Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:56 am

Yep, that was certainly a memorable commercial.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:06 am

Yep indeed. I kinda recall Pogo Bal. That was a really interesting concept, they could have called it Saturn ball or something because that what it reminds Me of ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:50 am

Funny, we were just talking about these the other day, and my wife didn't remember them at first and I said they were the things you bounced on that looked like Saturn.

We were at the county fair yesterday and we were by a roller coaster called the Wild Mouse at some places but it had a different name here, and my son asked me what was the name of that game where you pushed the marble and the cage would come down and catch the mouse. So I said, the one where you would trap the mouse? I had to say it a couple times before he caught on and remembered the name, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:50 am

How about that, there's a ton of of stuff that looks like Saturn, it's as bad of an obsession like Mars.

Well that's good people are still having fun these days. Well that's good he knew that. Today's youngsters really need to know this stuff like their elders. I recall that Mouse Trap game but I never played that one. That commercial was really good PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:32 am

Yeah, I'm going to go to a couple second hand stores and see if I can find an older version of the game. The newer ones have fewer accessories.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:34 am

I never saw that original Mouse Trap commercial which is quite cool to see however I do think I saw the newer one back then which is also quite fun :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:52 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:02 am

Operation was a pretty fun game. I think I seen that commercial way in the day :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:11 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:28 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions