Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:02 pm

Raising Arizona is pretty good. It's a bit quirky. The Rock was good as well. I know people make fun of Nicholas Cage at times, but I've never really seen a movie of his I didn't enjoy.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:04 am

Yeah, people :roll: I never saw that one either. That's when cage was becoming a star but didn't become a big one till the Rock.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:05 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:52 am

I really never got involved with the The Simpsons so I never saw the movie. I recall seeing the trailers at the shows/theaters however. The music is done really well but this time it's not by Danny Elfman, it's by Hans Zimmer whom I've been talking about recently I mean he's like your top composer for a long time now and with the help of his colleagues his work & sound is really spreading :!: He doesn't ignore Elfman's iconic theme though he did it arguably even better and he really doesn't use the sound he's known found as it sounds classical, listen to how crisp sounding this is :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:48 pm

Hmm, I would've assumed it was Elfman but I honestly didn't pay that much attention to it. The movie was pretty good. I thought it would've been better, though.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:12 am

Ah National Treasure, this was yet another great Nicolas Cage movie. The movie had so much in it, Illuminati, Freemason, the Cap Stone :o This is one of many big epics of Jerry Bruckheimer and this was the first film I saw Diane Kruger in. Ever since I first saw her she was always one I was like, oh it's her :batwink: Sean Bean, Jon Voight, Harvey Keitel & Christopher Plummer is in it too. I've never seen the sequel nor the TV show though, I just never got around to'em. This also has a remarkable score story. Disney Records made a regular release of the soundtrack by Media Venture member Trevor Rabin. Disney apparently didn't make enough as they should have because it was unexpectedly really popular and actually went out of print really fast, way faster than it should have. Usually regular score & soundtrack releases don't go out of print for at least a couple years. Oh I recall it like yesterday by in 2004 or so when the movie was hot. Nobody had a copy of it in stock, not even Amazon :shock: Thank goodness I landed a good finding and deal on the bay and really at a decent price. About twenty years later it's still one of the most rarest Soundtracks on CD to find and goes for top dollar brand new or even used. Oh it was so fun collecting scores and being part of history like this :) Here's the main theme, I love that choir, Rabin does it like his mentor Hans Zimmer :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:53 pm

t was a pretty good film. It's one of my wife's favs.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:20 am

Well that's good :) Gone in 60 Seconds was a really and exciting one too and part of the absolute huge lineup of great films in the year 2000. Cage was fine as always. Angelina Jolie was pretty hot in it.

Delroy Lindo, Will Patton and Timothy Olyphant have good roles and it was so cool that this is the first movie I saw Scott Caan in, the son of the late great James Caan.

Trevor Rabin did the score for this one as well. It's really cool when you follow composers and that you see that they did more than one film with the same actor there, it can lead you to a lot of fun connections and even movies and TV shows you never knew or forgot. It really "pays" to pay attention to this type of content because of your favor actors, directors etc. It makes the movie so much more exciting too especially if you listen to the score before you see the film, IMO there is very few things as fun as that because once you know that score then your like ok, here we go!

Listen to how fun this cue is by Trevor Rabin, it sounds a bit like Twister with a bit of his Deep Blue Sea & 6th Day thrown. It sound techno which is really good. He the plays the Guitar so well, I mean should ...he was the master guitarist of YES!

OK, so I find this weird that you started this Nicolas Cage roll. Well, today is a day that was arguably the darkest day ever in America...it's 9/11 :o :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: This is the 22nd anniversary of this dreaded horror :roll: In 2006 Nicolas cage was in the epic Docudrama called World Trade Center. The music was by My Grandma's favorite composer Craig Armstrong. The trailer speaks for itself.

Hollywood was really milking the 9/11 tragedy in 2006, 17 years ago this year. Here's two bonus trailers of other 9/11 movies, Flight 93 & United 93.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:23 am

Everything always comes back to Nicolas cage, lol. I've never seen those movies. I don't think I'd want to watch them.

I was flipping channels Saturday night and did a double-take when I saw this listed. I know biker movies were popular back then, but I didn't know Joe Namath was in one, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:06 am

I never knew about that film so I had no idea that Joe Namath was is that one. It looked co with fighting. Oh yeah, Biker movies were really the thing in the 70s - 90s especially action hero films like 91's Stone Cold I spotlighted the other day ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions