Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:15 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:42 am

Those Vintage Kenner Commercials were so great :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:40 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:06 am

I never saw that Vintage Kenner SW before. That was a great one. Those Walkers really had some revolutionary tech in toys at that time and I would have loved that AT-AT & AT-ST and Tauntaun but My Grandma wasn't in time to get them for Me but thank goodness she was getting Me My Wampa as you saw in My showcases. While I cannot confirm it, the scene were the Wampa isn't in snow I believe was an inspiration for the Cliff Wampa seen in SOTE over a decade later since the creature was on dry, mountainous areas. Cool PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:18 am

Yeah, that was an especially good commmercial.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:52 am

Indeed. I missed out on them because I wasn't really into the comic stuff as you know. Oh these were great times when 7-11 was being great and creative. See if you can walk in a location now and experience something like that again :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:20 pm

We have a 7-11 just done the road that I frequent a lot and I wish they still did cool things like this. I guess it just isn't cost effective anymore.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:35 am

Yes, same for Me. The last thing I recall 7-11 having like that was My WWE Cups that I showcased. Those are 12 years + old already :shock: A little bit before that they had some great Marvel Figures & Cups which I'll get to in Marvel topic in time. My most favorite however was in 2000 when I collected a Slurpee Baseball hologram coin book that My Grandma helped Me finish cause those were hard to find. I had her looking at all the Slurpee cups cause I didn't want duplicates cause they were a bit expensive. Sometimes I just bought the cups only to get what I needed before they were out of stock, these are one of My most prized Baseball items. I plan on doing a massive multi-part Baseball showcase in My Odds & Ends after I get done with My schedule.

I never saw that Big Bird before, he was cute and those little kids were really into him, he sounded really authentic and the cassette was the way to go really. That was cute PB ;)

Now this isn't really toys but it's Looney Tunes. I just posted My special Six Flags 1993 Souvenir Guide in My Odds & Ends and I'd appreciate you checking it out at this link --->

http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post46963.html#p46963

Here is a cool 1993 Six Flags commercial. Seeing this makes Me really relive the time I had during that year 30 years ago :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:33 am

Nice, that was about the time our local theme park became a Six Flags. It didn't have animals like that because of the weather around here, but that would've been around the time I was old enough to start going with just friends. I almost got a summer job there doing caricatures but the 40 minute drive both ways didn't really make the money go far when you figure out how much gas that was a week.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:23 am

Well that sounded cool PB. i didn't have much friends to do stuff with :roll:

Ah the Mask. I loved that movie but never got those figures. Them looked really cool and reminds Me of Kenner's other greats like Beetlejuice & Ghostbusters for instance. I bet it was kinda confusing back then for kids and collectors that owned both M.A.S.K. & The Mask figure both By Kenner cause it's like which one are you talking about :? :lol: Well the later was really under Hasbro so there's that :roll: Really good PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions