes, I had My issues with Shin Godzilla with him being very inanimate and all that but I liked how it was filmed. Now the scene when he makes it to show and you see all of that of Tokyo and when you see the railroad and the big view of him from below...I thought that was totally awesome...one of the best scenes ever in a Godzilla film IMO. As far as the ending...I would have loved to see small humanoid Godzilla running around rampaging the city like the aliens is A Quiet Place. To bad that didn't happen. The Cloverfield franchise isn't considered a Kaiju one anymore, with 10 Cloverfield being Aliens & the Cloverfield Paradox explaining what is really going on...it became a mishmash of things.

Educational Trivia NOTE #1: Now for somebody that's a huge Godzilla & Kaiju fan, you always want to see the original Japanese version as it's the true way of watching it. Back in the early days of the web to the early/mid 2000s, there was a really good Kaiju community talking about the movies and showing their figure, soundtrack among other Kaiju collections. I was a bit part of this community. You had hard working people making web pages dedicated to the whole Kaiju Hobby and I loved it when they'd post the bios of the monsters. This was before the days of Wikias & Fandoms where every Joeblo & their cousin could edit them. I knew most of the stores that went directly to Japan and imported items to sell here in the States and I bought some of them including My Godzilla 1984/1985 Score & Banpresto Godzilla 2000 Vinyl figure, My Bandai Gamera Memorial Box Set o Vinyl figures to mention a few. These were during better times before Amazon & eBay was huge and before the big bang of social media, YT didn't even exist yet. Off and on back then I was going thru a Godzilla & Kajiu craze and gosh I miss those days a lot :roll:

Here's Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster from 1964, now this IS THE FIRST appearance of Monster Zero and would be the first battle of Godzilla's arch-nemesis. This is the story that was inspired by and retold in the MonsterVerse Godzilla: King of the Monsters. You can see the similarities & differences. Here's the Japanese trailer.

Educational Trivia NOTE #2: While you get the true experience of watching them in Japanese whether you understand the language via subtitles or not, the US versions I find better because there's added stuff here & there like alternate scenes and even major plot points like Raymond Burr in Godzilla 1985. Here's the US trailer version :)

Here's the Main Title music by Akira Ifukube. he was a legend there in Japan and quite frankly to Me here is in America as well. It's so great when 1:24 starts :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:52 pm

So we watched Minus One tonight, and it wasn't only a terrific Godzilla movie, it was a really good movie in general. Probably the best human story I've seen from these movies. There was just enough smashy smash in it, too. Much better than Shin Godzilla. I would recommend seeing it for sure.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:50 am

Well that is good you liked Godzilla Minus One. Varan The Unbelievable is one of the few that I have never seen before. Maybe one day ;)

Here's the sequel to Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster, 1965's Invasion of Astro-Monster/Godzilla vs. Monster Zero!

Here's the excellent theme by Akira Ifukube, I just love this one :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:12 am

That's one I wanted to watch soon.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:46 am

Well watch the first Ghidorah first when he is first introduced plus with these , they are the first entres of aliens within the Godzilla story and that's why it was big in G:KOTK that they still kept Monster Zero as an alien :) I recall Draft Day when it was being hyped 10 years ago this year in 2014 but I never seen the actual film.

So continuing the origins of the MonsterVerse retelling, here is the original King Kong vs. Godzilla Japanese trailer from 1962 :!:

Oh I recall it a lot when My Grandparents recorded the American film on TV, I believe it was on KPLR-TV Channel 11 when I was a youngster :) Here's the US trailer. Like Godzilla 1985, this has many USA scenes and makes it like a special edition or even a new film :)

Tomorrow I'll post King Kong Escapes which was also great :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:59 pm

Another one we need to watch.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:26 am

I never seen The Longest Yard either. That looked pretty authentic when Football was Football :)

Yes, 62's King Kong vs. Godzilla is a must. It was actually only Godzilla's third movie which really gave him the comeback he needed as 55's Godzilla Raids Again wasn't a hit. This also gave Kong a somewhat rise to further stardom. Allow Me to explain and follow Me here :)

Rankin/Bass (originally Videocraft) who made the classic Rudolf Stop-Motion plus much more along with Toei Animation (owned by Bandai Namco & Sony) who did the original Voltron series decided to make a King Kong cartoon/animated series in 1966. It was one of THE first cartoons of the kind. Here is the INTRO of the Rankin/Bass King Kong Show. It actually lasted for 3 seasons (1966 - 1969) and even had in the inclusion of Tom of T.H.U.M.B. in 1967. This will give you a good idea of how it was and paid true to Kong materiel including many prehistoric animals and him fighting Theropod (Beast Feet Carnivores) Dinosaurs :)

OK, now here is one of the main things of the entire series. His nemesis was Mechani-Kong. He was created by Dr. Who. Dr. Who ISN'T the same Dr. Who in the British TV shows though there are similarities. You see that Kong is a hero here and not a dreaded kaiju.

OK, so that cartoon was a big hit. Right away Toho decided to bring Kong back as a movie star once again with a new film called King Kong Escapes in 1967. It is based in segments of the cartoon :o Kong looks different but really has improved and has a really good personality. It has the same type of elements from the previous movies like Kong wanting the blond woman, fighting other creatures like a giant Serpent & Theropod and so forth. Remember Gorosaurus from Destroy All Monsters :?: Well this is his FIRST appearance and he's always been one of My favorites :shock: Also Mechani-Kong is in this and he predated Mechagodzilla by almost a decade :!: Dr. Who is in it as well and the woman with him is Mie Hama, she was in the first one, Godzilla vs. King Kong as well and she was also a Bond girl in You Only Live Twice from 1967 which is one of My favorite 007 movies. Here's the Japanese trailer to King Kong Escapes :)

I recall My Mom recording this for Me when I was a youngster, I watched it all that time as it's one heck of a movie :) Here the US trailer.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:54 pm

Don't think I ever saw that King Kong cartoon before.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:17 am

Mighty Joe Young was a good one. When the climax is concerned, it has a much better one than King Kong. I have a special 3 pack DVD set of King Kong & Son of Kong 1933 and Mighty Joe Young 1949. It was pretty cool when they first released that set. This is yet another ape movie of the gorilla craze that I was talking about. The 1998 remake is really good too.

I guess you never seen King Kong Escapes either. I suggest you see them especially King Kong Escapes, it's really one of the best that Toho made.

OK, here is the supposed sequel to King Kong vs. Godzilla which I'll explain that in a moment. The movie is called Ebirah, Horror of the Deep aka Godzilla, Ebirah, Mothra: Great Duel in the South Seas that came out in 1966.

Originally, the movie was going to be called Operation Robinson Crusoe: King Kong vs. Ebirah starring King Kong instead of Godzilla. There is things that Godzilla does like drawing strength from electricity and has a crush of Daiyo, the female lead in the picture which is traits that King Kong has cause Godzilla never has any affection toward any human being as he has the reptile mind of thinking. Also none of Godzilla's foes in the film possess a special ability and this is why Godzilla attacked Mothra despite he was allies with her prior as Kong had never met Mothra which would have been one heck of an encounter...Kong & Mothra! So Rankin/Bass Productions had provided Toho with the license to Kong in order to co-produce a tie-in film to coincide for their cartoon The King Kong Show, Of course good ol' critics felt that the film did not follow the show close enough so Toho replaced King Kong in the film with Godzilla and then made King Kong Escapes instead that very next year in 1967 :o

OK, so keep that in mind. Before you see the trailer meet Kumi Mizuno as Daiyo. She was in many Toho films including Invasion of the Astro-Monster which was before this. She is one of the best looking female characters in all Godzilla films and one of My favorites. Here's this collage & gif that I made of her :batwink:

OK, now that you saw the beauty in this movie here's the Japanese trailer which you can clearly tell that this movie was meant for King Kong and NOT Godzilla :)

As you saw the movie is pretty exciting. Ebirah's name means Shrimp in Japanese even though he's a ginormous Red Lobster. I love how Toho was introducing more Arthropod species besides Mothra :) Oh the movie also goes by the name Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster in the US.

My Grandparents recorded this one for Me when I was a youngster. It was always fun to watch :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:28 pm

Nope, don't recall ever seeing that one.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions