Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:38 pm

I remember liking it a lot when it came out on HBO.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:25 am

I see and I never saw that one either.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:45 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:03 am

I never see Lady in White before, it's 35th anniversary is now and it starred Lukas Haas of all kids :shock:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:49 pm

I thought I should save it for Halloween but would've probably forgot by then. It's another HBO special from childhood that was on all the time, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:28 am

OK, I didn't watch HBO much till I got a bit older so I actually never seen Solarbabies or really never seen anything about it before :shock:

Here's an update on Julian Sands. If he's no long with us I hope they found him so he can be at peace :roll:

Julian Sands 4.jpg
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:12 am

Hmm, at this point hopefully that is him. Sad.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:12 am

I hope so too :roll:

Oh Fallen was a great film. It was quite nuts at times. I recall how it was back then 25 years ago this year when I wanted to see it. It had a great cast of Denzel Washington, John Goodman, Donald Sutherland, Embeth Davidtz, Elias Koteas. It's a film that makes you think.

Denzel Washington is a great actor and really an underrated action star too. Here's another religious film that he was in. it's called...

The Book of Eli 1.jpg

The Book of Eli 2.jpg

I was really wanting to see this one and I saw it along with Legion which was a great Angel horror movie back in early 2010. The Book of Eli is truly an aspiring film and has a powerful plot. It's just not another dystopian epic.

It has a tremendous score too. It's by Atticus Ross of Nine Inch Nails/[b] (most of that group has become great composers sans [b]Marilyn Manson whom chose not to be). I was really amazed the first time I heard it on My CD before I went to the show and saw it :)

I have a couple more great Denzel movies for the next couple of days ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:53 pm

I saw Fallen in the theater as it was one of those films that came out during my high school years where we went quite frequently.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:59 am

Well that is good. Virtuosity is actually one of the few Denzel Washington movies I haven't seen. I just never got around of seeing it.

I've said about in My Grandma's tribute before. She loved The Bone Collector movie, it was one of her favorites, she'd watch it all the time.

The Bone Collector 1.jpg

I liked it too, It was the first time I saw Angelina Jolie which I had a major crush on her then in 99 - the early 2000s, I thought she was so darn cool in this. It had a great cast in it and it was such a great mystery.

The Bone Collector 3.jpg

Now one of the most important aspects of this film is the music. When We first saw this in in 1999, My Grandma was the first one to notice about how great the music was. Many times she'd watch the film just to hear the music because My Grandpa & I weren't the only ones that notice the music of films, she had a great ear too and she taught Me somethings as well. She's be like listen to good that music is Angel, it's so good :( I really liked the music too and I loved that choir. It's by Craig Armstrong and it isn't something that you just listen to once and your done...no no, she loved this. During the great PEER TO PEER Music sharing days that I posted about in My Composer topic, I downloaded the score and made her CD for her Garfield Express and We'd listen to the music tons of times in her car when We'd make Our rounds. Even though I did this, sometime later I bought the official CD for Us. I played it on the CD player now and then but I'd play My other scores and I still kinda regret not playing The Bone Collector enough for her :( Listen to this, she just adored this and it really opened My mind to even greater heights to when it came to movie music :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions