Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:41 am

Yeah, a lot of people are like that but keep in mind, these were so revolutionary at the time. Mine, your's practically everybody's great Grandparents and other Elders all had a ball watching them going to the theater and also keep in mind is all they heard was the music :) Last year when Me & My Mom watched almost ever Universal Monster film in yearly order for Halloween and really a bit beyond that as well. We saw The original Hunchback of Notre Dame for the first time and this version was superb, it had such a wonderful score, gosh it was wonderful and it had some boldish stuff in it too :)

I never saw the Gold Diggers of 1933, that looked pretty good. There was some nice looking women in that too :batwink: Hard to believe that was 90 years ago this year :o By this time however people were getting used to the voices & dialog in films.

So fast forwarding in time to 1962. Here's a movie before it's time however things were changing by this time in films though there was ones in the 50s which you can tell they were getting bolder however there was still stuff in years prior that seemed way out there. Anyway, this film is called The Intruder and stars WWE Hall of Famer, William Shatner. Before he was James Tiberius Kirk in Star Trek, he was Adam Cramer in The Intruder :!: Watch :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:36 am

Wow, I never saw that. It certainly looks incendiary,

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:49 am

I never saw Pennies from Heaven before, looked good :)

Oh indeed it is PB, I was quite in awe about it when I first saw it. To kill a Mockingbird came out in the same year :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:01 am

Never saw that. Or read the book.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:49 am

How about that. I never saw Singin' in the Rain but I've see the clips a ton of times however.

So here's a big one & another favorite of Mine before I get to Big Trouble in Little China, as you saw above it's COMMANDO that stars Arnold Schwarzenegger :!: He plays John Matrix. Back in August I showcased a My giant John Matrix action figure in My Vintage Action figure Topic here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post48390.html#p48390. If you haven't seen My good presentation yet then do so, you won't regret it because there' a major surprise there too and since it' coming close to Halloween you can check out My fun Mell Appel's Weird Ball Flyweight Wrestlers that I have always crossed-over with My M.U.S.C.L.E. Men and there's some cool bonuses there as well :)

Now overseas the film goes by the name Phantom Commando which sounds spooky which the film is not, there's nothing horrific about it accept a one man army killing the bad guys to get his precious daughter back :batwink:

So Arnold is a retired Special Forces Colonel on a rescue mission in this grand 1985 actioner. Like I said in My other showcase with the link above, this is THE movie that got Me hooked on him and the one where he became one of My action heroes of My childhood. Sure, I saw him as Conan & The Terminator prior but this was THE one however others like Predator, Total Recall & Kindergarten Cop were just great ones to anticipate :) Guys like Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Lee & Chuck Norris were great but Arnold was far different, he was almost like a wrestler, an alternate to Hulk Hogan and was so awesome in My youngster mind which look years later how he would become a WWE Hall of Famer :shock:

His daughter Jenny is played by a 13 year old Alyssa Milano. I had a crush on her during My youngster years, even when I still see her in this film I recall that and she grew up to be a hottie.

She is kidnapped by a band of Mercenaries led by John's ex-squad member Bennet played by 1981's Mad Max: The Road Warrior's Wez, Vernon Wells. He's almost unrecognizable here. He's a big dude but has no muscles compared to Arnold. He's really a good villain and quite frankly one of the best in all of Schwarzenegger's movies.

However, the true bad guy is played by Dan Hedaya. His character is Arius, a former South American dictator that is responsible for all of this including the blackmail of assassination and the Guerrilla War :!: This was the first film I saw him in and ever since when I see him in anything including 91's Addams Family I'm like it's him from Commando :batwink:

Here's the bad guys including Bill Duke who would play Mac two years later in 1987's Predator :o

It also stars Rae Dawn Chong. She's just a bystander that unintentionally get's herself in b]Matrix's[/b] battle due to Sully whom is one of the goons hired but when she finds out the truth about Matrix and that he isn't some psycho, she becomes a great ally. She was one of the first black type of women that I really liked in a film. She really reminds of Elisabeth Shue the way her face is shaped and her expressions are similar. She was going places for a while but then she just faded away. After all of these years I still find her really nice looking, hot yet cool, she is truly one of the classic babes of the 80s :batwink:

Now Chelsea Field has a small role as a Flight Attendant. She would play Teela two years later in 1987's Masters of the Universe live action film :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

In a very brief cameo Bill Paxton is in Commando. I recently spotlighted Twister that he starred in. This is actually the second of three movies that he was in with Arnold with the first being The Terminator and the third being True Lies. He is notorious because he is one of only two actors (the other being Lance Henriksen) of being in a Terminator, Alien & Predator film. This was always huge around the household and My Grandpa loved Paxton, he would say many of his quotes & lines from his movies all the time :(

Here's a poster collage that I made of the cast of Commando plus more :)

Here's the trailer!

A few gifs ;)

Now it has a great soundtrack and it's all by the late great legendary James Horner!. First he wrote this great song that is the tagline of the movie and it was the end credits :o He was such a such a genius :)

Now he also wrote a tremendous score which really he trended the "sound of music" that you knew it was an Arnie film. They finally released the score in the 2000s and My Mom got it for Me for Christmas :)

Not that long ago, I made special tribute spotlight to James Horner in My great Composer Topic. Please check it out here---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post47828.html#p47828. You won't regret it, he was one of the best and really My Grandpa's favorite. Soon I'm going to add his Part 2 & 3 before I get to one of My favorite horror composers who is also a legend and that's Christopher Young for Halloween :blbat:

So I hope you liked that. My next Arnold movie will be Stephen King's The Running Man which is also atop favorite of Mine when I was a youngster. However My next big spotlight will be Big Trouble in Little China which will be soon :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:37 pm

That was a good movie. I didn't realize Teela was in it.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:56 am

Yep, it sure was, two years before MOTU ;)

Oh I recall the hype of Shrek in 2001, I believe I saw them all accept for the recent of Puss in Boots: The Last Wish. their all good films. Mike Myers + Murphy, Diaz & Lithgow ;) The music was by Media Venture members Harry Gresgon-Williams & John Powell that did some recent entries we've posted. They made the movie even more magical with their great score and choir :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:05 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:46 am

I never saw on the Waterfront. I was never a Marlon Brando fan, I've only seen clips & trailers but I know the music. It was by Leonard Bernstein. It's a tremendous classic score. First off he isn't related to Elmer even though they look like they could be brothers. There has been a coined/trended nicknames for a way to tell them apart. Elmer is from New York so he is known as Bernstein West and Leonard is from Massachusetts so he is known as Bernstein East. When I hear this music and others from this time I think of My Grandpa and I can just see him and envision great times of not only Me & him together but when he was first getting into classical music & movie scores when he was young :) That's a great beauty about music, it can really improve your mind and make you think of things :) Now this short little cue is really sweet, in fact this is his official YT channel, when I post about composers, I try to get their official cues from their official YT channels, notice when I posted James Horner's cues for Commando, that was is official one :) In this track of Bernstein's, you can just hear that era of the 50s whether you were born then or not. Within the video, it's cover is from Leonard's "New York" and it's really a great picture of himself :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:50 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions